S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no package from Anime Export on the Maul that was shipped back in November.

WTF

SAL is really this ****!?!?!

"11/17/2017 21:10 shipped out"

Still no package from Anime Export on the Maul that was shipped back in November.

WTF

Did you use regular SAL ? The longest anything has ever taken for me to get was maybe 6 weeks. Did you not use Registered SAL? That's what I use so I have a tracking number. It usually ships to the US in about a week or so, then just sits at customs in NY till they decide to ship it to me. Your crazy if used regular SAL over Registered SAL for a few dollars difference. Then there's no way track the item... By you or the seller.

WTF

That's way too long, you should contact them and see what they can do. I've had issues before, if they don't reply after a few days; I just sent the same email every day and they got back to me after a few.

Are the Threepio and R2 worth getting? Ami Ami had them in stock grabbed them when I ordered Ben.I have the Bandai kits and they're well weathered, but Threepio doesn't have much range of motion.

Are the Threepio and R2 worth getting? Ami Ami had them in stock grabbed them when I ordered Ben.I have the Bandai kits and they're well weathered, but Threepio doesn't have much range of motion.

I think they’re both fantastic. The chrome on CP0 isn’t perfect but it’s good enough for me. The detail on both is awesome and they look great next to farm Luke!

WTF

Japan Post had some problems with SAL, there was a notice on Amiami for a while. I still haven't received my Maul either, of that's any consolation.

I am giving it 1 more week just cause... but the guy at the site said they will contact JapanPost once I do.

Question everyone: I have been collecting HT for a long time now, just getting into the SH Figuarts Line (Star Wars only)-- how limited are their runs? It seems that some of their figures like Padme, Anakin (Exclusive) are skyrocketing in price on eBay. One of my buddies said that I have to jump all over the preorder, and because these figs are from Japan that the window is small for preorder. Also I am not buying for quick resell, I just like good solid Star Wars plastic! -Thanks!

@potatoes Well there are normal releases and a variety of different exclusives, chief among them the web(shop) exclusive. Normal releases can be rereleased and are to my knowledge released in higher quantities. Exclusives, web included, cannot. So they are a one-time offering. One top of that they tend to be more expensive as well, so that combination is making figures like padme skyrocket, she was a web exclusive. Luke and Maul have both been rereleased once due to popularity and because thy are normal releases. There was a LOT to do about tamashii's policy to not rerelease web exclusive among the dragonball line years ago, because back then that entire line was web ex. They circumvented it with 'premium color editions' although they have a few times broken their own rule for real (shf zero ssj goku). That said, never expect that. Webshop exclusives are one-time only, will overall always be more epensive AND climb faster in after-market.

HOWEVER, to those outside Japan this line is a bit of an odd duck, because disney (or hasbro?) have not given Bandai's tamashii nations subdivision a lisence to distribute star wars figures outside Japan, contrary to most things (like Bluefin distributing many of their lines in the US). This is a third elemnt that has ad a weird price effect imo, because it's made web exclusives even more expensive (to ridiculous prices imo), but the normal release prices are actually pretty good, sometimes even cheaper than I was used to, if you know good shops. (See this thread.) I think the normal releases just have quite a big production quantity because star wars is such a huge brands.

So... Basically, check if it's a web excl, if it is assume it's a one time release only, ever (unless there could be an alternte version in color or whatever but that's more applicable to anime franchizes). If it's a normal release there's less fuss, although chances are still high they'll only be made once. But in this line's case they do seem to make quite a lot as said. Some major characters can see a rerelease but so far that's only been jedi luke, the first vader and maul, the latter due to his speeder being released. (They tend to 'pair' characters that belong together close in release.)

Hope that helps. If I'm wrong anyone here will correct it soon enough I think.

@potatoes Well there are normal releases and a variety of different exclusives, chief among them the web(shop) exclusive. Normal releases can be rereleased and are to my knowledge released in higher quantities. Exclusives, web included, cannot. So they are a one-time offering. One top of that they tend to be more expensive as well, so that combination is making figures like padme skyrocket, she was a web exclusive. Luke and Maul have both been rereleased once due to popularity and because thy are normal releases. There was a LOT to do about tamashii's policy to not rerelease web exclusive among the dragonball line years ago, because back then that entire line was web ex. They circumvented it with 'premium color editions' although they have a few times broken their own rule for real (shf zero ssj goku). That said, never expect that. Webshop exclusives are one-time only, will overall always be more epensive AND climb faster in after-market.

HOWEVER, to those outside Japan this line is a bit of an odd duck, because disney (or hasbro?) have not given Bandai's tamashii nations subdivision a lisence to distribute star wars figures outside Japan, contrary to most things (like Bluefin distributing many of their lines in the US). This is a third elemnt that has ad a weird price effect imo, because it's made web exclusives even more expensive (to ridiculous prices imo), but the normal release prices are actually pretty good, sometimes even cheaper than I was used to, if you know good shops. (See this thread.) I think the normal releases just have quite a big production quantity because star wars is such a huge brands.

So... Basically, check if it's a web excl, if it is assume it's a one time release only, ever (unless there could be an alternte version in color or whatever but that's more applicable to anime franchizes). If it's a normal release there's less fuss, although chances are still high they'll only be made once. But in this line's case they do seem to make quite a lot as said. Some major characters can see a rerelease but so far that's only been jedi luke, the first vader and maul, the latter due to his speeder being released. (They tend to 'pair' characters that belong together close in release.)

Hope that helps. If I'm wrong anyone here will correct it soon enough I think.

Silrian- wow this is amazing information. The prices of Padme, Anakin, Qui-Gon are all starting to exceed Hot toys prices for figures which is completely bonkers--I am being super picky about which ones I grab, but to be Stateside and have a chance at any of the exclusives is tough, and eBay sellers from Japan all state the risk of items getting caught up in customs fees.

Any advice on where to get the best deals on some of these? Bluefin, HLJ, BigBad? I would hate to have to go to eBay in the future when the Revenge of the Sith figures start to release. Thanks again for all the info above--I couldn't find anyone in other figure forums who could explain this.

HLJ has good prices. But they often sell out quickly. I try to check www.shfiguarts.com once a week for new releases. Then I order from HLJ or AmiAmi.

Thanks hen88, I like the figures they are putting out---filling in holes that Hot Toys can't get to. They are initially cheaper, but hella crazy when they are comparable to 1/6th scale in the aftermarket sales.

HLJ has good prices. But they often sell out quickly. I try to check www.shfiguarts.com once a week for new releases. Then I order from HLJ or AmiAmi.

That's not the real website. Just go to Tamashii.jp or https://tamashii.jp/special/sw/ specifically for all of their Star Wars stuff. https://tamashii.jp/item_schedule/?lmode=en&wovn=en that site shows their release schedule; so when the month comes you can see what day the items will be release. Except for Web Exclusives; they're almost always the last weekend of the month regardless.

Silrian- wow this is amazing information. The prices of Padme, Anakin, Qui-Gon are all starting to exceed Hot toys prices for figures which is completely bonkers--I am being super picky about which ones I grab, but to be Stateside and have a chance at any of the exclusives is tough, and eBay sellers from Japan all state the risk of items getting caught up in customs fees.

Any advice on where to get the best deals on some of these? Bluefin, HLJ, BigBad? I would hate to have to go to eBay in the future when the Revenge of the Sith figures start to release. Thanks again for all the info above--I couldn't find anyone in other figure forums who could explain this.

I actually do go to ebay because I have the best experience with it in avoiding customs and I never PO. I've only found one web ex worth it, that was Qui, I just had to have the duel of the fates fight. He's insane expensive now too. Honestly, personally, if it's web ex for this line I just give up on it.:dunno Unless it'd be a MUST have but only two I can think of would be if they knocked emperor and/or yoda out the park.

Lot if people on here are more experiemced than me outside ebay (and POs).

I actually do go to ebay because I have the best experience with it in avoiding customs and I never PO. I've only found one web ex worth it, that was Qui, I just had to have the duel of the fates fight. He's insane expensive now too. Honestly, personally, if it's web ex for this line I just give up on it.:dunno Unless it'd be a MUST have but only two I can think of would be if they knocked emperor and/or yoda out the park.

Lot if people on here are more experiemced than me outside ebay (and POs).

ebay has been my only source--maybe amazon prime or big bad....I guess SHF just also hits the figures I wish HT would make like Qui, (he was one of my first purchases) and AOTC Anakin. Also felt like I couldn't wait for HT to release Kylo, Rey, and the Praetorian Guards --smaller shelf space, cheaper, more instant gratification. It's just nuts to see prices constantly ramping up daily. Thanks everyone for the help.

Back