Sauron #105 Arrives...(pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested, I posted # 15 Sauron for auction in the auction section/Ebay.

Flame away! :dance

Mine shipped from the EU warehouse on thursday, will be here in about a week or so
:dance

Did not get mine yet

But can't wait till it arrives.....one MAJOR problem, where the heck to put this guy?!?! Where or what are your plans for displaying?

BigHose :gandalf

Sauron is 1/6 scale.

CT and Balrog are NOT 1/6 scale. I wish!

:)

Finally!!!

Got my Fedex pre-delivery notice last night, should have the DarkLord by Tues of next week :banana

I unexpectedly got Sauron today! I was expecting two enviros I had shipping notices for - the ferry and Weathertop - and had been charged for but he popped up, then I got his shipping notice after I had opened him! And then I got the Amon Hen notice too.
And, the parents and grandparents have agreed to get me Galadriel and Pippin for my birthday, so I was going to cancel those and order them on another account, but apparantly they've shipped too but I didnt get shipping e-mails for them! So I guess the 'rents will just give me a cheque for them when they arrive...
And for christmas they're getting me the battle troll and PJ, so after those 3 enviros have arrived I'll just have the two rider statues to arrive next year, the Mouth of Sauron helm and the Mumakil, which is great because I do want it to be over now, and just have my collection complete, and start saving up some money for a change! (To get the original Balrog? NO JON!!)

What do you think Frodo?

That's cool your folks getting you those items. You sold a lot of stuff but how close are you to everything or are you not going down that path again? :p

Lol.....well in the end I didnt get a load of offers for stuff, then the Prague holiday was cancelled so I could afford everything again. And now because I'm getting 2 statues for my b/day and 2 statues for xmas all I need to pay for now is the Mumakil, Mouth Of Sauron helm, and the two horse and rider statues shipping next year.

Sauron is obviously fantastic, I can't add anything to what's already been said. He's displayed on the box he came in, which both looks good and solves the 'where am I going to put the box??' dilemmna. It's wedged inbetween two cabinets so can't wobble. It makes a very good temporal display! He has a corner all to himself.

Got my Sauron today, 2 days earlier than the estimated delivery time!! :banana

All I can say is that it is the best SSW piece period :drool

I picked mine up yesterday, and again what do you add to what has been said? I do however have a few things that in my mind are to be watched for:

1) Paint job - much like the ML these do suffer from a bit of the "black metal" look, I saw three of them in person, and they all have varying amounts of this.

2) The shin spines - make sure yours are attached all the way, that also goes for the the arms, the spines are inserted and then glued in, but of course with 9,500 of them some are bound to not be so good. I noticed on one of the Saurons I was looking at that one of the spines was glued in crooked. Check yours carefully.

3) The mace - this is going to likely require some putty or something to keep it from potentially slipping loose.

Congrads to all those getting theirs soon! :joy

I received Sauron the other day and I'm officially out of room. No room for the box, no room for the statue, no room in any place in the apartment. :horror

Back