Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, the pose doesn't bother me at all, it makes it a little different that he's in a "less ready" state.

There are a ton of relaxed "less ready" poses for stromtroopers. As a matter of fact that is their most common state in the movie, with tons of cool poses. None of them are like this. Then again none of them of them have helmets or proportions that are that weird either so I guess might as well toss all caring out the window.

I don't know, maybe im not that picky about this piece or am not enough of a huge star wars buff to be able to pick out all the imperfections of authenricity, but it looks cool to me! I don't know all the exact differences that should be there between a stormtrooper helmet vs. Sandtrooper helmet, or what belt he should have or if his chest armor should have a dimple or not... none of that really bothers me.

To me this represents a what a sandtrooper should look like, i think it looks bad ass! Look forward to getting it in my collection!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't know, maybe im not that picky about this piece or am not enough of a huge star wars buff to be able to pick out all the imperfections of authenricity, but it looks cool to me! I don't know all the exact differences that should be there between a stormtrooper helmet vs. Sandtrooper helmet, or what belt he should have or if his chest armor should have a dimple or not... none of that really bothers me.

To me this represents a what a sandtrooper should look like, i think it looks bad ass! Look forward to getting it in my collection!

I agree. This piece looks great and is about as accurate as I care for it to be. I am a little disappointed with the lack of head articulation, but still, this is going to look great in the collection.

There's always going to be a few hard core collectors that will be perpetually miserable because some minor detail was missed or is not 101% screen accurate.

It's not authenticity for me, I actually prefer idealized. I just think it looks bad.

Normally, I would totally agree with you, but in this case, IMO this sculpt is just too far off the mark. If folks like it, great. As for me, I am a little disappointed in the direction they went. I'll get over it, but I am not buying it.

I get it, some dig this piece ,some others wouldn't touch it. Thats all cool. Thats what these forums are about! He's still got a spot waiting by my bobba fett pf!

I was trying to hold off till it was coupon/discount eligible but with only 750 edition size for the exclusive I panicked and ordered. Already have the Snowtrooper, Regular Trooper and Biker Scout on the bike so might as well round out the group I guess.

compared to Kylo price this makes it as a bargain lol

This may be my last order for starwars pf.. Then im off hunting the old ones at a fair price. Passed on kylo pf, waiting for hottoys version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered it. Figured it will look good with my C-3PO and R2-D2.

Sandtrooper-StarWars-SDCC2016-02.jpg

The dirt effect looked better in the proto pics on their site. Looks like he ran into Mr. Hankey in this one.

The reason I've stopped buying PFs and sold the rest I had. SS just cannot seem to get these right..something I do not understand when Hot Toys can do it with 1/6? Look at the snowtrooper for example.
The bucket on this looks like it was sculpted using a FX lid as reference and what's with the shapeless straight legs? Saw this in person at Celebration and glad I'm going to save money from now on.

Yeah I don't understand why they don't resculpt the helmet, it looks so bad :( The one on the 1/2 looks better ;p Looks straight out of rebels :p

Ok so since I still find this PF to look acceptable I wanted to ask for specific reasons or more like an explanation why the helmet is such an issue. I will say everything I think and then someone please explain what I don't see.

1) yes overall he looks a bit lanky straight on
2) the vent looking area under the eyes does seem to be wide enough compared to some I have seen but some are the same not reaching to the edge.
3) the piece under the eyes appears slightly diff than the HT 1/6 ST but I'm not sure if it's the angle of the pic.
4) maybe the helmet is to long/tall

I've read there are other issues but in my side by sides with others it's tough to really say it is horrible especially considering the low price compared to the newer stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

Overall I think it is not as bad as some say although I know there are a lot of collectors that know way more and see it being defective right away where I would be happy and not notice as much.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't think the helmet looks bad, then get it I guess. There are a lot of inaccuracies if you are worried about that, I am not. However the frown and especially that jaw looks horrible to me.

After looking on starwarshelmets.com I guess it just looks like the ANH Hero helmet and not the stunt helmet the ST wore. I suppose it could of happened by chance one close up of s ST would be wearing this helmet.

The frown on the ANH Hero helmet is narrow like this ST PF to my comparison. So the helmet isn't just made up it is an actual helmet from the movie maybe just the wrong one but I guess that's why id isn't react as if it was from another film.

Back