Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Properly displayed with that low level lighting like the JV painting. That is the way it was meant to be. That is how to correctly display this piece with the SS paint job. Good job in showing us Masterside what this piece could really look like if displayed properly. That light set up is perfect. Grats

Great pictures! As I've said before the factory paint on Sauron works just fine in a naturally lit display. :rock

*When I say naturally lit display I mean how the room shows off how the armor color works just fine. Obviously the lights on the display add to the lava effect but overall it shows that the paint job in a naturally lit room works just fine. You don't need a super dark room to make the factory paint work. I hope this clears up what I meant since it seems to not have been clear to some people. :duff :)

Last edited:
Fantastic pics. Really captured how awesome this looks right out of the box. I agree with adolfo, this isn't meant to have a big light source blasting it, and that seems to be when people knock the paint job.

Great pictures! As I've said before the factory pain on Sauron works just fine in a naturally lit display. :rock

In your dreams if you think that is a natural display with yellow lights showing from the base front. Don't pretend

Fantastic pics. Really captured how awesome this looks right out of the box. I agree with adolfo, this isn't meant to have a big light source blasting it, and that seems to be when people knock the paint job.

100% agree. Been saying that from day one. Masterside has shown the absolute best and correct way to display this piece with the out of the box paint job

In your dreams if you think that is a natural display with yellow lights showing from the base front. Don't pretend

I didn't say it was. I said the room was naturally lit. Obviously it's got lights coming up from the bottom to aide the orange glow.

Great pics Masterside!:rock

I've still got two more months until my Sauron gets here. Azog's arrival in the next couple weeks will definitely help pass the time.:yess:

The pictures looked fantastic Masterside! You have captured just the right lighting for this piece. This will give me ideas on how I will setup mine. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for your comments! Especially for travis :)

I love this piece, and don't hesitate to buy this PF it's a nice representation of the Dark Lord Sauron and with the good leds (ikea dioder hot brightness) you'll enjoy more the paint job no doubt!

Gotmy replacement scepter and since it came through the lcs I bought from, I don't think I have to dispose of the broken one. Just one of the tips to the mace had broken off. I'm think of doing something to it to make it a battle damaged scepter, but I'm not much of a modder. I would love to have some elf brains on it and just jack it up a bit. Could be cool, take some chips out of it. Would be cool to wedge something that looked like shards of elf helm into it.

I'm happy to pay someone a reasonable price to give it a go if anyone wants to.

Gotmy replacement scepter and since it came through the lcs I bought from, I don't think I have to dispose of the broken one. Just one of the tips to the mace had broken off. I'm think of doing something to it to make it a battle damaged scepter, but I'm not much of a modder. I would love to have some elf brains on it and just jack it up a bit. Could be cool, take some chips out of it. Would be cool to wedge something that looked like shards of elf helm into it.

I'm happy to pay someone a reasonable price to give it a go if anyone wants to.

elf brains good stuff, lovely on toast.

great pics master good stuff.

Back