Sabretooth PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Binny,

First off :cuckoo: Sabretooth is gonna be awesome. With all of your negative comments I am starting to think you are actually Buzzybean using a different screen name. You must like it because you keep posting about it.

Secondly, Nebraska is going to get their A$$ kicked coming into the Big Ten. OSU is going to own you every year. Enjoy your last cake schedule in 2010 because their are not nearly as many gimmies as you have in the Big 12. That felt good, I like talking a little junk with college football right around the corner.:)

No doubt the sculpt is great, but that's all IMO.

Notice the definition that is nowhere to be found on the PF.
sabretooth.jpg

Defense wins games... always has, always will. Bo knows defense and Bo knows Big 10 country. I'm not worried at all about schedule strength. Washington, Texass, Mizzery, A&M, and a likely championship game against OU aren't exactly 'cake' games.

Nebraska will more than hold their own in the Big 10. Not saying they'll dominate right away, but they'll be just fine.

sabretooth.jpg

Defense wins games... always has, always will. Bo knows defense and Bo knows Big 10 country. I'm not worried at all about schedule strength. Washington, Texass, Mizzery, A&M, and a likely championship game against OU aren't exactly 'cake' games.

Nebraska will more than hold their own in the Big 10. Not saying they'll dominate right away, but they'll be just fine.

Yeah you are right about not seeing the definition. I guess as a collector I look at PF's for what the character would look like in real life. I have to admit a 1/4 comiquette Sabes would look really good, but I think the PF looks great as well.

I have been watching the big ten since I was a kid and trust me, Nebraska will more than hold their own. I was just kidding about the big ten being strong. I will be shocked if Nebraska does not come in next year and finish either first or second in the league. As you said defense wins championships.

sabretooth.jpg
40317433621182824171015.jpg

The face sculpt is not bad, but the wonderful body sculpt and definition is really lost under the cloth. Maybe it's just a preference of taste but to me, this would have been really awesome if it was done more like the Gambit PF or Black Panther PF. I wonder if this will be the last we see of the cloth covered muscles in male PFs.

I agree that without seeing this in person this PF is too pajamafied. Probably due to the look of the full body suit including footsy socks.
Sideshow maybe should have opted for just the "fur" material around the neck and sculpted body or just gone with full sculpted. I doubt there would have been too many complaints about that. Still with the right lighting I find the fabric covering the muscle looks good.
I think this is my most anticipated PF for a while, but if I was going to rip the fabric off a marvel piece this would probably be it.

plan on making my pf to a comiquette for sure. this will look as good as the spidey pf that jbinny had c'fly mod into a comiquette.

The face sculpt is not bad, but the wonderful body sculpt and definition is really lost under the cloth. Maybe it's just a preference of taste but to me, this would have been really awesome if it was done more like the Gambit PF or Black Panther PF. I wonder if this will be the last we see of the cloth covered muscles in male PFs.

highly doubtful since they still sell quite well depending on the choice of character.

highly doubtful since they still sell quite well depending on the choice of character.

Not as well as they should have. PF Wolverine Ex (cloth costume) ES is 700, while Gambit Ex (sculpted costume with coat) ES is 750. Seems like Wolvie should have been the more popular one by far. I think many people just got him cos he's Wolvie too.

Yeah I had my doubts about the Wolverine PF from the early pics but really like how it turned out in hand so I am expecting Sabretooth to look good aswell.
The new Cyclops and Gambit PFs have a fully sculpted body with fabric coats so I guess SS will look at the feedback from Wolverine/Sabretooth and Cyclops/Gambit and go from there about the full costume look. It is surprising there is more Gambits than Wolverines though....

PFs need to be stopped! ruining beautiful sculptures by adding cheap ass chinese factory cloth and tailoring.

i dunno about you guys but having come over from collecting 1/6, PFs seemed to be the natural choice.

The clothes may hide the muscle definition some but it looks more realistic.

While i like fully sculpted pieces as well, PFs offer a variety to just sculpt and paint.

What i really hope SS would do is STICK to 1:4 scale whether PF or comiquettes :lecture

sabretooth.jpg

Have to agree with that. I would've loved to see his suit fully sculpted like black panther and perhaps have his fur collar/mane in a mixed media format. Still think I'll love Sabretooth though. Wolverine had little muscle definition and I didn't mind when I saw it in person.

i dunno about you guys but having come over from collecting 1/6, PFs seemed to be the natural choice.

While i like fully sculpted pieces as well, PFs offer a variety to just sculpt and paint.

What i really hope SS would do is STICK to 1:4 scale whether PF or comiquettes :lecture

:exactly::goodpost::1-1:

Word to ur mothaaaaaaaaaa :lecture

Don't see Sideshow making comiquettes and PF all 1:4 scale at all. Why standardize it when they can sell the same character twice in 1:5 and 1:4?

Don't see Sideshow making comiquettes and PF all 1:4 scale at all. Why standardize it when they can sell the same character twice in 1:5 and 1:4?

I know, lets make more money!!!!! :devil

*cough* we need more IM and every variant please!!!!!! In 1/4, 1/2 and everything else under the son.

I just don't get how a person could say that the cloth makes comic-based PFs more 'realistic'. The idea of taking a cartoon and trying to make it look real obviously doesn't translate well. The muscles and definition just can't be replicated with cloth and that's my issue with most PFs.

I want a statue to look like a 3-D replica of what I see on the pages of a comic. The diorama of these two does that extremely well, so sadly that will stay as my representation of these for now. :(

I just don't get how a person could say that the cloth makes comic-based PFs more 'realistic'. The idea of taking a cartoon and trying to make it look real obviously doesn't translate well. The muscles and definition just can't be replicated with cloth and that's my issue with most PFs.

I want a statue to look like a 3-D replica of what I see on the pages of a comic. The diorama of these two does that extremely well, so sadly that will stay as my representation of these for now. :(

It's a 1/6 thing, I understand this. :hi5:

Doesn't bother me a bit as long as the top characters get representation in both lines.

Back