Sandtrooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Got my notice last night. I should have it on Monday. Pics (alongside the slug) will follow.

I look forward to some good pictures! Any photos I take in my office always stink. The natural light in my backyward is OK, but the office lighting produces terrible shots.

dioshp7.jpg

dioramasiz1.jpg

Now that we have all been forwarned that Robo is going to be posting pics, I won't even travail in vain when mine arrives tomorrow.

:lol

*but I am excited to get this. :D

Mine arrived today, it is honestly all things considered rather underwhelming. I was thrilled with it at SDCC, but you know the "Con" atmosphere. It simply doesn't have the presence I want on my shelves; though I might just hold out for more of the same scale and make a nice larger diorama display.

:eek:

They look cool, but it is really hard for me to get into this line. The craftsmanship is fantastic as is the presentation, but it just doesn't seem to pop enough for me.

Got mine today but since it is a Christmas present I have to wait till Christmas to open it up. I like what I see from pictures so far. Are the sandtroopers about the size of the hasbro figures or smaller?

Got mine today but since it is a Christmas present I have to wait till Christmas to open it up. I like what I see from pictures so far. Are the sandtroopers about the size of the hasbro figures or smaller?

They're about a third... or roughly the size of your thumb.

dsc04847wu6.jpg

Got mine yesterday and took a ton of imagery for The Green Dragon...overall, a cool piece that recreates one of the cooler scenes from ANH. But...and this is a pretty big but, the size is too small. You could recreate this scene with Hasbro action figures and some REAL dirt and it would be twice as big and cost half the price.

I have to say...I like the scene it recreates, the sandtroopers look good, but the overall piece is a bit on the disappointing side as far as size and scale.

The plus side to this...perhaps they will create more scenes using this scale...like perhaps a Milennium Falcon in the docking bay (94 or even in the Death Star).

I will post a couple images when I get them processed!

Geb

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to post any photos of mine. I'm so mad (at myself AND Sideshow) right now that words almost fail me. I received mine, put it on a table to set up the troopers, and then (foolishly) picked it up to move it. The pegs that hold the troopers in place are so short and flimsy that one of the troopers fell over... and off... and onto the hard floor... landing on his blaster... snapping the blaster and his arm into three pieces.

While I realize that Sideshow technically fulfilled their obligation, since the piece was intact when it was delivered, the pathetically bad design of the pegs makes them mostly useless, and that is the real reason that I now have a $75 doorstop. Thanks, Sideshow.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to post any photos of mine. I'm so mad (at myself AND Sideshow) right now that words almost fail me. I received mine, put it on a table to set up the troopers, and then (foolishly) picked it up to move it. The pegs that hold the troopers in place are so short and flimsy that one of the troopers fell over... and off... and onto the hard floor... landing on his blaster... snapping the blaster and his arm into three pieces.

While I realize that Sideshow technically fulfilled their obligation, since the piece was intact when it was delivered, the pathetically bad design of the pegs makes them mostly useless, and that is the real reason that I now have a $75 doorstop. Thanks, Sideshow.

I would e-mail them about this and ask for a replacement trooper. Since the troopers are removable they may be able to send you another one. Technically you could even say it is there fault because of the short pegs. It cant hurt to ask and I would bet that as long as you sound nice about it they will replace the figure for you. There customer service department seems really good.

Back