S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got old Ben and have been messing around with him since yesterday. They really went out of their way to make him as un-interchangeable with Obi-Wan as possible. The only way I could get a fabric robe on him without his brown sleeves peeking out the bottom was to change his arms with Obi-Wan at the elbow, which fits in the joint fine and comes out easily with some heat. I only had a Qui-Gon robe from rickhor409 so it might be a bit big.

Overall I like him, there's some trade offs on this one. The face is great (to me at least) and with the hood up the plastic robe doesn't look as bad as I thought it would either. But his inner robes look less detailed then the Obi-Wan figures and his hard skirt piece is a bit annoying to get under to fix is feet when trying to stand him upright. Good to finally have him on the team though, cannot wait for Leia.

View attachment 417648

View attachment 417651

View attachment 417650

Without robe.

Thanks for the pics. Since you have the 2 figures and have switched parts around any chance you could see if the belt sections are interchangeable between the 2? I’m curious to see if they can be swapped for a custom before I buy both.

I'm not a fan. They're good for what they are, but you can do so much better, price wise, just about anywhere else. For imports anyway.

I disagree price-wise, sometimes they price higher (Solo Chewie was more expensive there) but HLJ has typically been as cheap or cheaper than the average import site for SH Figuarts and they definitely have the cheapest import shipping options IMO. With everyone else you have no idea what you're going to get but with being able to add and subtract items from an order to figure out the best shipping prices their private warehouse is great.

I think they’re pricing is awesome. They always have sales and I’ve gotten some bargain Star Wars figures from them. Their private warehouse is a great feature too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seemed them priced anywhere close to cheaper than just straight importing it (often with very fast shipping)

Thanks for the pics. Since you have the 2 figures and have switched parts around any chance you could see if the belt sections are interchangeable between the 2? I’m curious to see if they can be swapped for a custom before I buy both.
Doesn’t look to be interchangeable unfortunately, at least not without heavy customisation. Old Ben’s belt is a bit wider then Obi’s, so it hangs very loose when you put it on the Obi-Wan figure. And Obi-Wan’s belt is to narrow to fit on Ben, so when you put it on you can’t reconnect his legs back to the joint on his lower torso. Maybe if you could shave off some of the inside of Obi-Wan’s belt it might give you enough room to reconnect.
Spoiler Spoiler:

In case anyone’s wondering, if you want to put Ben’s head and neck on Obi-Wan - the ball joint on Obi-Wan is too small to fit the socket on ben’s lower neck. You can balance the neck on the ball joint fine, but it comes out easy and leave a gap where the shirt material meets the neck.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Reversely, Obi-Wan’s neck fit’s fine onto Bens body.
Spoiler Spoiler:

You can’t use the joint in the top of the neck to put Ben’s head and neck joint onto Obi-Was neck because Ben’s joint a ball joint and Obi’s is a peg joint.
Spoiler Spoiler:

You can’t connect Ben's torso to obi-Wan’s legs because the socket in the torso is too high up in the stomach cavity to be able to reach the ball joint at the top of the legs (to compensate the joint itself is longer in the old Ben figure). You can balance the torso on the legs though.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited; oh and you can't swap the arms because the ball joint on Obi-Wan's arms has two prongs on either side (to hold the floating sleeve section), but maybe if you cut off the prongs, the ball joint looks to be the same size on both.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thank you! That’s exactly what I needed to see. The last pic with the shoulder joint with the T it looks like you could heat up the arm and swap the joints.

My TLJ Luke was lost in transit. :(

I'll pick another one up when they refund me the money but it really sucks since I had him on preorder 5 months ago.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I needed to see. The last pic with the shoulder joint with the T it looks like you could heat up the arm and swap the joints.
I knew I forgot to include something. It does fit on but very loosely, and falls out easy if you move it. The peg on Ben’s arm joint is shorter then on Obi-Wan’s arm joint, so it can’t plug all the way into the socket. But I do think if you we're already going that far to kit bash something (and didn't mind ruining your Obi-Wan figure) you could just shave those prongs of the side of Obi-wan's arm joint, then it should fit fine into Bens shoulder socket, they do look like the same size ball joint.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Any chance you can do the same head swaps with TLJ Luke?
I'm sorry, I don't have that figure!

Not quite Figuarts (No Mafex love here?), besides the guy in the back lol, but I forgot how AMAZING the Mafex Shoretrooper is. The softgoods, weathering, articulation, man its GOOD. Not to mention he comes with parts to build him into either the squad leader or grunt.

I know there is a MAFEX thread around here somewhere, but that is a fantastic pic. Right outta the movie!

Back