S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually seen figuarts Mario Bros figures at Toys R us, right on the shelf next to those "world of Nintendo" mario figures. Figuarts definitely can distribute in the US, but maybe the Star Wars line has a different licensing deal?

You'll also find quite a selection of Figurats (not Star Wars) in Barnes and Nobel stores:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/figuarts

Figuarts are distributed in the US through Bluefin. They can't distribute Star Wars figures here because of Hasbro. They can only distribute Marvel figures if they're north of $80 and come with an accessory. Since they aren't doing this for Star Wars, the licensing deal must be a lot stricter.

Yeah "figuarts" is a broad branding term, all licenses of that brand will have their own stipulations

You'll also find quite a selection of Figurats (not Star Wars) in Barnes and Nobel stores:
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/figuarts

Yeah, I was figuring as much. Hasbro tries to tout the black series as the “high end” 6” star wars brand and Im sure thats why theyre so tight about the license.

Ooo, suicide squad Harley? What was the pricing like?

And I don't want to derail the thread but how was your experience with mandarake? How are the shipping costs here to aus?

They wanted $150 for Harley. I got mine from Amazon for $70.

Mandarake isn't bad. It's only the second time i've used them, but it gives you options from a variety of stores depending on what you're looking for. Shippings the same as any of the other Japan sites.

They wanted $150 for Harley. I got mine from Amazon for $70.

Mandarake isn't bad. It's only the second time i've used them, but it gives you options from a variety of stores depending on what you're looking for. Shippings the same as any of the other Japan sites.
Sometimes you can find items for really cheap prices on mandarake. Got a cosbaby hulkbuster for like 30 bucks American when it's over 80 bucks retail price.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a lot of great deals on mandarake if you're patient, their email alert function is great for that sort of thing. Great to hear about the shipping too, I was sorta worried the shipping prices would be insane after hearing a few bad stories

I had to go through a couple of different sellers to find one offering small SAL/DHL shipping for Kylo. Ended up being 1200 yen, so not shabby. Tracking data was SMS'd to me under a day later which was good.

EDIT: Holy crap it's in Sydney already. Due here in Melbourne by Friday. Bloody hell that's the quickest damn shipment i've ever had. I wait longer for items coming from interstate!!

EDIT EDIT: I WAIT LONGER FOR ITEMS COMING FROM WITHIN THE STATE!!!

Sickkkk, the next round of TLJ figs!!

10487544p.jpg
10487547p.jpg

Can't wait for this time next month when we see the next round. These are cool, but they've got a "been there seen most of that" feel.

IMG_2001.jpgIMG_2002.jpgIMG_2003.jpgIMG_2004.jpgIMG_2005.jpg

Really digging the Praetorian Guard. The weapon selection is great for different poses. The head articulation isn't the best nor is that of the body, but the figure color is very bright and rich and just jumps out at you. Unlike other figures, due to the robes, worrying about the figure toppling over doesn't seem to be a concern. Really looking forward to the other two.

View attachment 374296View attachment 374297View attachment 374298View attachment 374299View attachment 374300

Really digging the Praetorian Guard. The weapon selection is great for different poses. The head articulation isn't the best nor is that of the body, but the figure color is very bright and rich and just jumps out at you. Unlike other figures, due to the robes, worrying about the figure toppling over doesn't seem to be a concern. Really looking forward to the other two.

Duuude awesome, thanks for the pics!!

The figuarts praetorians are slick. Gonna wait for the movie first before I buy any though, prices should have gone down a bit by then too

The figuarts praetorians are slick. Gonna wait for the movie first before I buy any though, prices should have gone down a bit by then too

Kinda where I am also. I will get them if they are bad-asses in the movie. If they're just background characters like the Guards in ROTJ, its an easy pass for me.

Kinda where I am also. I will get them if they are bad-asses in the movie. If they're just background characters like the Guards in ROTJ, its an easy pass for me.
We've seen film stills of them in fighting stances with their weapons activated, at least, which is more than can be said for the royal guards [emoji16] I feel like they'll definitely do *something*, but how much is up in the air

It's a shame that the executioner doesn't come with the effect parts, but the paint on the claws are pretty good. I foresee that most will break the claws or rod quite easily as they are not easy to swap out.

_DSC3086.jpg

_DSC3101.jpg

We've seen film stills of them in fighting stances with their weapons activated, at least, which is more than can be said for the royal guards [emoji16] I feel like they'll definitely do *something*, but how much is up in the air

Or that could end up on the cutting room floor. The only Royal Guard action scene, which also confirms that they only had simple black cloth clothes underneath:

Last edited:
Back