Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the massive doily Josh :lol:peace

Sauron would need a massive one for sure. I may take a pic with one but since this will be reviewed on TORn I probably won't do many. Plus we have something special cooked up in conjunction with this piece.

zybyhery.jpg

Litrally cant stop looking at him, my girlfriend thinks im scared hes going to run off lol

:dunno

A Sauron PF thread, I read through the past 392 pages.

:panic:

Waiting on mine. This would be the first/most expensive statue I have bought since starting mid this year. The comments of plastic concern me, I mean I thought part of the reasoning for the price was materials used. I understand the pros to plastic due to breakage, etc., but I dunno. Also "some" of the overpray I am seeing...looks more like he would be made of copper. :(

Plastic? I must have missed that part. That's surprising;

It's been done before. They do it in a different type of plastic that can deal with the stresses of shipping better. Most likely the really point parts of the armor.

I haven't updated the thread yet but please post your number and I will edit the thread asap. That way we can see how many freaks may have gotten this and watch out for shady ebay auctions.

Looking forward to your pics Josh.

I will look at the number of mine tonight and let you know.

So a couple hours yet. Are you going to open him tonight?

Sadly yes :( It depends to be honest. If I get home and there is some good light to take pictures I might. I want to take pictures of the base, then Sauron on the base. So I need good light to get that done because I really plan on taking quite a few pictures. Then I need to edit them a bit to make sure I get them at least where I'm happy with them. That can take a long time to be honest. I figure I may take 300-400 photos of Sauron just to make sure I get 50 or so that I like.

I understand it will take you a long time to get pics up. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on him.

You'll love him Josh! I can't take my eyes off him, but I can't get over how freaking big he is! My trouble has been finding a place to put him :lol!!

Just opened 375. First noticed the two big hole punctures. Nice job UPS. Opened the shipper, and the art box had the two impressions, but did not puncture the art box.

Pulled the white packing out, it is VERY tight. Broke a piece of the foam pulling. I recommend opening and letting it slide out with gravity.

Really looked like it had been opened and re taped. The tape was a couple of layers thick. Be careful lifting the foam, a couple of pieces tend to stick.

I took the base out very carefully after reading that the base may have issues. The base was flawless. I then took the Sauron out and placed him in the base. The peg was very tight and had to be worked a little bit at first. After getting past the tight opened,it slid in with a heavy thud. Be careful rocking him into place. Next I placed the two arm plates in place with no issue. The left knee went in easy. The right knee hole is out of square. It would not sink flush; not a deal breaker here. Next I placed the shoulder pauldrons. No issues. Then the mace. Very smooth. Last came the head. Much better than the weta which just sat there and was easy to fall off; the pf actually has an impression for the head. All the spikes were straight.

I did take an LED light and went over it with my wife and daughter looking as well. No noticeable flaw or chips.

Overall impression...

Disappointed with the brown shipper damage ( do not know why I care, it is a shipper, but I do)

Art box is supper nice.

Foam inside is disappointing after seeing how great the reaper packing was. I know, I know, LS vs PF. But, still 900 for each I believe.

Base is super impressive. I did not think it would translate well from the painting, but it does.

Sauron figure does not have the same classic feel as the weta. Fremen, is correct, would be better with the Weta paint apps, but at least the paint apps were flawless. The over spray on the base was a very light orange and actually added to the over all look. It does have a more copper look on the armor, but, reflection on grey may have the effect.

Cape looks better spread out at the bottom. I kind of hooked the third layer on the elf shield and went out by the numenorians sword. Looks really nice.

I know weight will interest some...it had a nice heavy feel. Not like pf hulk, but pf colossus, maybe a tad heavier.

I really like the statue. If you choose not to get the pf, you could make an argument that the weta was just as good and no one could dispute your choice. However, I have both and while a tough call, the pf is the better piece.

Hope you enjoyed my review and it helps you un box yours. And, with all others, it is just my opinion, but it is a very nice piece. I am please with the over all outcome.

Ral

Last edited:
Back