Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's really orange.

Why does this have so many QC problems?

It doesn't. Some may have a bit stronger look than others but a lot of it has to do with how the picture is taken and what light is being used. This has had no more qc issue than a normal I'd say.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me.
Trust me the pics make it look good,The paint job is flat,dead flat.So much Orange,like he has hung out with the jersey shore ******'s for too long,the top of his head is spiked like them too.!!!It looks like the armor is plastic yknow, it's supposed to look like metal .

It doesn't. Some may have a bit stronger look than others but a lot of it has to do with how the picture is taken and what light is being used. This has had no more qc issue than a normal I'd say.

Yrs looks really good, did u get yrs painted?

Trust me the pics make it look good,The paint job is flat,dead flat.So much Orange,like he has hung out with the jersey shore ******'s for too long,the top of his head is spiked like them too.!!!It looks like the armor is plastic yknow, it's supposed to look like metal .

If you say your Sideshow Sauron statue paint job sucks bro, I believe you 100%....was that a flash used on the photo, because I didnt see hardly any light reflect off it. and that is a sign of drab and dull...in regards to the paint world...If this statue was originally painted at the factory one color with a good quality Grey Metallic paint with a good light up base from the front with orange/red/yellow lighting and placed in a dark room or cabinet, it would be better looking, and it would be much, much more acceptable for many

Last edited:
i was planning on getting it in december, but im really worried, shipping alone is 235$ to India and add another 210$ for customs, dont know whether its worth it, some look ok, other so so,
im kinda disappointed because I honestly expected the levels of details like on the Reaper LSF ,sadly i dont think its the case here

Have to say I went to my local LCS when this dropped and walked in to see this setup right up front. I so wanted to love it but just felt nothing for it, largely due to the flat, flat paint job. Hopefully SS's experiment with painted light effects will be left in the history books looking forward.

i was planning on getting it in december, but im really worried, shipping alone is 235$ to India and add another 210$ for customs, dont know whether its worth it, some look ok, other so so,
im kinda disappointed because I honestly expected the levels of details like on the Reaper LSF ,sadly i dont think its the case here

Reaper has a way classier paint job than Sauron. No one can deny that. If this had that quality paint job, they woulda sold a thousand of these already. The statue itself is well detailed, but it's only the paint job that's at question here. The SS factory paint does not get to show those scroll and joint details and does not represent a good metal armour look

Last edited:

The shipping and customs hurt for sure. As far as The Reaper it's a very cool piece. I would say its one of SS best piece but the best piece IMO they've ever done is Sauron. The details are quite well done across the board and the paint job IMO is quite good. Of course you're going to see some variation with the lava effect, but the really heavy looks come from people using flash. In natural light it looks just fine. Now, I think because of the amount of money you're gonna spend you have to make sure you're totally happy. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest anyone to get this piece and for me it's easily the best statue of 2013.

Nope mines factory. No need to get it done the paint job on this piece is pretty darn good. :rock

well that was what I was expecting

If you say your Sideshow Sauron statue paint job sucks bro, I believe you 100%....was that a flash used on the photo, because I didnt see hardly any light reflect off it. and that is a sign of drab and dull...in regards to the paint world...If this statue was originally painted at the factory one color with a good quality Grey Metallic paint with a good light up base from the front with orange/red/yellow lighting and placed in a dark room or cabinet, it would be better looking, and it would be much, much more acceptable for many

nah no flash,I will take one with flash later

My Sauron PF has arrived! #744/1500. I ordered it from a local store (Popcultcha). This statue is massive! I like it a lot! Though I need some rearranging of my collectibles to give space for this beast!

A quick phone photo:

11100408626_40fea8ce84_b.jpg

However, mine has got a minor damage, which hopefully would be easily replaceable. One of the spikes on the right shoulder armour of Sauron had a small chip on the top.

11100483403_8762e0005b_c.jpg

I had the same piece broken in the exact same place on my Sauron from Popcultcha :gah:
Everything else arrived sweet I was really worried about the base, so I'll hope for a replacement shoulder armour.
Not sure if I'll repaint it or not, gonna set him up and decide once he's under lights.

As far as The Reaper it's a very cool piece. I would say its one of SS best piece but the best piece IMO they've ever done is Sauron. The details are quite well done across the board and the paint job IMO is quite good. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest anyone to get this piece and for me it's easily the best statue of 2013.

And why is that... Is it because your the ultimate LOTR fan or is it really because the statues paint apps are that good? "The best piece in my opinion they ever done is Sauron." Give me a break. I won't deny that this had the potential to be. But it ain't and most folks know it. That quote warrants a argument/discussion/opinion/rebuttal

And why is that... Is it because your the ultimate LOTR fan or is it really because the statues paint apps are that good? "The best piece in my opinion they ever done is Sauron." Give me a break. I won't deny that this had the potential to be. But it ain't and most folks know it. That quote warrants a argument/discussion/opinion/rebuttal

Because I think they're that good. I'm sorry you have a problem with that. I said the best piece they've ever done and I stand by that. You don't agree that's fine. Don't really care to be honest with you. Most folks know it says you. I've seen as many say its a fantastic piece as many if not more than said it wasn't. So I guess we're both right by what we've seen. :peace

Not having the piece myself, I'd say that the paint apps look a bit flat, but and it's a big but the scale of the piece also allows for natural shadows to form better than most scaled pieces, if I had the piece I'd probably would want to do the black wash in the detailing on the floral work

Not having the piece myself, I'd say that the paint apps look a bit flat, but and it's a big but the scale of the piece also allows for natural shadows to form better than most scaled pieces, if I had the piece I'd probably would want to do the black wash in the detailing on the floral work

Paint apps are all over the place. Ones like my 1st one and some of the other pics I have seen are bad. The replacement base I got was worlds better so it looks like lax QC on the paint which is a shame.

Back