Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Saruman the White

Call me crazy but I'm going to wait for higher res actual product/prototype pics to be posted. :peace

even would be more prudent to wait for homemade photos, this piece did not come to the homes of collectors up to within 1 year

Anyway, i dont think that speak here about the production pics was bad idea, this is a forum,a (semi-adult) toy forum :lecture

in this forum the conclusions seem to not like to compulsive buyers

even would be more prudent to wait for homemade photos, this piece did not come to the homes of collectors up to within 1 year

Anyway, i dont think that speak here about the production pics was bad idea, this is a forum,a (semi-adult) toy forum :lecture

in this forum the conclusions seem to not like to compulsive buyers

No worries, we're here to discuss stuff, it's all good. :hi5: I'm not immune to premature evaluation on these forums myself. :lol

A beard like Saruman's can't be sculpted to look 100% like the film. You would need real hair to do it. Looks great!

A beard like Saruman's can't be sculpted to look 100% like the film. You would need real hair to do it. Looks great!

Isnt it a PF...they used to have hair on statues like the early Electra etc

Yeah it stands out a mile off. Being such a prominent feature of his face it should really be perfect.

Saruman's beard is as straight as his hair, not full of curls and waves.

io8vXcQb39llJ.jpg

Bit worried about his expression as well. Saru should look old, focused an simply evil. SS has to get out of their 'iconic' sculpting, this reminds me of Doctor Doom. If their paint turns out flat, it could look bad.

Christopher Lee played him perfectly with his powerfull voice and eyes, but at the same time as a frail old man. In my mind Saruman is like a walking corrupted corpse, but at the same time so powerfull he could fling a fireball in your face in a second. That is what this PF should depict.

Yeah it stands out a mile off. Being such a prominent feature of his face it should really be perfect.

Saruman's beard is as straight as his hair, not full of curls and waves.

io8vXcQb39llJ.jpg

Beard doesn't bother me so much, I don't expect to look exactly like Christopher Lee but so far the face looks pretty good.
A light-up Palantir would be awesome.

I just think for the money (because he won't be cheap, let's face it) things like that should be correct. A wizards beard is a big part of his character after all, and with it being attached to his face it's not like you can cover it up like you could with WK's wonky legs or a hideous join in an elbow.

I just don't understand why they sculpted such a nice beard, but the wrong beard?

Looking at this again and again...man that freakin beard is really starting to bug me...eeverything else I can deal with...To straighten out that beard would require sculpying/and or even part or all of the old one out...that means pain in the as*...You just cannot paint over this beard to make it look like it should..

Last edited:

I think it looks great. Much better resemblance than aragorn and frodo.
Aragon looks a lot more like Viggo once you repaint him
Looking at this again and again...man that freakin beard is really starting to bug me...eeverything else I can deal with...To straighten out that beard would require sculpying/and or even part or all of the old one out...that means pain in the as*...You just cannot paint over this beard to make it look like it should..
I agree. The likeness is there but the beard is just way too wavy. Still can't wait to see the full thing to really really pass judgment

Back