Premium Format Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's the difference? besides a few black stripes on the grey areas on the back of the head and below the eyes.

The Stormtrooper PF wants to be a Hero (less teeth, bubble lenses, what you mentioned etc.) and the Sandy is a Stunt. But the issue is not Hero or Stunt, but the overall SSC sculpt which is not the best alas.

Nope. No Star Wars PF news...

as per usual.

What really sucks is I have no interest in the few we are waiting on (Jango and Sandy) so this slow rollout of new stuff is killing me. Can't a guy get a Mace Windu PF?

HT is making a 1/4 Stormtrooper figure. There will be a matter of time until they make a 1/4 Sandtrooper too. And it will be better than SSC's, at least regarding accuracy.

In the 1/4 scale i must have statues. Polystone and some weight. Also I am not too picky on accuracy, unless it is an human face.

its sad whats going on in the 1/4 department..

I will take the HT Vader and thats it for me the next year..

its sad whats going on in the 1/4 department..

I will take the HT Vader and thats it for me the next year..

A dude who had aptitude to create Premium Format statues could make an absolute killing right now!!! :pray:

If such a dude exists on these forums, I'd agree we need a Mace Windu, pronto! :wink1:

I hear yah....if that dude would only have more time besides his full time desk job and a family :(

In the 1/4 scale i must have statues. Polystone and some weight. Also I am not too picky on accuracy, unless it is an human face.

Polystone is just another type of plastic. If one wants weight just get a bag of sand or some rocks and add it there. Personally I want what is best, not because it is made of material X or Y, but because it looks better. And the new HT Stormtrooper looks better than any SSC Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper you can lay eyes on.

Polystone is just another type of plastic. If one wants weight just get a bag of sand or some rocks and add it there. Personally I want what is best, not because it is made of material X or Y, but because it looks better. And the new HT Stormtrooper looks better than any SSC Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper you can lay eyes on.

Yeah yeah it still is plastic, but another type. I agree HT do something better than SS, but i know what material is underneath the fabric. I want sculpted with this size, don`t like joints regardless of me seeing it, but i know what is there. That`s the problem for me. I buy what i like and what i want.
1/6 figurine either from HT, SS or whatever, but 1/4 i need statues in polystone. Ofcourse I don`t settle on something half good, then I wait on something better down the line.
I also wants what is best...for me :wink1:

If they get this right then I'll be super excited. Probably isn't a more iconic trooper out there. New lid sculpt definitely needed along with armour as it is different ..plus backpack and a good base. This will be a no brainer for me if it comes out right 😊

Yeah yeah it still is plastic, but another type. I agree HT do something better than SS, but i know what material is underneath the fabric. I want sculpted with this size, don`t like joints regardless of me seeing it, but i know what is there. That`s the problem for me. I buy what i like and what i want.
1/6 figurine either from HT, SS or whatever, but 1/4 i need statues in polystone. Ofcourse I don`t settle on something half good, then I wait on something better down the line.
I also wants what is best...for me :wink1:

Polystone is often cheap resin tbh :p It can be high quality, but doubt SS stuff is top quality. Similiary PVC has many different grades of quality, and high quality PVC can be a lot more expensive then the best polystone. The only thing I would really stay away from that HT uses is rubber.

Really disappointed we didn't get a peek of this at SDCC, not even a WIP pic. I can't believe we've gone a year since the announcement and nothing to show for it.

Really disappointed we didn't get a peek of this at SDCC, not even a WIP pic. I can't believe we've gone a year since the announcement and nothing to show for it.

I'd get used to these long reveals as SS is doing this with more and more products.

Polystone is often cheap resin tbh :p It can be high quality, but doubt SS stuff is top quality. Similiary PVC has many different grades of quality, and high quality PVC can be a lot more expensive then the best polystone. The only thing I would really stay away from that HT uses is rubber.

Exactly. People say polystone like it's a piece of Christ's cross. LOL

Yeah polystone is for the most part something to make crap to ok resin look and feel high quality, and of course you can mix it with top resin but for the most part it's better to just make it all of resin at that point. Kinda like the fried rice of resin :p Though polystone certainly is great, it is overall easier and cheaper to work with then PVC, not really toxic in production, and certainly makes things look and feel great. If you can get the best quality resin it would indeed be better, but few mass produced things actually do this so polystone essentially "best of the rest".

Last edited:
Slide11.jpg

Back