SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact there should be more changes from Stormtrooper to Sandtrooper: different paint of helmet (the grey squares), no buttons on belly armor, backpack, knee plate, pauldron, weathering etc.

Differences between Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers

:stormtroo

Intesting. I'm glad I couldn't care less about any of those differences.. none are important enough to get worked up about if they are not changed.

IMO the attention to subtle differences are what separates a "toy" like those produced by Hasbro from "scale model figures" from companies like Hot Toys and Medicom. I really hope SS doesn't take the easy road on this one since I have waited so long for this figure to be made.

The figure has a different belly plate.

Yep, Sideshow did pay attention! :D
SandtrooperPREVIEWnewsletter1-1-09.jpg

belly_01.jpg

belly_02.jpg

That's the correct belly plate on the figure.
Edit:
The figure also doesn't have the hip boxes!
belt_box_01.jpg

belt_box_02.jpg

It looks like they got it right. :)

Last edited:
I was already thinking of that! If Sideshow DOESN'T offer the "sand" base, I'll definitely use the Maul base to display him...

In fact there should be more changes from Stormtrooper to Sandtrooper: different paint of helmet (the grey squares), no buttons on belly armor, backpack, knee plate, pauldron, weathering etc.

Differences between Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers

:stormtroo
We obviously can't accurately compare the two yet, but I just compared all of the little details of the regular trooper with SS's 360 and it is all there. Very impressive attention to detail. I'm sure they will give the same attention to the little details of the sandtrooper.

It wouldn't be hard to make a sand base if you want. Sand + glue + base = sand base. :)

thats exactly what i did.............its pretty easy and i think it adds a bit to displaying them.....
attachment.php

It looks like the black spaces under the eyes are smooth too. I assume the ones on the back of the helmet are as well. If they did the knee plate right, then that about covers it.

Don't forget about the ribbed straps on the shoulders of the chest armor. Sandtroopers didn't have this feature.

All of these differences aside, people can always rationale that the lack of these variations are Ok since the CG and extra footage of Sandtroopers that was added to ANH were basically Stormtroopers w/pauldrons.

People can always fall back on rationalizations, but I think that by now Sideshow is aware that even though they have enough new generation fans to warrant a stormtrooper with blue stripes, the fans of the original trilogy expect original representations of those characters.

I was already thinking of that! If Sideshow DOESN'T offer the "sand" base, I'll definitely use the Maul base to display him...

Hey exactly what I am thinking. My local retailer is offering the Sith Prode Droids at a clearance sale. I got a couple for the extra display bases.:D

Edit: I have always wish that Sideshow would offer dispaly base of difference flooring/ground, much like the way HT did for their predator figures.

Last edited:
Great choice for the first sandtrooper, the one which marmit did'nt have a chance to release.

Really looking forward to seeing what the rifle will be like. Wonder how the weathering will turn out?

Back