Sauron #105 Arrives...(pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sauron $105 Arrives

Mine (#69) arrived this afternoon. Even heavier than I expected. Poor FedEx man needed muscles for this one.

Its fabulous! The muddy "circles" are present so they are intentional. Can't imagine anyone not wanting this one.

WetaWork said:
Sauron looks fantastic next to the Barad-dur. :ogat As if he is looking over his domain and barking orders to his Nazgul. That's how I plan on displaying him. I've already got a black pedestal waiting for his arrival.

I'm also displaying Sauron underneath my Barad-Dur print. I will display one of the good guy Riders (probably Leg. and Gim.) under my Rivendell print. I can't wait to post pics of the full display once it is set up. It's going to be awesome!

DonnamiraTook said:
Mine (#69) arrived this afternoon. Even heavier than I expected. Poor FedEx man needed muscles for this one.

Its fabulous! The muddy "circles" are present so they are intentional. Can't imagine anyone not wanting this one.

yeah, you can kinda see them on this screen grab

Sauron shipping soon

Just got my email to say he is shipping from the EUW any day now. :fireworks

This is the one statue I have been waiting for all year. From the photos I think he will have been worth the wait.

Only problem I can see is where to put him. Gothmog arrived this week and caused a reshuffle of the display, but Sauron will need some major rethinking of my cabinets.

Last edited:
Taniquetil said:
Only problem I can see is where to put him. Gothmog arrived this week and caused a reshuffle of the display, but Sauron will need some major rethinking of my cabinets.

Yeah, a few hours before he came I thought crap even the second place I wanted to put him wouldnt work. So I had to move Strider, GTG, and Elrond around so I could put Sauron on top of my PC desk next to the CT.

PS Tani your banner isn't working. You may need to take the word banner out of it. That was my problem earlier with mine.

I was using HTML instead of the required VBScripting. All fixed now.

My website is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of date but I will link it anyway.

I think I have an idea where to put Sauron, but I will need to wait until he arrives before I start moving other statues about.

HighElven said:
Why would they make him bigger than 1/6th scale?

Hell if I know. If the CT and Balrog are 1/6th we know both those characters where bigger than Sauron in size so they would be bigger if they didn't get made in 1/6th. I would say Sauron is 1/4th scale which is cool by me.

Sorry but I didnt get any of that.
The Cave Troll and Balrog were not done in 1/6th scale (obviously, the Cave Troll was pretty close though), but I'm pretty sure Sauron would of been.
So what do you base the fact that Sauron is 1/4th on?

Wow, the Sauron is very huge! It Dwarfs RWoS and that is a big statue. :ogat

HighElven said:
Sorry but I didnt get any of that.
The Cave Troll and Balrog were not done in 1/6th scale (obviously, the Cave Troll was pretty close though), but I'm pretty sure Sauron would of been.
So what do you base the fact that Sauron is 1/4th on?

I'm saying all the other biggies don't come to the size of Sauron and they would if they hadn't been in 1/6th. So I'm guessing he is in 1/4th.

The other biggies dont compare in size becuase they are not 1/6th.
I did some calculations and if the Sauron statue was in 1/4th, it would mean in full scale he would be only 8ft, whereas if he was 1/6th it turned out to be 12ft in 1:1.
I'm pretty sure its in 1/6th.

HighElven said:
The other biggies dont compare in size becuase they are not 1/6th.
I did some calculations and if the Sauron statue was in 1/4th, it would mean in full scale he would be only 8ft, whereas if he was 1/6th it turned out to be 12ft in 1:1.
I'm pretty sure its in 1/6th.

That's most likely the case on all of that. I don't recall SS ever saying which of these was or wasn't TBO.

Jesseawilson said:
Could you or anyone that has had it arrive give me the dimensions H,W,D please?

TY in advance!

Jesse

The base is what you see on SS site 15"W 14" D and with the base he is between 24-26"H.

Back