Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gandalf the Grey is on my wishlist as soon as I get some money in but man...compared to Saruman's face paint GTG face looks like a potato.

However I discovered a major flaw on Saruman ...the staff. It's too damn thin, as thin as a finger. Displaying with Gandalf stretches this shortcoming because GTG is perfect in that regard.
Staff size was discussed a long time ago. It is smaller than Gandalf's in the movie, and slightly undersized by SS also. In that picture above it is also an optical illusion. Gandalf's is way out front while the one with Saruman is all the way at the rear of that statue.

Great pic Hemooo. Man all these pics are making it tough for me to pass on this. But I'm still sticking with my decision to not get him. DROM, Sauron, Morgul Lord, Gollum, and Gandalf.....I've got to stick to these and hold firm. ONLY thing I'd possibly get is some Hobbits, but I doubt we'll see any for a very long time if at all.

Sadly, this piece seems to be the swan song for LotR line, I was very close to cancel my PO but glad I didn't. Are you sure you can't squees one wizard, it would be a shame to skip on him specially since you got Gandalf.

some more pics:
04M6F6i.jpg

bJQazsr.jpg

MMcOe64.jpg

htysYcR.jpg

c5m1eIF.jpg

soc2Mes.jpg

in display
Ilw4Ios.jpg

I received today,very well done statue,essential for any fan of the Middle earth

I made this crappy video to show you how works the light,it´s very cool

My LOTR zone

Last edited:
Looking like this piece has turned into a home run! Needs to be pointed to along with other great recent pieces when people say SS can't do anything right anymore.

Someone have a close up of the orb on his staff? I'm not hearing any complaints about it, so I assume all's well?

If anyone wants to commission a pedestal with thr palantir on top for the ex hand, count me in. Get enough people together it could be a relatively cheap job.

Sadly, this piece seems to be the swan song for LotR line, I was very close to cancel my PO but glad I didn't. Are you sure you can't squees one wizard, it would be a shame to skip on him specially since you got Gandalf.

Haha I wish I could, but my other wizard is in my other home back in the states and he just doesn't have a spot to fit here at the moment. Maybe down the road, but not at the moment.

Looking like this piece has turned into a home run! Needs to be pointed to along with other great recent pieces when people say SS can't do anything right anymore.

100% this^

What is the difference between the ex and regular? I pre/orders my Saruman back I december for 2 flexi payments. They never really give you a choice, is it automatically the ex version?

I wish they would take the EX off of waitlist and put it back in-stock so I could use a code on it. But I guess that's the reason they put it on the waitlist in the first place. :monkey1

What is the difference between the ex and regular? I pre/orders my Saruman back I december for 2 flexi payments. They never really give you a choice, is it automatically the ex version?
EX includes this hand in addition to the palantir hand:
https://i.imgur.com/rM2IS5f.jpg?1

If you preordered in December you have the REG because the EX was sold out by December.

I wish they would take the EX off of waitlist and put it back in-stock so I could use a code on it. But I guess that's the reason they put it on the waitlist in the first place. :monkey1
But it's not in stock. The only reason why ppl get their waitlist converted is other ppl cancelling their EX order.

But it's not in stock. The only reason why ppl get their waitlist converted is other ppl cancelling their EX order.
I doubt that. :lol

Sideshow has a habit of putting things on waitlist to prevent people from using discount codes, or to trick people into pre-ordering because they think it'll be gone soon, while there are plenty of them in-stock the whole time.

Like their "Less than 10 remaining!" alerts, which, somehow jump to "Less than 50 remaining!" the next day. :lol

In the past few weeks there have been like a half a dozen people getting on the waitlist and having it convert within a few days, including myself. That's way too convenient.

I doubt that. :lol

Sideshow has a habit of putting things on waitlist to prevent people from using discount codes, or to trick people into pre-ordering because they think it'll be gone soon, while there are plenty of them in-stock the whole time.

Like their "Less than 10 remaining!" alerts, which, somehow jump to "Less than 50 remaining!" the next day. :lol

In the past few weeks there have been like a half a dozen people getting on the waitlist and having it convert within a few days, including myself. That's way too convenient.

It is convenient. It conveniently allows them not to oversell something. And many ppl do cancel when the final notice for full payment comes. Happens all the time.

It is convenient. It conveniently allows them not to oversell something. And many ppl do cancel when the final notice for full payment comes. Happens all the time.
Especially now, after the port strike in LA, lots of things are shipping at the same time and ppl have choices to make.
PLUS
Many australians, canadians und europeans cancelled because of the recent exchange rate which is logical.

Back