Salacious Crumb Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bib is already in my office, so it's nice to see the critters in scale with him in that picture!

crumb12zt9.jpg

I always thought that Wortt was the same size as Bubo for some reason. Didn't realize it was so small.

Really nice pics, Tom. Any chance you could take a photo of Salacious Crumb next to the GG version?

Wor-Gar said:
The flash really changes the look and colors.

It sure does! Frustrating...

I think that's most of the shots that weren't blurry.

I think this is definitely worth the money--it's going to be a lot of fun placing these guys around Jabba and his throne. They really did a nice job onthe packaging--it perfectly matches the rest of the line, even without the double tray. I was somehow under the impression that Crumb was sculpted to the pillow, and I'm very glad to see that isn't the case. It would have been nice to have the magnet painted, but I guess you aren't really going to see it so maybe that's not a big deal. Crumb's arm movements are pretty limiteddue to the angle of the elbows and knees, but I'm just going to have him sitting there on his pillow anyway so I wasn't expecting or hoping for much in the way of articulation. I love the expression on the worrt--he has a lot of character and will look cool just sitting there. His left paw/claw is raised just a bit, which makes him look like he is about to creep forward and is a nice little touch. The exclusive varactyl is cute but most could understandably live without it. As far as I'm concerned, every little critter than can fit into the scene is welcome--the more the merrier. While everything is overwhelmingly brown in this set, there is actually some definition and variety to the paint application. It all holds up fine to close inspection, as far as I'm concerned. If I could have done one thing differently, I would have given Crumb's tail the same flexibility that the other critter's tongue has. It would have given him just that little bit of extra posing possibility. In the end, I think this may be the least expensive item I have ever purchased from Sideshow, but the quality doesn't suffer one bit. For the price, I think it's a bargain considering how much character this is going to add to the Jabba display. Now I can't wait to add Bubo to the crowd.

Batty said:
Really nice pics, Tom. Any chance you could take a photo of Salacious Crumb next to the GG version?

I was just thinking of that, but the GG Crumb is at work, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Nice review...to go along with the onslaught of pictures.

What's up with that, Tom? You've never gone picture mad before.

Anyway, great detailed shots. No real need for any others... just the doily. The kitchen "portraits" don't really work for this group.

Wor-Gar said:
Anyway, great detailed shots. No real need for any others... just the doily. The kitchen "portraits" don't really work for this group.
Maybe you could put them all in a pan on your stove. :monkey1

Wor-Gar said:
Nice review...to go along with the onslaught of pictures.

What's up with that, Tom? You've never gone picture mad before.

I didn't realize I was taking that many! :lol

I guess there were a bunch because of the multiple pieces in the set. I also wanted a few more than usual of the packaging because there had been some questions as to how this one would be different from the others.

I always felt this set was overpriced, but those are some pretty detailed paint apps. for such small items, so I guess they're worth it.

Back