Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Saruman the White

Looking at the Teaser video, I think the Palantir will be included because they showed his hand and it was the gesture he made when holding his hand over it.

Looking at the Teaser video, I think the Palantir will be included because they showed his hand and it was the gesture he made when holding his hand over it.

Those of you thinking that the palantir is included are probably right; my only argument against it is that the palantir and base would make this a MUCH larger PF than has ever been released in the LOTR line, i.e a more expensive PF.

I formerly owned the SSW Saruman piece, and the palantir and base (of the palantir, not the PF) took a sizeable amount of space.

My other counterpoints are that in the production video, Saruman's eyes are open (they are closed when utilizing the palantir) and his right arm is raised holding his staff in a threatening manner. And while it looked like his left hand is making the "palantir gesture", at 14 second mark of the video, the shot becomes clearer and it sort of looks like he is pointing (probably just seeing what my eyes want to see :lol) .

I'm probably wrong, but it looks like the pose may be taken from the duel with Gandalf inside Orthanc.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

Those of you thinking that the palantir is included are probably right; my only argument against it is that the palantir and base would make this a MUCH larger PF than has ever been released in the LOTR line, i.e a more expensive PF.

I formerly owned the SSW Saruman piece, and the palantir and base (of the palantir, not the PF) took a sizeable amount of space.

My other counterpoints are that in the production video, Saruman's eyes are open (they are closed when utilizing the palantir) and his right arm is raised holding his staff in a threatening manner. And while it looked like his left hand is making the "palantir gesture", at 14 second mark of the video, the shot becomes clearer and it sort of looks like he is pointing (probably just seeing what my eyes want to see :lol) .

I'm probably wrong, but it looks like the pose may be taken from the duel with Gandalf inside Orthanc.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

You could be right. If they do the Palantir as an EX piece it could be a separate piece that goes next to it like certain other PF's have.

Or maybe they'll give him a switch-out hand that's holding the Palantir instead? It may not be an exact still from the movie, but it would be a practical solution.

Or maybe they'll give him a switch-out hand that's holding the Palantir instead? It may not be an exact still from the movie, but it would be a practical solution.
Yeah, maybe something like this just with a less manic expression.

iMmPFTjafg44g.jpg

Also this looks great so far, however they have given him Gandalf's beard (wavy) instead of Saruman's beard (straight). Hope they fix that.

Last edited:

iMmPFTjafg44g.jpg

Also this looks great so far, however they have given him Gandalf's beard (wavy) instead of Saruman's beard (straight). Hope they fix that.

That's what I'm thinking. Given the Palantír was such a key element to Sarumans treachery, it would make a perfect ex.

iMmPFTjafg44g.jpg

Maybe two heads?...

Oh no, am I going to have to start picking up a couple of these PFs now? Hopefully I'm able to restrain myself if I do, considering some of the LoTR PF's look really, um, not good.

The only LOTR PFs I've seen that really don't look that great are the Galadriel and Frodo. Some will add GTW to that list, but it looks TONS better in person than in any picture. Even the Galadriel PF looks a bit better in a few videos I've seen of it.

Even with those misses, you still have Lurtz, Berserker, GTG, Aragorn, Sauron, DROM, etc etc that all look incredible.

The only LOTR PFs I've seen that really don't look that great are the Galadriel and Frodo. Some will add GTW to that list, but it looks TONS better in person than in any picture. Even the Galadriel PF looks a bit better in a few videos I've seen of it.

Even with those misses, you still have Lurtz, Berserker, GTG, Aragorn, Sauron, DROM, etc etc that all look incredible.

I had Frodo, was never a fan. Berserker is a masterpiece of my entire collection. Until I get Lurtz and the others.

iMmPFTjafg44g.jpg

So I'm assuming Saruman, that you will be buying your own PF?:wave

Yep,those are the three I am talking about :lol It's a shame, too. Having a White Council setup with Galadriel, Gandalf, and Saruman would look pretty cool.

I'm also not a fan of how Sideshow neglected the main characters but made 2 regular Orc statues. Not that they don't look awesome, but still. I'd prefer a Boromir or Gimli any day.

Yep,those are the three I am talking about :lol It's a shame, too. Having a White Council setup with Galadriel, Gandalf, and Saruman would look pretty cool.

I'm also not a fan of how Sideshow neglected the main characters but made 2 regular Orc statues. Not that they don't look awesome, but still. I'd prefer a Boromir or Gimli any day.

Gimli should be next :lecture

I hope the Palantir is included even on the regular.
It's such an integral part of the character.

Would be a deal breaker for us international folks.

Back