Saban’s Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Power Rangers movie reboot? ...Eh?

Do you remember those Power Rangers Live shows in 1995? My mom and I were just coming out of the mall, and one of the ticket guys outside the theater where it was showing, gave us free tickets, because he had extras :lol. It was awesome. I even got a toy light saber thing.

I remember my rich cousins going to the show! But my parents bought me a black and gold Megazord to compensate. That showed them! :lol

I was 6 when the show came out, so I guess I was at the perfect targeted demographic group. I had a truckload of Power Rangers toys and in retrospect I think it kick started my obsession with overpriced plastic collectibles. :lol

I never owned the original Megazord, Dragonzord or Titanus but I did have all the Thunderzords aside from Tor.

Remember the flip heads? :lol

Rs4kiW0.jpg

I never owned the original Megazord, Dragonzord or Titanus but I did have all the Thunderzords aside from Tor.

Rs4kiW0.jpg

Oh I had them! Though I always thought the bodies were horrendous, even as a kid. It was also such a kick at the time to find other kids who had the Dragonzord or Titanus since I would bring my Megazord and combine them.

Jesus those things were hideous.

My cousin had all of them and one day I broke all their heads off :lol:lol

Rs4kiW0.jpg

If you brought those to school you never saw them again. :lol So many kids lost them(had them stolen).

The hype for that White Ranger was mental. Trying to find that figure was impossible.

These kids today probably don't even understand. You walk into a toy section at a WalMart and the entire section is empty. Not a soul. Back in the day there would be at least a dozen kids in every single aisle. Power Rangers, TMNT toys, jesus it was madness trying to get what you wanted.

Um, I was too young to remember the 80s :dunno. Power Ranger came out around 1993, which meant that you were in pre-school at the time. Did your parents allow you to watch it?

Hehe. There was a time were power rangers was deemed to violent for kids back then so I wasnt allowed to watch it til I was in kindergarten. Things were weird back then. I wasnt even aloud to watch my cousins play the old mortal kombat because it had blood. I think about it now and its just silly.

I can't find a picture anywhere, but I had a Power Rangers fishing rod when I was a kid :rotfl

If you brought those to school you never saw them again. :lol So many kids lost them(had them stolen).

The hype for that White Ranger was mental. Trying to find that figure was impossible.

These kids today probably don't even understand. You walk into a toy section at a WalMart and the entire section is empty. Not a soul. Back in the day there would be at least a dozen kids in every single aisle. Power Rangers, TMNT toys, jesus it was madness trying to get what you wanted.

Damn right. Trying to get the right tmnt toy and batman figures and going to a toy aisle and not seeing the toy you want and frantically searching the back of the pegs to see if they toy you wanted was there. People were so sneaky back then. They always put the best toy at the back of the peg.
Btw I hated the white ranger I always considered the red ranger to be the leader. Thats just me though.

The pillow things were popular too. 12" soft Rangers that you could punch and have react with a noise. I remember I had one of those.

Hehe. There was a time were power rangers was deemed to violent for kids back then so I wasnt allowed to watch it til I was in kindergarten. Things were weird back then. I wasnt even aloud to watch my cousins play the old mortal kombat because it had blood. I think about it now and its just silly.

MMPR wasn't that violent, only thing that comes across that way is when Dragon Zord Battle Mode would perform it's Fatality by drilling the monster right through it's chest :rotfl

2z69rmq.jpg

I can't find a picture anywhere, but I had a Power Rangers fishing rod when I was a kid :rotfl

I rember my first bike was a tmnt3 bike lmao and the real green ranger came to my friends birthday party it was so cool. Can we call this the 90s thread??? lmao.

MMPR wasn't that violent, only thing that comes across that way when Dragon Zord Battle Mode would perform it's Fatality by drilling the monster right through it's chest :rotfl

2z69rmq.jpg

O I know but see back then kids would fight on the play ground reacting scenes from the show and stuff. I remember pokemon was banned aswell for kids fighting over cards even though the show was so lighthearted.

I rember my first bike was a tmnt3 bike lmao and the real green ranger came to my friends birthday party it was so cool. Can we call this the 90s thread??? lmao.

As long as we can talk about Gargoyles, Double Dragon, Mummies Alive, Swat Kats, Street Sharks and Mighty Max :rotfl

Damn right. Trying to get the right tmnt toy and batman figures and going to a toy aisle and not seeing the toy you want and frantically searching the back of the pegs to see if they toy you wanted was there. People were so sneaky back then. They always put the best toy at the back of the peg.
Btw I hated the white ranger I always considered the red ranger to be the leader. Thats just me though.

In like 1990 I was at a Car Ford which was the back in the day equivalent of a Wal Mart. A kid snatched a RGB Slimer figure right out of my hands. The one that came with the little pizza. I searched for another 3 years and never found another. There was no internet to order one from, that was it. Will never forget that.

O I know but see back then kids would fight on the play ground reacting scenes from the show and stuff. I remember pokemon was banned aswell for kids fighting over cards even though the show was so lighthearted.

I got patted down in Elementary School for ****ing Poke'mon cards, not kidding :lol

As long as we can talk about Gargoyles, Double Dragon, Mummies Alive, Swat Kats, Street Sharks and Mighty Max :rotfl

O **** dude I remember Mighty Max. i watched it every morning. Also dark water and this weird Pinocchio show

When I was young both Power Rangers, Pokemon and Yugioh were banned from my school but not because of violence or anything but because of how Satanic they were.

Even martial arts were considered satanic because of the strange and demonic languages that the teachers would yell.... I am not freaking Kidding. They considered Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Any kind of japanese anime satanic for some reason.

I just realize how incredibly racist my school was, all the teachers, the principal.... wtf? they considered anything like that satan worshiping...

I got patted down in Elementary School for ****ing Poke'mon cards, not kidding :lol

They'd rip up the cards in your face at my school if they found them on you. Teachers were so mean back then haha.
In like 1990 I was at a Car Ford which was the back in the day equivalent of a Wal Mart. A kid snatched a RGB Slimer figure right out of my hands. The one that came with the little pizza. I searched for another 3 years and never found another. There was no internet to order one from, that was it. Will never forget that.
I remember finding a Spacegodzilla at Kb toys once. it was the old ones that lit up and had sound. For some reason my mom wouldnt buy it for me so I had to give it to some other kid whos mom was gonna buy it. it was a sad feeling walking out the store and looking back at what could have been haha.

When I was young both Power Rangers, Pokemon and Yugioh were banned from my school but not because of violence or anything but because of how Satanic they were.

Even martial arts were considered satanic because of the strange and demonic languages that the teachers would yell.... I am not freaking Kidding. They considered Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Any kind of japanese anime satanic for some reason.

I just realize how incredibly racist my school was, all the teachers, the principal.... wtf? they considered anything like that satan worshiping...

aha. That reminds me of my school. lion king, spiderman, pokemon,harry potter and cleavlage was satanic to my school. It was so stupid. im talking the opening to kids cartoons was considered satanic, walking backwards, superheros, it was all considered evil. It was so unbelievably false and redundant.

Back