S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Figuarts Luke bootleg isn't terrible for $25. The heads are trash but you can use the "figuarts" joint for another head on the body and the neck joint on the body is really tight. I spent about an hour on the body and now you can't tell the body from an authentic one. I switched out the wrist pegs and cleaned up the flashing on the joints and topped it off with a clear coat matte finish and it's identical to the authentic body. I drilled my Oldboy TFA Old Luke head to use the neck joint and it looks incredible. The lightsaber blade has a matte finish I just gloss clear coated it and repainted and sealed the hilt. Added a Rickhor grey cloak and I have a cool custom Luke Skywalker.

The Figuarts Luke bootleg isn't terrible for $25. The heads are trash but you can use the "figuarts" joint for another head on the body and the neck joint on the body is really tight. I spent about an hour on the body and now you can't tell the body from an authentic one. I switched out the wrist pegs and cleaned up the flashing on the joints and topped it off with a clear coat matte finish and it's identical to the authentic body. I drilled my Oldboy TFA Old Luke head to use the neck joint and it looks incredible. The lightsaber blade has a matte finish I just gloss clear coated it and repainted and sealed the hilt. Added a Rickhor grey cloak and I have a cool custom Luke Skywalker.

Pics or it never happened.

If you think the bootleg Figuarts Luke head looks bad, wait till you get a load of the DX07 Bespin bootleg head!

$_10 by Stuart Black, on Flickr

I dunno I like my bootleg DX07 head and 25 bucks for the bootleg SHFiguarts Luke beats 20 bucks for the BS one I think.
lukebelt9.jpg
lukebelt7.jpg
lukeboots3.jpg

Last edited:
Is it normal the gap between hair and the forehead?
d00c2bfc296de339872a996f9e3a9049.jpg

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

why are people buying the bootleg??? Didn't this figure get released like 4 times since it first went on sale... What is the current price on ebay or amazon for the original???? the original is way better then this bootleg I'm seeing.. I'd almost rather have the black figure or just wait until they reissue this one again for the 5th time or whatever it is. Figuarts is big on reissues i wouldnt put it past them to reissue this one again in the near future

The original was going for $160+ last time I checked, and the Black Series Jedi luke goes from anywhere between $40 - $60 last I checked.

The bootleg isnt as good the original, but it's still much better than the BS at around half the cost. I got this guy to go with my BS collection, so it works out great for me.

why are people buying the bootleg??? Didn't this figure get released like 4 times since it first went on sale... What is the current price on ebay or amazon for the original???? the original is way better then this bootleg I'm seeing.. I'd almost rather have the black figure or just wait until they reissue this one again for the 5th time or whatever it is. Figuarts is big on reissues i wouldnt put it past them to reissue this one again in the near future

The photo I posted above isn t a bootleg.
It is my genuine luke.
Just asking if someone else has seen the gap between hair and forehead in their figure

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Bootleg body + authentic head you aren't using + Rickhor cloak to hide deficiencies = 2 Luke figures

I put the windswept hair Luke head from my authentic Jedi Luke Figuarts on a Figuarts Stormtrooper body to make a second Luke for my Mark Hamill shelf:

IMG_3529.jpg

And I'm still a big fan of the Jedi Luke figure with a Rickhor robe:

IMG_3542.jpg

Yeah, all you are really doing here is trying to convince yourselves, Anyone who has the original won't ever believe it's a decent stand in or replacement. Trust me, I review bootlegs on YouTube every so often, I've seen that excuse dozens of times.

Bootlegs are never worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Except for customs.

Other than that, the quality always takes anywhere between a small and a huge dive between official and bootleg, in paint application, joints quality, sturdiness, etc... The only line where I've honestly found bootlegs to be of equal quality to the original products is the Saint Seiya Myth Cloth line from Bandai, but the bootlegs are cheaper because they don't include spare parts.

The original is crazy priced. It was re-released 1 time, and sold out in like 24 hours, and never went 'in stock' at any site. This has been in demand a while, and so has Maul, who has never been re-released. Who knows, maybe we'll see something Force Friday?

Yeah, all you are really doing here is trying to convince yourselves, Anyone who has the original won't ever believe it's a decent stand in or replacement. Trust me, I review bootlegs on YouTube every so often, I've seen that excuse dozens of times.

These bootlegs aren't worth it. Most regular action figures aren't, I find it interesting that most Transformers bootlegs are just as good though as originals; and sometimes improve on the original mold to be better also. And they have way more parts involved.

Its just a cheap plastic toy man, its not that serious. Id consider it more if a "convincing myself" situation if I spent $100+ on a 7" figure lol

But its all good, collect what you like for whatever reasons drive you!

bbts finally sent my r2, boy was I surprised by how well done he is. He will stay in his sealed box but i was really tempted to open it. They did a better job then ssc did with their 1/6 scale version that's for sure which is crazy considering how small this one is in comparison

3p0 will be here sometime this week

Qgj looks awesome too can't wait for mine to ship from cd japan

Am I the only one that keeps these sealed in box lol am I crazy for keeping them sealed and not displaying them in all their glory??? On the other hand, They all look good in box accept Anakin the exclusive version has no window :( not sure how'd they would look next to all my 1/6 scale figures and qtr scale statues anyway

Last edited:
Back