Sabretooth PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly...if you make both 1:4 scale then collectors are more likely to pick and choose the better representation of the two = less profit.

This works the other way too. As a 1/4 collector I would but both the comiquette and PF version of the same character if both were 1/4 scale. But I pass on a lot of statues when they are 1/5th scale.

This works the other way too. As a 1/4 collector I would but both the comiquette and PF version of the same character if both were 1/4 scale. But I pass on a lot of statues when they are 1/5th scale.

Then there is the third scenario which I'm a part of. I won't buy any 1/5 statue of any character because the don't fit in with my 1/4. Which is a shame because there are plenty of 1/5 characters that I would love to have standing beside my PF's.

I just don't get how a person could say that the cloth makes comic-based PFs more 'realistic'. The idea of taking a cartoon and trying to make it look real obviously doesn't translate well. The muscles and definition just can't be replicated with cloth and that's my issue with most PFs.

I want a statue to look like a 3-D replica of what I see on the pages of a comic. The diorama of these two does that extremely well, so sadly that will stay as my representation of these for now. :(

I got into PF's because I like the realistic or "real world" look of the characters but I see where you are coming from. There are obviously two different types of collectors here. I have to be honest by saying I didn't understand your gripe. It is a PF after all and mixed media is pretty much the point.

I just don't get how a person could say that the cloth makes comic-based PFs more 'realistic'. The idea of taking a cartoon and trying to make it look real obviously doesn't translate well. The muscles and definition just can't be replicated with cloth and that's my issue with most PFs.

I want a statue to look like a 3-D replica of what I see on the pages of a comic. The diorama of these two does that extremely well, so sadly that will stay as my representation of these for now. :(

hey jbinny. I guess if you're looking for a comic book representation, then PFs are prob not the best way to go.

but if you're looking at a real world interpretation of the character than pfs would prob appeal to you.

depends on what you're after I guess.

I collect mostly PF's, but own a number of sculpted pieces as well. When my wife describes my collection she calls the PF's dolls because they have cloth and the sculpted pieces statues. She is always saying I collect man-barbies.

I collect mostly PF's, but own a number of sculpted pieces as well. When my wife describes my collection she calls the PF's dolls because they have cloth and the sculpted pieces statues. She is always saying I collect man-barbies.

Always correct her and say action figures and statues. :exactly:

yea ok, i have 2 1/6 figs with the newer Preds comin, i guess i could live with that term when used specifically towards them.

Yes!!!!! Thanks for the photos!!!
It looks magnificent :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock
Really love his sinister grin.

Thanks, it's always a pleasure!

Brilliant shots!

Good looking...:)

This is the first PF I have purchased where I have a hard time deciding which head sculpt looks better displayed...they are both kick ass! :yess:

Yeah for the first time I really like both portraits of the C.O.H., but when it's all said and done I'm going with the primal rage portrait.

I just got my Sabertooth in and he is amazing. The cloth fits a little loose so that you cannot see his muscles as well as I would have liked, but he looks perfect next to the Wolverine comiquette (even though the bases don't match).

I just have a question, the base is very light compared to other bases. Is Sabertooths base hollow or made of the plastic stuff that Boba Fett is made of?

:hi5: Thanks for the pics. This statue looks fantastic!! I did not think I would like the regular head with long sideburns, but it looks great.

To anyone who thinks this statue is not fantastic :nana::pfft::thwak:moon:moon:moon:survivor

That is very nice.................. Wow.
Sideshow is on such a tremendous roll...

That Sabertooth is outstanding.
In this case, the Ex definitely rules.

Attachments

• Ray Manzarek.jpg
    Ray Manzarek.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
I just got my Sabertooth in and he is amazing. The cloth fits a little loose so that you cannot see his muscles as well as I would have liked, but he looks perfect next to the Wolverine comiquette (even though the bases don't match).

I just have a question, the base is very light compared to other bases. Is Sabertooths base hollow or made of the plastic stuff that Boba Fett is made of?

When I first started to thumping the base I immediately started to think of the hollow Sab's LSB, and the flaking paint job that followed...:slap I can deal with the hollowness, but please don't let it start to flake...:gah:

Back