S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, does Mafex unmasked Kylo scale better with SHF figures than the SHF version? I've avoided getting SHF Vader because he's a little undersized.

Yeah, you really have to futz the display for him to even look slightly ok. He is in a rather wide action pose in my display and is still the same height as shf Kylo xD

Mafex too tall for shf

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Geez! Quit with this....mafex is fine with shf in the main....it actually suits figures such as Vader, kylo (who's meant to be tall) storm trooper variance, etc. Just go for the best figure of each character. Boba fett looks great with SHF....don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This isn't up for debate anymore....

Just a reminder that the Tokyo Toy Show begins in about a week and a half. Hopefully, there are some reveals coming our way.

Geez! Quit with this....mafex is fine with shf in the main....it actually suits figures such as Vader, kylo (who's meant to be tall) storm trooper variance, etc. Just go for the best figure of each character. Boba fett looks great with SHF....don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This isn't up for debate anymore....

In this specific case Mafex IS too tall (Kylo). For other characters though, Mafex fits in very nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder that the Tokyo Toy Show begins in about a week and a half. Hopefully, there are some reveals coming our way.

Oh man. We need a reveal asap. Going on month 2 of no announcement!

And agreed about Mafex Kylo being too big, I prefer Figuarts Kylo with his legs pulled down- gives him that sweet spot height. I wanted to love the Mafex one, but it just didn't do it for me. I do think Mafex Phasma fits in great though!

Thanks guys...damn it, it looks like I need to get an SHF unmasked Kylo and decide for myself which figure looks better with the other SHF figs.

I'm a bit worried that Nippon-Yassan have started shipping out Anakin's but they say mine's not due until the 25th. I hope they're not going to bump me and send me the regular version :pray:

I'm a bit worried that Nippon-Yassan have started shipping out Anakin's but they say mine's not due until the 25th. I hope they're not going to bump me and send me the regular version :pray:

I havent received any shipping info yet either, wouldnt be too worried

I've just had a message from nin nin telling me they've cancelled my order of Anakin. Apparently they've had some sort of dispute with bandai and made an agreement with them to cancel some of their orders, I guess because maybe they are getting less stock in than anticipated or something. So gutted, I paid for it back in December and this was one I was particularly looking forward to! No chance of finding it again at a sensible price! [emoji58]

I've just had a message from nin nin telling me they've cancelled my order of Anakin. Apparently they've had some sort of dispute with bandai and made an agreement with them to cancel some of their orders, I guess because maybe they are getting less stock in than anticipated or something. So gutted, I paid for it back in December and this was one I was particularly looking forward to! No chance of finding it again at a sensible price! [emoji58]

Yeah dude, this has been going on. Super frustrating to hear. I really don't know that I believe their reasoning, it's not happening with any other sites. It seems like they screwed up and are trying to cover their tracks now. I still have Padme ordered with them, I hope it doesn't fall through as well...

Try this site, probably one of the better deals at the moment.

https://www.toyzinthebox.com/products/pre-order-s-h-figuarts-star-wars-anakin-skywalker-attack-of-the-clones-action-figure

I just ordered that Anakin on Toyz. Asked them a week ago if they were going to get more and they said yeah, so hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled. Only pre-orders I'm missing right now are R2 and C3PO. Gonna wait on those.

So now on top of there being multiple exclusive figures, we have to deal with pre-orders not being fulfilled too. Thank god I'm only buying a few figures I like from this line. I originally planned on completing it, but that is not happening.

So now on top of there being multiple exclusive figures, we have to deal with pre-orders not being fulfilled too. Thank god I'm only buying a few figures I like from this line. I originally planned on completing it, but that is not happening.

k relax. first thing, Anakin is a web shop exclusive, these are basically mail in orders, so it is highly likely the site (Nin nin) ****ed up their orders, they are a middle man, they probably ****ed up.

now, if others sites start doing the same there may be an issue. Also, theres two versions of Anakin, so maybe the cut off for the first one screwed it all up, but it doesnt seem to be a widespread issue at the moment

Yeah currently just seems to be nin nin and it did all seem a little vague in their explanation so I'm guessing they did just bodge their orders. Was looking forward to getting the 'shipped' notification and instead I'm getting the opposite! I'm tempted to take it as fate and wait for an episode 3 version but who knows when that could be...

Yeah, you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that this is immediately Tamashiis fault, It won't be. Nin Nin likely hasnt ordered enough or not of the right Anakin and Tamashii told them they couldn't supply anymore of the early bonus figure.

Like Lipsmack already said, web ex's can't be ordered in bulk, they have to be ordered per person and paid for right there and then hence why you can't preorder without paying for web ex's. Tamashii wouldn't accept the order then not meet supply and demand, they have very strict rules on that.

Every company has exclusive figures, Tamashii is no different. You can't expect them to make every figure equal when it's obvious some won't sell as well as others. Web ex's are Tamashiis damage control. It's either Tamashii takes a risk with limited runs or they simply don't make them, that's the choice here.

We all know the prequels aren't very well liked and that translates to merch aswell. Imo the only guaranteed sellers from that trilogy are ep3 Obi and Anakin, and Maul who is already out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back