Sabertooth Classic Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt you'll be getting him later for less, but I can't say I don't disagree with the price for a repaint. I internally wanted him, to go with wolverine, but after thinking about it I don't think I want to spend 500$+

Doubt you'll be getting him later for less, but I can't say I don't disagree with the price for a repaint. I internally wanted him, to go with wolverine, but after thinking about it I don't think I want to spend 500$+

Honestly most of the prices now are a bit high for my liking but luckily I've been buying direct from Sideshow long enough to have a nice cushion of points. So I just trim some off and make it the price I think it should be, like Sabertooth here cost me $380.

And you're right, he won't get him for less, but he enjoys saying it every chance he gets.

Honestly most of the prices now are a bit high for my liking but luckily I've been buying direct from Sideshow long enough to have a nice cushion of points. So I just trim some off and make it the price I think it should be, like Sabertooth here cost me $380.

And you're right, he won't get him for less, but he enjoys saying it every chance he gets.

380$ is a great price to pay for him, so that's a no brainer.

I'm trying to resist ordering this guy, but I don't think Wolverine will be the same without him. I don't think I can hold back any longer. :panic:

the prices have reached a point where very few will re-sell for more than mrsp (quite the opposite actually). Buy it if you love it and are ok with the fact that you may lose money if you have to re-sell down the road.

the prices have reached a point where very few will re-sell for more than mrsp (quite the opposite actually). Buy it if you love it and are ok with the fact that you may lose money if you have to re-sell down the road.

Exactly why im moving on to XM.. you pay a but more but at least they increase in value and at the very minimum retain their value.. sideshow charges too much now for sub par products.. if they charged $400 i would continue buying from them but not at $500 where they seem to be going with all the new PFs... i do have sabretooth on order tho but probbaly gonna be my last order from sideshow for a while (other then the CoTD PFs)

Exactly why im moving on to XM.. you pay a but more but at least they increase in value and at the very minimum retain their value.. sideshow charges too much now for sub par products.. if they charged $400 i would continue buying from them but not at $500 where they seem to be going with all the new PFs... i do have sabretooth on order tho but probbaly gonna be my last order from sideshow for a while (other then the CoTD PFs)

These prices are getting insane. Especially when comparing to pieces that came out last year. I plan to get Wolvie and Sabretooth because I love the designs but dont imagine getting many more beyond them.

I think SS quality control has gotten better in the past 12 months. sure, there is the occasional bad apple, but overall most have little to complain about.

The huge editions sizes have to come down. I am surprised the exclusive reached 750 given it is almost a carbon copy of the pf. Even more bizarre when you consider the recent arkham batman has the same edition size.

I get there are numerous factors in determining edition sizes and SS wants to maximize profits. But as a long term strategy, it may come back to bite SS in the butt.

I think SS quality control has gotten better in the past 12 months. sure, there is the occasional bad apple, but overall most have little to complain about.

The huge editions sizes have to come down. I am surprised the exclusive reached 750 given it is almost a carbon copy of the pf. Even more bizarre when you consider the recent arkham batman has the same edition size.

I get there are numerous factors in determining edition sizes and SS wants to maximize profits. But as a long term strategy, it may come back to bite SS in the butt.

The way i see it is sideshow is all about money money money... thus why the ES are massive and variants are becoming commonplace. And the prices skyrocket every year.... im getting out just as fast as i got in with them.. i dont see them as quality collectibles anymore.. thus why they cant even get real signatures on their art prints. They dont wanna spend any extra money even though it will increase the value on them tremendously and also make us buyers alot happier.

The ES on their statues are crazy.. 5000 for vader mythos.. 2500 for spiderman ex plus probably 3000 for regular.. and then another 2000 or so for the variant.. gonna have 7500 of the same statue lol. So for those reasons ive lost interest in collecting from them. I want low es... high quality pieces... great QC...more switchout options... more reliable packaging.. and that will increase in value over time. XM has given me all of those things and makes true collectible statues..

I admit sideshow has maybe gotten better with their quality control lately but thats about it.. but they still have a long way to go imo.. CoTD was a breath of fresh air but obviously too big of ES once again (3000 for queen...) Thus why queen is selling for well below retail and will take forever to sell out.. even still that line is being plagued with delays...I guess thats what happens when you need to make thousands upon thousands of the same statue..

The way i see it is sideshow is all about money money money... thus why the ES are massive and variants are becoming commonplace. And the prices skyrocket every year.... im getting out just as fast as i got in with them.. i dont see them as quality collectibles anymore.. thus why they cant even get real signatures on their art prints. They dont wanna spend any extra money even though it will increase the value on them tremendously and also make us buyers alot happier.

The ES on their statues are crazy.. 5000 for vader mythos.. 2500 for spiderman ex plus probably 3000 for regular.. and then another 2000 or so for the variant.. gonna have 7500 of the same statue lol. So for those reasons ive lost interest in collecting from them. I want low es... high quality pieces... great QC...more switchout options... more reliable packaging.. and that will increase in value over time. XM has given me all of those things and makes true collectible statues..

I admit sideshow has maybe gotten better with their quality control lately but thats about it.. but they still have a long way to go imo.. CoTD was a breath of fresh air but obviously too big of ES once again (3000 for queen...) Thus why queen is selling for well below retail and will take forever to sell out.. even still that line is being plagued with delays...I guess thats what happens when you need to make thousands upon thousands of the same statue..

You can complain about large ES and this and that all you want, but the fact remains the do put out good products. Do people still complain? Of course, some people want perfection, which isn't going to happen for everyone. You can say XM is the answer all you want, but look at that Phoenix head sculpt. Sorry, people can say it's okay all they want, but a.) it was changed and b.) the hair line is too low, the features aren't as good as the original sculpt and the way the hair lays is bad. And that was with only what? 999 of her made? But what are people who order outside of the region XM sells in going to do? There's no return policy, there's no refund. You are stuck. If Sideshow messes up you can at least get your money back. They have a 30 day policy in place that they back.

I understand your reason for collecting are much different than mine, I don't care about ES, I don't care about a ton of switch out parts, if I wanted them I'd buy Hot toys, and I have absolutely no care about the box it comes in as long as the statue comes unbroken. All I want is a work of art based upon characters I care about. Sideshow's sculpts, bar none, are the best around. Their mix of realism and fantasy is amazing to me which is why I love these statues. The new Hulk that just shipped out, the one people are saying the teeth are bad on, which you can only really see if you bring it about 5 inches from your face, is amazing in person. Blew my mind.

So all that being said, happy collecting to you, and good luck.

Yes it's still a repaint even with the tiny changes. Looks good but not worth the 500.00 plus imo. I would get this and wolverine if this was the first time this is being made for sale instead of a repaint. Also wolvie if this was the only option I would suck it up and still buy him even though I don't like the face and price with a large ES as I've been doing for the last few years because it was the only way to get both characters in PF scale. But now with XM I will pass on both. That's the wonders of having more choices. We can choose what we want instead of only having ss as the only place to buy like the last 10 years.

You can complain about large ES and this and that all you want, but the fact remains the do put out good products. Do people still complain? Of course, some people want perfection, which isn't going to happen for everyone. You can say XM is the answer all you want, but look at that Phoenix head sculpt. Sorry, people can say it's okay all they want, but a.) it was changed and b.) the hair line is too low, the features aren't as good as the original sculpt and the way the hair lays is bad. And that was with only what? 999 of her made? But what are people who order outside of the region XM sells in going to do? There's no return policy, there's no refund. You are stuck. If Sideshow messes up you can at least get your money back. They have a 30 day policy in place that they back.

I understand your reason for collecting are much different than mine, I don't care about ES, I don't care about a ton of switch out parts, if I wanted them I'd buy Hot toys, and I have absolutely no care about the box it comes in as long as the statue comes unbroken. All I want is a work of art based upon characters I care about. Sideshow's sculpts, bar none, are the best around. Their mix of realism and fantasy is amazing to me which is why I love these statues. The new Hulk that just shipped out, the one people are saying the teeth are bad on, which you can only really see if you bring it about 5 inches from your face, is amazing in person. Blew my mind.

So all that being said, happy collecting to you, and good luck.

Yep.. i never said anything about their products being bad.. thus why I have over 10 PF on preorder from them atm. They make great sculpts and have some of the best artists in the world working for them but that has nothing to do with all the points I made reguarding high ES... few switchout options.. average QC.. basic and lackluster bases.. etc..

And you can say you dont care about packaging and all that UNTIL you get a broken piece and sideshow dosent have any spare parts left and you can get a $30 credit or have to return the piece. Then you can learn to appreciate it and realize how nice it i not to have to worry everytime it ships if its gonna be broken or have bad QC. Like many have said before XM packaging is amazing. Their statues never break during transit and you dont have to worry about getting a bad piece.

And I just have to laugh when you try and bash their phoenix statue. That statue alone is better then anything sideshow has made in their 20 years in the buisness. There is a reason it sell for triple the retail price and they havent even finished shipping them all out yet. And if you dont like that head then dont use it. You has 2 others to choose from!

And your hot toys comment really just dosent make any sense.. they make 1/6 first of all.. and they are figurines not statues. Just because i like having a few options on my premium formats dosent mean i want to collect hot toys lol..

Yep.. i never said anything about their products being bad.. thus why I have over 10 PF on preorder from them atm. They make great sculpts and have some of the best artists in the world working for them but that has nothing to do with all the points I made reguarding high ES... few switchout options.. average QC.. basic and lackluster bases.. etc..

And you can say you dont care about packaging and all that UNTIL you get a broken piece and sideshow dosent have any spare parts left and you can get a $30 credit or have to return the piece. Then you can learn to appreciate it and realize how nice it i not to have to worry everytime it ships if its gonna be broken or have bad QC. Like many have said before XM packaging is amazing. Their statues never break during transit and you dont have to worry about getting a bad piece.

And I just have to laugh when you try and bash their phoenix statue. That statue alone is better then anything sideshow has made in their 20 years in the buisness. There is a reason it sell for triple the retail price and they havent even finished shipping them all out yet. And if you dont like that head then dont use it. You has 2 others to choose from!

And your hot toys comment really just dosent make any sense.. they make 1/6 first of all.. and they are figurines not statues. Just because i like having a few options on my premium formats dosent mean i want to collect hot toys lol..

My original point is forvthe money as long as the sculpt of the statue is amazing, which sideshow does, thats really what i look for. Everything else is gravy.

AndvOh please, take the large bird off that statue and what are you left with? An average pose with three ugly heads. All the heads look bad not just one. And how many Sideshow statues sell for well over triple there retail? Price has to do with demand. And by the way shes only going for what? 1500 right now? After shipping what was her price? $900 yeah.

As for the hot toys comment they do acutally make 1/4 scale pieces. Just not as many as their 1/6th line and to me a statue is a statue. Extra parts can be nice but really not necessary.

There's no point in making a list of all of the Sideshow statues that go for way over retail and lol freakin lol @ saying that Phoenix statue is better than anything Sideshow's done....lol

Do i need to post a pic of xm phoenix along side sideshow phoenix? Make u both look like fools. And of course some of sideshows go for a lot more then retail but the majority of them DONT. You missed the point there... and thats my opinion which in entitled to thanks. Ive seen hundreds of sideshows pieces in person and ive seen the XM ones. I imagine you both have not so your opinions are null and void k thxbai.

Back