Sandtroopers and dewbacks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hey hey!! Those ss stormies look like marnits Chaka love em. As for YOU Mr Desert. jolly fine sandies to. I love the way you have used the SS belt to very cool. I am a big Sandie fan amd I have a couple of marmits and they are my favs and I would happy replace all my SS with marmits I think.

As for the posting big pics. With yours I right had clicked the image opened it in a new tab copied the address and clicked on the insert image and tada. But to be honest the best thing is to get your self a photobucket account. Its totally free, you can pay a monthly fee to have more storage and no adds but I have quite a few pics and I have not gone over the quota.

You can also upload your pics to any server say if you had your own web site.
I am more than happy to help you out if you have any questions, I can send you screen shots step by step what ever just ask my friend.

:)

Love this one

attachment.php

Thanks, guys. Glad you liked the work. I had fun putting them together, and they make great subjects for photographing. They don't move around a whole lot and can maintain the same expression for quite a while.

Dorgmal, thanks for the photo posting tips. I'll give that a go the next time I try to share some. Much appreciated.

I finally got a Sandtrooper I love these guys and finally got the cash to buy one...and I just had to make a custom "look a penny!" hand from the family guy star wars episode lol I love that scene!!
100_3003.jpg

100_3002.jpg

Also I was a little disappointed that the Sandtrooper doesn't come with a holster for his blaster...like where the heck am I supposed to put it on the ground? So I got my hands on a SS Stormtrooper holster and made a pattern from it and and made a custom leather holster that can be slid onto the Sandtrooper's belt. It even has a little magnetic leather strap to hold the gun in place...I can make more of these if anyone else out there would like to have some because I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they had holsters...Just shoot me a PM if you want one or two or three lol!
100_3004.jpg

100_3006.jpg

100_3007.jpg

Thanks Man!! Ya I made the pattern too cuz I am sure more people will want these you know...it sucks the sandies didn't come with them!

All those Sandtroopers are superb! I just ordered a SS Squad Leader to stick under the Christmas tree for myself. Can't wait to get my dirty mits on him. My wife got me the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper too....roll on Christmas Day!!!! :D

All those Sandtroopers are superb! I just ordered a SS Squad Leader to stick under the Christmas tree for myself. Can't wait to get my dirty mits on him. My wife got me the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper too....roll on Christmas Day!!!! :D

This made me laugh and then I realized I just read it wrong... the first thing that came to mind was the Simpsons episode when Homer got Marge a bowling ball that was drilled to fit him and had his name on it. But I see now she got it for you, not the other way around.

Merry Christmas

I apologise in advance , as this question has probably been answered elsewhere , but what is the best way to remove the "weathering" from the Sideshow Sandtrooper armour ? Acetone or cellulose thinners ? ( I've both on standby , but I thought I'd best check first as I don't want to risk any damage to the armour !) :wink1:

Yep be careful with the acetone as it can also dissolve the plastic!! Like Ron says, small amounts and keep changing the cloth as the paint comes of stains the cloth and then you can end up staining the armour.
I have also used T-Cut before... takes ages and does not gwet into the cracks as well but its ok.

Back