Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of my 2 bases, pretty much side by side. Almost everything on the new base is better.

n639.jpg

Compared to the old one:

khc1.jpg

hi adolpho i love your finished sauron and thanks for the painting process as i am going to do mine the same.
just cant stand the bronze orange effect it does not look like a glowing lava it looks ****e , i hate it , i liked it at first but now i have had him for 3 days it is horrible.
my question to you, did you use the the liquid silver leaf as base coat, then applied the black after .thanks .

Base coat ...flat black is done afterwards yes...go light, you decide how dark you want your Sauron to look...watch those fumes on the leaf paint, it dries very fast too.. Good luck man. Take your time. Any questions feel free to ask.

Base coat ...flat black is done afterwards yes...go light, you decide how dark you want your Sauron to look...watch those fumes on the leaf paint, it dries very fast too.. Good luck man. Take your time. Any questions feel free to ask.
thanks mate , i know what paint to to order now .did you do any silver dry bushing at the end or just leave it . thanks.

thanks mate , i know what paint to to order now .did you do any silver dry bushing at the end or just leave it . thanks.

No silver dry brushing. I pretended it was brand new armour with the silver paint then pretended it got dirty from battle and living in Mordor. Good luck going to church now. Believe or not will throw in a prayer for a successful paint job for ya

Sideshow charged my ATM card twice for Sauron! Just got off the phone with them and they said sorry and that they were sending me a care package. Anyone ever get a care package from sideshow and if so what was in it?

Big but underwhelming due to a flat paint job with different opinions on the orange glow effect paint scheme.

Depends on the quality of the paint. Mine jumped way up in my eyes with the new base and couple armor parts I got from SS, but the originals were subpar.
i love the sculpt and the impressive size .its just the so called lava glow effect is cr@p .
mine looks like oxide rust especially on the legs.i am going to do a total repaint.and will do progress pics .

Dont worry about it Chev. These people customize and paint up statues for a hobby. Nothing that comes out of the factory is going to be up to par with their standards. Stay away from this thread until you get it in hand and judge for yourself. The more you worry about what they say about the paint app, the more your expectations lessen.

Just going to post everything I kept from what I took today. I'm obviously very happy with the statue and think its one of the best pieces in my collection. I'm also pretty happy with the pictures and how they came out. Hope you all like the pictures.

Chev this is the kind of awesomeness you can expect in March.

Back