Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint apps are all over the place. Ones like my 1st one and some of the other pics I have seen are bad. The replacement base I got was worlds better so it looks like lax QC on the paint which is a shame.

Agree. Really all over the place in regards to the paint apps

Hm,
decided to go with the weta one and scored it on ebay yesterday. Some comments regarding the paintjob and yt vids didn't get me hyped. Now I will cancel my PO and spend the saved money (around 450$) on Azog.

Hm,
decided to go with the weta one and scored it on ebay yesterday. Some comments regarding the paintjob and yt vids didn't get me hyped. Now I will cancel my PO and spend the saved money (around 450$) on Azog.

Going to do the same. But it's bad to lose the 180$ for the NRD.

Going to do the same. But it's bad to lose the 180$ for the NRD.

Would be cheaper to get it in hand. See if you like it and if not, return it for a full refund. Heck if you want to send it back, send me some pictures first. If I like it, I could take it off your hands and save you the return shipping.

Would be cheaper to get it in hand. See if you like it and if not, return it for a full refund. Heck if you want to send it back, send me some pictures first. If I like it, I could take it off your hands and save you the return shipping.

Are you from Canada? If so, maybe it could be a option.

But if I'm getting it and want to return it to SS after, sideshow won't refund me the incoming shipping, the duty fee and the Canadians taxes. And return it back to SS will cost me another 100$. So it will probably cost me more than the NRD 180$ cost. No?

...But if I'm getting it and want to return it to SS after, sideshow won't refund me the incoming shipping, the duty fee and the Canadians taxes. And return it back to SS will cost me another 100$. So it will probably cost me more than the NRD 180$ cost. No?

Is there something else you want from Sideshow? Ask them if they'll move your NRD to another product.

Is there something else you want from Sideshow? Ask them if they'll move your NRD to another product.

I already thought about this, but read on their site that it's not possible. You think I could get a 1 time grace? Cost nothing to try.

Are you from Canada? If so, maybe it could be a option.

But if I'm getting it and want to return it to SS after, sideshow won't refund me the incoming shipping, the duty fee and the Canadians taxes. And return it back to SS will cost me another 100$. So it will probably cost me more than the NRD 180$ cost. No?

I live in Gatineau, IIRC you are in Montreal. 2 hour drive. There is no duty fee with Fedex int. Only the 5% tax payable upon delivery for us Quebecors.

However you may need to pay return shipping. Not sure.

Last edited:
I live in Gatineau, IIRC you are in Montreal. 2 hour drive. There is no duty fee with Fedex int. Only the 5% tax payable upon delivery for us Quebecors.

However you may need to pay return shipping. Not sure.

No duty with FedEx Int? U SURE? , I always payed DUTY and the 5%tax when I got stuff from Sideshow! You must be lucky.

No duty with FedEx Int? U SURE? , I always payed DUTY and the 5%tax when I got stuff from Sideshow! You must be lucky.

Fedex int is supposed to include duty. I swear I have bought a lot from SSC and only pay 5% tax upon delivery.

I pretty sure there is duty to be paid. I got my Sauron in November and had to pay the 2 taxes GST / PST + Release Fee which totals $152.84

I pretty sure there is duty to be paid. I got my Sauron in November and had to pay the 2 taxes GST / PST + Release Fee which totals $152.84

Correct. There is taxes however there's no brokerage fees charged by FedEx. UPS and FedEx love to charge up the *** for brokerage fees. I've never had to pay any brokerage fees with Sideshow

Ignore the messy background please

So I got Sauron Out of the box ,put him on the base and installed one shoulder spike,Pointed the ceiling lamp at him ad let him bathe in some light , didnt remove all the parts as I didn't want to re package if I sent this back.

turned on the flash on my iphone

IMG_1614_zpsc6c3969c.jpg

IMG_1612_zps29a13ec3.jpg

IMG_1605_zps017ca697.jpg

This thing need's a spotlight to make it shine,I have never found a statue so challenging to display, This thing needs to be displayed solo, with lighting at the right angles . So your not going to like it if you see it in a poorly lit cave that I call my apartment.Sure it needs a repaint but for my purposes I think I can work with the lighting when I move into my home.

Last edited:
Ignore the messy background please

So I got Sauron Out of the box ,put him on the base and installed one shoulder spike,Pointed the ceiling lamp at him ad let him bathe in some light , didnt remove all the parts as I didn't want to re package if I sent this back.

turned on the flash on my iphone

IMG_1614_zpsc6c3969c.jpg

IMG_1612_zps29a13ec3.jpg

IMG_1605_zps017ca697.jpg

This thing need's a spotlight to make it shine,I have never found a statue so challenging to display, This thing needs to be displayed solo, with lighting at the right angles . So your not going to like it if you see it in a poorly lit cave that I call my apartment.Sure it needs a repaint but for my purposes I think I can work with the lighting when I move into my home.

Agree 100% with this post. Proper lighting from the front with dark background is how I would do it, together with a shelf higher above the ground having Sauron looking down on you. That would be the perfect way to display him. IMHO. Glad to see he does have some shine on him with the extra lighting. You need that light to get that armour to look like metal. Grats

Back