Sandtroopers and dewbacks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few shots with my Stormtrooper Lieutenant, and a Sandtrooper I only slightly modified from before. I couldn't find a white SS pauldron, so I fixed an extra black one I had.

IMG_7062.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7059.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7058.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7076.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahh looks great!!! Love the Lieutenant with the black chest armour... works really well. Maybe a black wash over the brown backpack would tie it in really well... and I love your weathering on the sandie.

Ahh looks great!!! Love the Lieutenant with the black chest armour... works really well. Maybe a black wash over the brown backpack would tie it in really well... and I love your weathering on the sandie.

Thanks for the feedback, DS! You're right, the pack looks too crisp and new as it stands.

Maybe just dunked in some dirty paint water will dull it down a wee bit, but it loos great... a set of binocs would look great to.

I love the pic of your sandie next to the hasbro hahah really cool...

Maybe just dunked in some dirty paint water will dull it down a wee bit, but it loos great... a set of binocs would look great to.

I love the pic of your sandie next to the hasbro hahah really cool...

Ha! Thanks. Hoped someone would get a kick out of that. I saw my hasbro buddies neglected over in the corner and figured I'd put two of them together just to see the contrast.

Great job on this. I really like the black armor. The headsculpt with goggles also works really well. Does he have a helmet?

Man, now you got me wanting to do one of tnese for my sandtrooper squad. I may have to "borrow" some of you ideas. :D

Great job on this. I really like the black armor. The headsculpt with goggles also works really well. Does he have a helmet?

Man, now you got me wanting to do one of tnese for my sandtrooper squad. I may have to "borrow" some of you ideas. :D

Thanks, Chakaman! Much appreciated. Please, go ahead and run with it. I'd love to see what you come up with. I got the idea from some SW strategy PC game I had played several years back that had an officer in black directing squads of desert and other type troopers, so it wasn't completely my invention anyway.

I don't have a helmet for him yet. Let me know if you have any ideas you think would work well. I thought he'd look good with just his soft cap on, but both the fabric and plastic versions that came with CDR Praji were just too big. So, goggles it was. Figured he'd need something to protect his eyes out in those dual suns with constant dust storms.

Very cool customs D2! What did you use for the Sandtrooper stands?

Thanks, old buddy! :wave

The stands are just the standard Sideshow ones they include with all their figures. The sand base was included with a couple of the GI Joe and Cobra troops and will also come with the soon to be released Sandtrooper... the one with all the guns that will come out the same time as the Dewback. I got a few when I found them listed at Toy Anxiety. (The sand bases, not the Sandtroopers, but I'll get at least one of those as well.)

Last edited:
I love that Stormtrooper Lieutenant!!! What is the black uniform he wears from?

Thanks, Decky!! Much appreciated.

His shirt comes from Commander Praji. I removed and trimmed his rank to glue on the armor. The armor, belt, canister, and holster come from a Blackhole Trooper. Ammo pouches from a Sandtrooper. Pants from a Cobra sniper. His boots from some WWII German trooper, I can't remember which one or who made him, but there are several out there that would work just as well. His tornister pack is from a German troop as well, same kind used on the Dewbacks.

Has anyone got a clue when this DX sandy is coming out? It was november then december & now no one knows??? sideshow at one point had its release date as december 2012 lol
Its been announced for alot months now but it looks like the newer stuff will be out before the sandy

Here are a few shots with my Stormtrooper Lieutenant, and a Sandtrooper I only slightly modified from before. I couldn't find a white SS pauldron, so I fixed an extra black one I had.

IMG_7062.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7059.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7058.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7076.jpg
[/IMG]

With the arrival of my Dewback and having a squad of Sandies that need some direction, I think I am going to follow Desert 2's lead and do soemthing similia herer\. I may give him an AT-AT commander helmet though, not sure.

Back