Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally disagree about the base paint job. Production is far better than the prototype. It looks more like mud, not like a creamy cake.

Totally disagree about the base paint job. Production is far better than the prototype. It looks more like mud, not like a creamy cake.

Agreed.

It was one of the first things that caught my eye. If you look at the video's or the shots of it close up it really looks like a wet sloppy mud to match the stains on the DR cloak. I much prefer it and I am quite picky about my changes.

The proto was on some kind of sandy looking base.

So far from what I can tell (until I get mine) is that the teeth on the horse are the only thing different. For SS standards that's pretty good going. I can fix the teeth. In some shots they actually look pretty close anyway.

As much as I like this one, I am going to wait to see the in hand paint jobs from the forum members here. I FEAR the "orange creamsicle" glow will look off. I am not the talented repainter like some of you in here, so what I get from SS is it, no touch ups, I am praying it will be a spot on paint job. PLEASE!

After seeing how the Dark Rider turned out and how much presence he gives off........

SAURON IS NOW ORDERED!!!!!!!!!

The paint is a concern but just because this is one of the most important characters in The Lord of the Rings. I'm down to my May, June, and July payments left all on the 25th of each month. I think it will be bigger for sure since its 5" taller but I don't expect it to be much bigger. Sauron is going to be very fragile. That is my biggest concern.

Yes I agree with you Josh. I also think they will take care very well about quality of paint but the fragility is also my biggest concern. I will try to order it from Europe dealer and before sending to me ask to make sure it is checked and fully ok. If he survives overseas journey I guess within Europe I get it alright...

Yes I agree with you Josh. I also think they will take care very well about quality of paint but the fragility is also my biggest concern. I will try to order it from Europe dealer and before sending to me ask to make sure it is checked and fully ok. If he survives overseas journey I guess within Europe I get it alright...

Yeah, that would make me even more worried if it had to come across the ocean. I know SS will do all they can to make sure things arrive ok but you can't control things once its in the hands of the shipping companies.

Yeah, that would make me even more worried if it had to come across the ocean. I know SS will do all they can to make sure things arrive ok but you can't control things once its in the hands of the shipping companies.

Excactly. I have therefore agreement with my dealer in Europe once they get it over the ocean to their warehouse they can unseal it and check if it is ok. It happened to me few times they found some issue and send me other item instead or solved the case with Sideshow. It is more conveniet for me than to import from USA and then dissapoint myself upon opening the seals and send it back to US :)

Agreed.

It was one of the first things that caught my eye. If you look at the video's or the shots of it close up it really looks like a wet sloppy mud to match the stains on the DR cloak. I much prefer it and I am quite picky about my changes.

The proto was on some kind of sandy looking base.

So far from what I can tell (until I get mine) is that the teeth on the horse are the only thing different. For SS standards that's pretty good going. I can fix the teeth. In some shots they actually look pretty close anyway.

I totally agree with you boys. I much prefer the darker, wetter mud looking of the production vs. the blah sand colored base of the prototype. I think it fits the PF better.

I love DRoM but this Sauron will really wow em even more so...After in hand pics the orders will go thru the roof...and eventually sell out!...I have no doubts...I know from experience what a 3ft statue has and does for a collection...for many this will be the first time getting a 3 ft piece...It will just kill and for me personally might be the most anticipated piece ever...cannot wait...this will kick aasss....and IMHO you get a whole lot for the money here!:lecture

Last edited:
Geez can you guys talk! 250 pages on something that hasn't even shipped yet!

I've only got 84 pages. That's pretty much status quo any item shipping or not. Especially when you have as many members as we do here who are active. You know its always been like this here.

Geez can you guys talk! 250 pages on something that hasn't even shipped yet!

So true...even better is threads tend to die down once the product ships. We get a fewIn hand pics and a couple of congratulatory remarks but not hundreds of pages of chatter. So much is just in the want

Back