S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we'll see him on 4/20 when SHF reveals the Solo merch. Seeing the deluge of Infinity War products has me hoping for a similar Star Wars flood of figures.

I don't mind how they're doing it. Too often we have 6-12 month lead up times to figures where I spend way more time talking about the figure than actually handling it. With some long lead ups I'm not nearly as interested as when it's a surprise and we can get it this month or something.

So what's it gonna be? Episode 2 or 7 C-3PO? TC-14? K-3PO?

View attachment 396738

That's still a little while from now, but man. Ready for some announcements or reveals!

I asked someone on reddit.com/r/translate and the text between the Iron Man and 3PO says "Will be selling commemoration products! Announcing late March"

So an exclusive protocol droid perhaps?

My Han Solo Repaint
Corrected eyebrows, eyes, lips.....
DXWvWJ2VwAEzEWK.jpg
DXWvWKAVMAIz4gH.jpg
DXWvWJ7VAAErSkL.jpg
DXWvWJ5UMAAvpxx.jpg

That's really amazing, scofield! He's way more in line with the protoype, but even better.
Did you take any photos of the process or can you share any tips for painting realistically like that?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I do not have a process picture.
Mainly to enhance the facial features of the actor profile,
Painting skills is difficult to text expression,Not to mention my English is not good.
Sorry.....

I don't mind how they're doing it. Too often we have 6-12 month lead up times to figures where I spend way more time talking about the figure than actually handling it. With some long lead ups I'm not nearly as interested as when it's a surprise and we can get it this month or something.

I asked someone on reddit.com/r/translate and the text between the Iron Man and 3PO says "Will be selling commemoration products! Announcing late March"

So an exclusive protocol droid perhaps?
Some of the wait times seem to be getting worse. I just wish we would get an actual release date or just a timeline, instead of showing a bunch of figures in Japan and then never making them.

Thems the breaks of a premium company. They put out protos to gauge interest, not to show upcoming releases, not in most cases at least. It costs them alot to make these figures and keep them to a high quality, they need to know if they will sell in advance. That also applies to the release schedule; put out too many too soon and people get burnt out on them, since they cant keep up, space them out and people have time to save up and buy, it makes sense.

I think they're just waiting now until 4/20 to show off the Solo stuff. Aside from that I don't know who'd they throw up for preorder next, it's a wide open field now with so much time til Ep 9.

Thems the breaks of a premium company. They put out protos to gauge interest, not to show upcoming releases, not in most cases at least. It costs them alot to make these figures and keep them to a high quality, they need to know if they will sell in advance. That also applies to the release schedule; put out too many too soon and people get burnt out on them, since they cant keep up, space them out and people have time to save up and buy, it makes sense.

I think the most frustrating part of it all is not ever saying which ones will be made, then waiting months or years for a pre order is kinda ridiculous, especially for a company of their size.

It's not as if most of us are going anywhere anytime soon. What's the hurry at the end of the day?

Meanwhile, they've just announced a BB8 with 'finger' option that comes bundled with some TLJ special edition. Strictly for completists.

I think the most frustrating part of it all is not ever saying which ones will be made, then waiting months or years for a pre order is kinda ridiculous, especially for a company of their size.

I used to buy Gundam figures (still do on a much smaller selection) so I've been buying Bandai stuff for a long time. This is typical of them. Some prototypes never get made and some can literally take 2-3 years.

Back