Sabretooth PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody's Sabretooth has this problem where the left foot does not sit flush with the base or is it meant to be that way?

sabretooth.jpg

My Thor PF was like that. His toe would not touch the base but low and behold it was just fine the next time I looked at it (about a week later). I'm guessing yours will do the same. The hole is probably a little to small. It may settle in from it's own weight.

that doesnt mean jack to me. I got the Wolvie pf, but I thought the SW Talon pf looked so much better, so i dumped him for her, look at the prices she has gone for on ebay and she is no where near as popular as even Sabertooth, but I can say if Sabes had no cloth, i would have defn gotten him, and theres a good chance i would have kept Wolvie. I defn was not a fan of the iron on decals, and so im hoping the Brown version wont have anything like that, which made dumping the yellow/blue easier for me. The only Marvel pf I have ever been truly satisfied with is the Classic Spidey pf, hence the only Marvel pf in the collection at the moment.

Well good for you.

angry-christian-bale-screams-shouts.jpg

Let me ask you this, if you have a problem with folks continuing to beat a dead horse regarding the fabric. Should we also have a problem with the folks who relentless praise this piece and tell others the fabric is not an issue? Should we have a problem with people posting on multiple occasions how great this statue is? Should we have a problem with folks who post multiple posts complaining that others are still complaining about the fabric??? I'm not big into double standards, so if you don't want to folks to post multiple times regarding what they don't like about a piece, then let's tell everyone who likes this piece or doesn't want to hear any more complaints regarding the fabric that they are not allowed to beat a dead horse either.

If you don't see the value of in hand pics over reveal pics...then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, there have been pieces that did not impress me based on the reveal pics. But a few in hand shots made all the difference in the world. So I'm sorry if I cannot make 100% of my purchasing decisions based on the reveal pics. Some of us need, and like, to see the reveal pics before making a final decision to post. I would be willing to bet I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Lastly if you don't give a @hit about what others think about this statue then why the hell did you comment in the first place? If you don't care about what others think about this piece, then don't worry about if they complain about the fabric or not. People are free to comment about what they want, if you don't like it then don't read the posts or don't visit certain threads.

So you get tired of reading the same folks pissing and moaning about stuff? I get tired of people pissing and moaning about how many times people should post about a certain topic. If you don't like the comments regarding the fabric then go read another thread. If I feel that a thread is no contains productive commentary regarding a piece, I simply go elsewhere. It's easier than trying to tell everyone what to post or how many times they should post certain comments.

This thread is starting to venture into that "non-productive" area....I apologize to everyone for hi-jacking the thread.

You are right. Happy pissing and moaning everybody. I am sure SS is reading every comment and are in the process of making the best Sabretooth statue ever just for you all!!!! I will come back then and read about the complaints about that one. I think I might start a new thread about the face of the Emma Frost PF. I am sure there are more ways to complain about that one.

You are right. Happy pissing and moaning everybody. I am sure SS is reading every comment and are in the process of making the best Sabretooth statue ever just for you all!!!! I will come back then and read about the complaints about that one. I think I might start a new thread about the face of the Emma Frost PF. I am sure there are more ways to complain about that one.

Thanks for taking the time to piss and moan about everyone else pissing and moaning. Nothing like leading by example I guess...

:wave :wave :wave

Ok, that's it I swear I won't make another comment about this topic in this thread.

I think the point of the whole debate is, EVERYONE (or at least 95% of us) would be fully satisfied with 1/4 scale Comiquettes. If these exact same pieces had been fully sculpted, you probably wouldn't hear anyone saying, "Damnit, I wish these had pajamas on". We would all be floored, and SS wouldn't be begging us to buy these pieces. As it is, there is a large percentage of potential buyers who DO have a problem with the cloth, and that made dumping this piece in favor of other pieces that much easier. I dumped my Wolvie and ST Excl orders, and I'm getting the same email regarding ST that everyone else is getting.

All you have to do is take a long hard look at the 'tooth on the Wolvie vs. ST dio, and then look at this, and imagine what could have been.

Good points.

So sideshow should adjust their edition size to match the collector base. Kind of like Bowen has done with his Faux Bronze.

This should have been 300 EX and 700 regs.

With 650 EX for Sabretooth, that's more EX's than SHe Hulk (550), War Machine (400), Hulk (500), Spiderman (650)

There's just to much product for the character.

As for the cloth, it is integrated so well you can't even tell it's cloth.

This is probably the only PF that actually doesn't even look like he has cloth on. That's whats so funny about the cloth discussion.

Anybody's Sabretooth has this problem where the left foot does not sit flush with the base or is it meant to be that way?

sabretooth.jpg

Give it some time and it will most likely settle. You could try to warm that part of the statue up with a heater to speed up the process. Polystone is pretty flexible believe it or not!

I think the point of the whole debate is, EVERYONE (or at least 95% of us) would be fully satisfied with 1/4 scale Comiquettes. If these exact same pieces had been fully sculpted, you probably wouldn't hear anyone saying, "Damnit, I wish these had pajamas on". We would all be floored, and SS wouldn't be begging us to buy these pieces. As it is, there is a large percentage of potential buyers who DO have a problem with the cloth, and that made dumping this piece in favor of other pieces that much easier. I dumped my Wolvie and ST Excl orders, and I'm getting the same email regarding ST that everyone else is getting.

All you have to do is take a long hard look at the 'tooth on the Wolvie vs. ST dio, and then look at this, and imagine what could have been.

You ROCK!:clap:goodpost:

Let me ask you this, if you have a problem with folks continuing to beat a dead horse regarding the fabric. Should we also have a problem with the folks who relentless praise this piece and tell others the fabric is not an issue? Should we have a problem with people posting on multiple occasions how great this statue is? Should we have a problem with folks who post multiple posts complaining that others are still complaining about the fabric??? I'm not big into double standards, so if you don't want to folks to post multiple times regarding what they don't like about a piece, then let's tell everyone who likes this piece or doesn't want to hear any more complaints regarding the fabric that they are not allowed to beat a dead horse either.

If you don't see the value of in hand pics over reveal pics...then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, there have been pieces that did not impress me based on the reveal pics. But a few in hand shots made all the difference in the world. So I'm sorry if I cannot make 100% of my purchasing decisions based on the reveal pics. Some of us need, and like, to see the reveal pics before making a final decision to post. I would be willing to bet I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Lastly if you don't give a @hit about what others think about this statue then why the hell did you comment in the first place? If you don't care about what others think about this piece, then don't worry about if they complain about the fabric or not. People are free to comment about what they want, if you don't like it then don't read the posts or don't visit certain threads.

So you get tired of reading the same folks pissing and moaning about stuff? I get tired of people pissing and moaning about how many times people should post about a certain topic. If you don't like the comments regarding the fabric then go read another thread. If I feel that a thread is no contains productive commentary regarding a piece, I simply go elsewhere. It's easier than trying to tell everyone what to post or how many times they should post certain comments.

This thread is starting to venture into that "non-productive" area....I apologize to everyone for hi-jacking the thread.

YOU ROCK too!:goodpost::exactly::hi5:

:goodpost::exactly::clap:hi5:

yeah they're offering me the EX. also even though i've already gotten one. i wonder if i replied that i'd take one, if they'd say "oh sorry we see you've already received an EX. version and only one is allowed per household":gah:

I cancelled my EX a few months ago as well and decided to put my name back on the waiting list afterwards... & it recently converted. I went for the flexpay 3 payment method... I just recently got my 2nd e-mail from "Lottie" saying "this would be a great companion pc to go along with the Wolverine EX you just got & that a few more are avail 1st come 1st serve at a flex pay of 4 payments".
I asked her via e-mail to cancel my original 3 payment plan in excahnge for the 4 payments that was offered to me 'cuz it would better fit my budget. Got the follow up email the next day saying that it was a clerical error.
WHAT A BUNCH OF B.S.!! Lottie you are a liar:nana:

I just received my PF yesterday. Did anyone receive the Sideshow Catalog? I received the catalog vol.9 for free. It was placed on the top of the styrofoam. :yess:

I just received my PF yesterday. Did anyone receive the Sideshow Catalog? I received the catalog vol.9 for free. It was placed on the top of the styrofoam. :yess:

Catalog #9? They must be clearing out old stock, they're on Catalog #11 now.

Back