Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was if your a PF collector. I don't have the space to collect multiple LoTR lines. No new PF, no sneak of new PF (not even mentioned in PF video) it was quite simply the worst year since starting the PF line. Dreadful really.

I'm sorry this comic-con lotr wise was anything but disappointing. 3 new lotr items is awesome. Seeing in person helps and I mentioned we need a new concept video and it sounds like it will happen.

Edit: plus we got an amazing orthanc from Weta. Nothing but win for me.

Yes, we've all seen that press release. It's SS's polite way of saying 'bend over......'. No doubt the pricing is going to eliminate alot of potential customers, but there's no way I'll be passing on it.
That's pretty much how I feel in regards to the RWOS. I'll most likely not be able to swing both Sauron and the RWOS, but it really all depends on how far apart they are released and what else is on the horizon. And as of right now it looks like I'll be hooked up on a steady flex-pay drip for quite a while.

That's a good point. Rumour has it the RWOS may also fall into the LSF category and if that's the case I can see alot, if not most collectors, having to choose one or the other. :(

I'll probably just get RWOS especially if they jack up the price and make Sauron 'Legendary' Pricing (TM)

It was if your a PF collector. I don't have the space to collect multiple LoTR lines. No new PF, no sneak of new PF (not even mentioned in PF video) it was quite simply the worst year since starting the PF line. Dreadful really.

According to masterside, we have nothing to complain about....:lecture :lol

I like Masterside but I'll have to disagree with him on that one. Overall this has been a brilliant event for SS.

I like Masterside but I'll have to disagree with him on that one. Overall this has been a brilliant event for SS.

I can't disagree. The LSF news was nice, though I can't see that impacting alot of collectors as most will be unable or unwilling to pay those kind of prices, but the DC news was spectacular. And overall, the show was far from a disaster for LOTR collectors with the pre-order of Boromir and previews of Arwen and the Snow Troll, though I think most LOTR collectors were expecting alot more....at least in regard to news or sneak peeks.

I guess what I don't quite get is this: Sauron is now in this brand-spankin-new category so they can use the best possible materials (metal, leather, etc...). I thought that's what the PF line was for. So far wasn't the Uruk-Hai Berserker's scimitar the only metal to date?

I am going be more than a bit bummed if after all the teasing I end up not being able to afford the RWOS because he falls into the L$ category, especially after waiting for years for a Ringwraith PF and getting the ML (which I think is great, but I still want a regular 'wraith). :gah: I don't usually like to get all bent out of shape before I have all the facts, but these two pieces are pretty important to me, so hopefully we will get a little more info soon and end all the speculation.

I guess what I don't quite get is this: Sauron is now in this brand-spankin-new category so they can use the best possible materials (metal, leather, etc...). I thought that's what the PF line was for. So far wasn't the Uruk-Hai Berserker's scimitar the only metal to date?
I am going be more than a bit bummed if after all the teasing I end up not being able to afford the RWOS because he falls into the L$ category, especially after waiting for years for a Ringwraith PF and getting the ML (which I think is great, but I still want a regular 'wraith). :gah: I don't usually like to get all bent out of shape before I have all the facts, but these two pieces are pretty important to me, so hopefully we will get a little more info soon and end all the speculation.

You are absolutely correct. Most people are unaware of the fact SS promised us metal swords, armour, etc.....when they announced the PF line, and to date the only metal we've gotten is the Berserker's scimitar.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=111005lotrpre

Last edited:
Well it seems to me unfortunate echo what has Sideshow Premium Format line with the Lord of the Rings, I remember the Orc of Mordor begins serving in September, and not a sad sketch of the next piece.

Simply Shabby and collectors have treated this line, to stop taking new lines and ending lines that have begun.

The strongest ad in this show has made ​​Weta, Boromir is a marvel of piece but we already knew things about them with sketches of last year, but that no sketch, video, and have not even taken the last pieces PF, I I really think the collectors of this line does not deserve this treatment, either that or they plan to stop the line com Legendary step Busts and Dioramas, no longer surprises me about them.

Yes, we've all seen that press release. It's SS's polite way of saying 'bend over......'. No doubt the pricing is going to eliminate alot of potential customers, but there's no way I'll be passing on it.

I'm basically in the same camp of not passing on this. However, for this LSF price, the pose will have to fit as close to my exact wants as possible.

I suppose. I'm a LOTR fan first and formost so the fact between Sideshow and Weta we got 4 brand new items that will be up for PO soon is a win.

I hope that the RWOS avoids the Legendary Scale Line, as I am pretty much resigning myself to the fact that he will be out of my budget if he falls into that category. Sauron not being part of my collection I can live with, as he isn't even really corporeal in the books, and while cool in his armor, I can skip him. The ringwraiths, especially on horseback, were such a huge part of the books and the visual is so striking, that I would prefer that as a Premium Format.

I'll reserve any more gnashing of teeth until we see more concrete info from Sideshow, but I am surprised that we haven't seen more news on the Premium Format line coming out of SDCC.

I hope that the RWOS avoids the Legendary Scale Line, as I am pretty much resigning myself to the fact that he will be out of my budget if he falls into that category. Sauron not being part of my collection I can live with, as he isn't even really corporeal in the books, and while cool in his armor, I can skip him. The ringwraiths, especially on horseback, were such a huge part of the books and the visual is so striking, that I would prefer that as a Premium Format.

I'll reserve any more gnashing of teeth until we see more concrete info from Sideshow, but I am surprised that we haven't seen more news on the Premium Format line coming out of SDCC.

I agree, wouldn't want the RWOS to be 'Legendary' Pricing too! ; x Can pass on Sauron but not RWOS :(

CSFs are the new 'Premium' Premium Format. Long live CSFs!

I wonder if this will come with the broken Narsil sword and I also wonder if the ring will glow. It's been years since I read the LOTR books, but I think Sauron's skin was 1000 degrees which was why the ring glowed when he wore it.

Phil, I can't say if we'll have a Narsil shard or not, but I have been working with SS and the sculptor on the Sauron project, and in my opinion, he is going to kick some serious rear end, because he is looking awesome! The details are crazy, all the way down to the embossesd scroll work on his armour!

JV

Phil, I can't say if we'll have a Narsil shard or not, but I have been working with SS and the sculptor on the Sauron project, and in my opinion, he is going to kick some serious rear end, because he is looking awesome! The details are crazy, all the way down to the embossesd scroll work on his armour!

JV

I'm signed up for this one. Cannot wait :rock

JV

Thanks for the info Jerry I can't wait to see it. Sauron as well the Ringwraith on Steed are two of my most wanted pieces.

Back