Premium Format Savage Opress Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Savage Opress

ekhm, asokha? no thank you.... Bleh, she and skywalker... I stopped watchign the series after 3rd season. All the time I was hoping she will die in one of the episodes. But nopes! 4 seasons and she just says goodbye to the jedi order, because they didn't trust her "oh noahhh! How can you not trust your snips, huh? I am outta here!" Not to mention that the episode it happened in was just utter garbage. It's the stupidest thing on earth when you tell the viewer the real story and then just feed him with bunch of poorly executed images.

Yeah, sure I do like to moan, but TCW, even with all the enthusiasm I can muster was just so poor. All the senator action, poor plot...
It's not like the show didn't have good moments. Each season had just enough of them to make super exciting trailers. LANDING AT POINT RAIN was absolutely my favourite of all episodes, but even this one could have been done in slightly better way. It took off nicely, but kind of sucked at the end.

While annoying at first I think Asokha turned into one of the best characters on the show. She transformed along the way into a character definitely worth rooting for. Not to mention an added bonus is the impact she brings onto Anakin's character which we all know what the final result of that is. I think most people who stuck with the show really have become to be fans of her character, so it's not like I'm the unusual one here.

Besides, what are you referring to when they "tell the viewer the real story?" I think her going rogue is a fair conclusion for a young jedi who has come to learn what she has learn and seeing some of the flaws of the jedi. She was Anakin's padawan, a character who also has had MAJOR issues with seeing things the same way as the rest of the jedi. It makes perfect sense that she would struggle with it the way she has especially after only her master still believed she was set up.

While annoying at first I think Asokha turned into one of the best characters on the show. She transformed along the way into a character definitely worth rooting for. Not to mention an added bonus is the impact she brings onto Anakin's character which we all know what the final result of that is. I think most people who stuck with the show really have become to be fans of her character, so it's not like I'm the unusual one here.

Besides, what are you referring to when they "tell the viewer the real story?" I think her going rogue is a fair conclusion for a young jedi who has come to learn what she has learn and seeing some of the flaws of the jedi. She was Anakin's padawan, a character who also has had MAJOR issues with seeing things the same way as the rest of the jedi. It makes perfect sense that she would struggle with it the way she has especially after only her master still believed she was set up.

Agreed. I felt the same way about Ahsoka but she has become a favorite of mine and I want a realistic PF of her! :pray:

I'd like an Ashoka PF actually. She did grow on me. It seems to be one of those rare instances where people complained about her and Dave Filoni and crew responded to the criticisms.

They developed her character well. Especially for being animated.

Big Ahsoka fan as well, love her. The series introduced some nice new characters (her, Savage, Cad Bane :rock) and gave room to others to flesh out (Dooku, Ventress, several Jedi Generals/Padawans). Who cares if its canon or not? Most fights are nice and the clones are awesome, I think the show did well to give them a face. And man those few moments when Anakin is on his own and becomes borderline darkside.

I consider myself a Star Wars fan but I do not like people who dismiss parts of it because they dislike them. The Clone Wars ARE part of the SW universe. Watch/read what you like and ignore the rest I say. To the OT purists, CW was NOT made for you.

In the end, Savage PF being made proves that CW has a place in Star Wars Canon.

ps: IMO :wink1:

:clap:yess:
Big Ahsoka fan as well, love her. The series introduced some nice new characters (her, Savage, Cad Bane :rock) and gave room to others to flesh out (Dooku, Ventress, several Jedi Generals/Padawans). Who cares if its canon or not? Most fights are nice and the clones are awesome, I think the show did well to give them a face. And man those few moments when Anakin is on his own and becomes borderline darkside.

I consider myself a Star Wars fan but I do not like people who dismiss parts of it because they dislike them. The Clone Wars ARE part of the SW universe. Watch/read what you like and ignore the rest I say. To the OT purists, CW was NOT made for you.

:clap:exactly::lecture:goodpost::yess:

Oh I hope i did not got to excited... but they post a huge banner in todays newsletter

Not only that but the CW's version of Anakin is the best out there. You finally get why he was considered a great leader, tactician.... And missed.
All you see in the movies is his immaturity and fits whereas in the show he's actually wiser gentler and a good mentor... While still brash at times.

the preview looked more realistic IMO .. what I am hoping for..

yeah it's more a more realistic version. here's GG's Opress which is the animated version compared to SS's...i like GG's "spider" maul.

GG got the color and patterns of Opress correct...hopefully SS will too before it ships.

Last edited:

I wonder if he will look animated or if they will give him a realistic look. would this be the first animated PF if so?

Looks realistic. Gentle Giant did a more animated approach:

GG%20Animated%20Savage%20Opress%20Maquette%202.jpg

And it looks great in person

EDIT: I was beat to the punch

yeah it's more a more realistic version. here's GG's Opress which is the animated version compared to SS's...i like GG's "spider" maul.

GG got the color and patterns of Opress correct...hopefully SS will too before it ships.

:lecture Nice!

Will we be getting the full reveal soon? Preorder this Thursday? :pray:

Back