S-Hero Batman/Superman TAS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their Doctor Doom was just released and I just saw a nice YouTube review of it so I wouldn’t call them unproven.
Here is a link to that thread:
1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

That's good to know. Wonder if there's an avenue to provide feedback to them. Color on the headsculpt doesn't match the skin tone on the neck. He seems to be straining at the neck which makes the smiling sculpt even weirder.

Quick iPhone render with the eyes looking a little more like they did on the show.
IMG_1399.jpeg

Original:
IMG_1399.jpeg

Show reference:
IMG_1412.jpeg
IMG_1413.png

IMG_1414.jpeg

Last edited:
Even after logging in, I cannot find the preorder listing on Kit's site. Is it already sold out?

Even after logging in, I cannot find the preorder listing on Kit's site. Is it already sold out?
It's still there. Cutoff is Dec 30th. It might need 'enabling' if you're fairly new to OSK.

It's still there. Cutoff is Dec 30th. It might need 'enabling' if you're fairly new to OSK.
Thanks brother. Yes I'm cause I cannot pay via PayPal. But asking one of my cousins to pay on my behalf this time. How to get this 'enabling' done? Thank you once again.

Thanks brother. Yes I'm cause I cannot pay via PayPal. But asking one of my cousins to pay on my behalf this time. How to get this 'enabling' done? Thank you once again.
They/you will need to email Kit to get permission on your account to see the hidden items I believe

Hmm not sure about this. I don't think the upper body proportions are exaggerated enough, the symbol looks too small and the trunks should be black with the red stripe. That style of trunks is iconic of the STAS Timm design yet nobody wants to use it on a toy/figure. Unless this figure is going for more of a JLA era look, if that's the case then please forgive my previous observations.

1701340488917.png

Looks great here, to me. There's no mistaking what Superman it is. Something I can't as confidently say about the S-Hero version.

1701387417737.png

The Red Strip on Black shorts is 100% a lighting effect they did in the animated series. This started with Batman where you would see the Black and Blue effect. You can see it below (Mondo 1/6) on his cowl, gloves, cape and of course the "blue stripe" on what should be black shorts.

Mondo did 2 versions. One with the lighting effect painted on and one, later, with out.

Superman is definitely meant to have (traditional) red shorts. Would be a bit odd to have the effect painted or sewn on a soft goods figure??

Images below of the two Mondo Versions. I prefer the "clean" version. Just my preference and cool Mondo did this to satisfy both sides.

Mondo Light.jpg

Mondo No Light.jpg

I agree that the red/back shorts was a lighting effect and something I wouldn’t want to see on this figure. I am happy that the shorts will be all red. It does seem that most statues and figures from STAS show the shorts in all red.
1701423288718.jpeg

1701423371175.jpeg

1701423667490.jpeg

Stuff that works on a 2D screen like cell shading doesn't look good on a 3D figure in my opinion. I much prefer this to Mondo's approach.

You have to take some creative license when translating comic or animated material. Prime 1 does it perfectly with their statues, adding details that aren't there in the original art while still maintaining the essence of that art.

Stuff that works on a 2D screen like cell shading doesn't look good on a 3D figure in my opinion. I much prefer this to Mondo's approach.

You have to take some creative license when translating comic or animated material. Prime 1 does it perfectly with their statues, adding details that aren't there in the original art while still maintaining the essence of that art.

There are some G1 Transformers (statues I think) that looked quite good with cell shading.

McFarlane’s cell shading on the Batman Animated line looked like crap:

Mondo does a decent job with cell sharing.

Back