Sandtrooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be the only person...I didn't like this dio one bit when seeing it in person. The sandtroopers look like cheap little hasbro diecast figures. It's just bland, maybe becuse they're so small...I dunno, maybe they should have added a dewback.

I may be the only person...I didn't like this dio one bit when seeing it in person. The sandtroopers look like cheap little hasbro diecast figures. It's just bland, maybe becuse they're so small...I dunno, maybe they should have added a dewback.

I find it odd that the product page description mentions a seven-man squad, but we only get five in the diorama. I agree about the Dewback as well. Disappointing that we didn't get it.

Can you elaborate any more on the "cheap little Hasbro diecast" comment? What specifically looks cheap? How are the paint applications? Approximately how long are they?

So, will retailers sell this as well? Or, is it a Sideshow exclusive?

It's a Sideshow domestic exclusive -- so noone in the US can carry it but Sideshow.

It'll probably be offered at a premium with international dealers.

After winning the "Space Slug" diorama at SDCC, I had to continue the line by ordering this one as well. I think it's pretty much a steal at this price.

I went ahead and ordered this piece at SDCC also. I also purchased the Space Slug dio while I was there. (Not as lucky as you Tom! Congrats on the win)

When I first saw this piece I was surprised how small it was, of course at that point I had not seen a price point yet. But after looking at it some more I really started to appreciate it. While the inclusion of a beast of burden would have been nice I think it would have been price prohibitive at the price point SS is trying to stay at. (just my .2) I asked one of the lovely SS ladies working the booth if they were planning on staying within any scale and she said that they have 2 so far, the larger Vs. dio and the smaller Dio which depict a key scene from whatever film is the subject matter. I also want to point out that although the pics on the order page don't show R2's tracks, they WERE present in the proto that was shown at the show.

After winning the "Space Slug" diorama at SDCC, I had to continue the line by ordering this one as well. I think it's pretty much a steal at this price.

I agree. I was very happy with the "This Is No cave" environment and if this Sandtrooper Diorama is anywhere near that quality then it'll be a great addition to my SW collection...

I'd love another ESB diorama--- the freezing chamber in Cloud City (with light-up stairs) just as Han is about to be put into carbon freeze... Now that'd be a coll display with all of the main characters (LANDO---------- YEA!) and ugnauts as well.

Ordered one too... At first i was like hell no, but i started to like it more and more for everytime i saw it and finally caved in. It's only $70 bucks:D

Why don't they make something that doesn't have such a plain base? The last environment statue was also just a plain field.

That's not the only thing wrong with the statue, but it's the biggest. The other problem is the sandtrooper sculpts. They're just... off.

That's not the only thing wrong with the statue, but it's the biggest. The other problem is the sandtrooper sculpts. They're just... off.

They're off? Looks pretty damn good really.

IMG_2230.jpg

Why don't they make something that doesn't have such a plain base? The last environment statue was also just a plain field.

A plain field? Do you own one of the "This Is No Cave" environments? I'll have to disagree with you here as this environment is like they reached into the movie and took a little piece out and handed it to the collector.

I only hope that this diorama (the sandtroopers) is as spectacular as the last one...

Back