S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something's just off with the Anakin neutral face in photos. I'm sure it looks like Hayden as Anakin in person, but in shots it looks obscure :dunno

Like if was Hayden's stunt double

Is the scale right, thought Anakin was a lot taller than Obi

Great looking figure! It's too bad the scale is off though, really should be quite a bit taller.

Did Anakin really have three different light sabers in AOTC, have to watch the film again

Not really... Those are the lightsabers other Jedi threw to them to use in the arena battle at the end of EPII since they were prisoners and Dooku took their lightsabers. Very bland generic looking saber hilts. The only reason to have them is if they were making a Dooku figure to pose them together for their duel. The main reason to have this would be the alternate angry head. I passed due to price and I'd rather wait for a meaner looking EP3 version...

Hacchaka's review

I think the height looks great. He's still such a baby in Ep 2. And he really didn't get that much taller in Ep 3. Vader's suit must have added a foot haha.

maxresdefault.jpg
ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-and-hayden-christensen.jpg

The figure looks insane. Cannot wait to get mine.

Yeah, you seem to be jumping to the conclusion that this is immediately Tamashiis fault, It won't be. Nin Nin likely hasnt ordered enough or not of the right Anakin and Tamashii told them they couldn't supply anymore of the early bonus figure.

Like Lipsmack already said, web ex's can't be ordered in bulk, they have to be ordered per person and paid for right there and then hence why you can't preorder without paying for web ex's. Tamashii wouldn't accept the order then not meet supply and demand, they have very strict rules on that.

Every company has exclusive figures, Tamashii is no different. You can't expect them to make every figure equal when it's obvious some won't sell as well as others. Web ex's are Tamashiis damage control. It's either Tamashii takes a risk with limited runs or they simply don't make them, that's the choice here.

We all know the prequels aren't very well liked and that translates to merch aswell. Imo the only guaranteed sellers from that trilogy are ep3 Obi and Anakin, and Maul who is already out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Except it is Tamashii's fault apparently, some sort of licensing blunder. Been hearing reports from friends in Japan that their orders direct from P-Bandai have been unceremoniously cancelled.

Except it is Tamashii's fault apparently, some sort of licensing blunder. Been hearing reports from friends in Japan that their orders direct from P-Bandai have been unceremoniously cancelled.

"Licensing issue" is pretty broad and doesnt make any sense as these have been released. licensing usually wouldnt affect the release, it would affect the product being made or recalled, and its been made and hasnt been recalled... Im still thinking its a mix up with the whole batch 1 and 2 cut off date etc... I think its the first time theyve done it that way with a web shop item so its the simplest explanation atm..

did your friend get anymore specific? any source or statement?

Would the 'issue' be other stores selling what should be exclusive to one store!? If Bandai say "This will only be available from us." and a rep for Disney/LFL finds they can get it from someone else, well, they're not going to be happy. Don't Bandai, as part of their deal with Disney/LFL, have to state what is sold where!?

On another note, it's possible the QC issues with Han were a blip, the printing on Anakin looks to be some of the best I've seen. When you see him with Obi Wan and Mace, Anakin looks crisper.

For anyone interested here is the email I received this week from nin nin regarding my anakin skywalker order that I paid for back in December:

Dear Customer,

Your are one of our many trusted clients buying Bandai Premium items from us, and we thank you always for your patronage.

We regret to have to inform you that Bandai Premium has recently restricted the sale of its items to all of his resellers -including us at Nin-Nin Game- for various reasons: in order to keep the control of their distribution channels by territory / zone, and to prevent the reselling of licensed items outside of Japan.

Consequently, Bandai Premium has taken the arbitrary decision to cancel a great part of our orders from April / May / June 2017. We have initiated a negotiation with them in order to retain our pending orders and honor at all costs our Customers pre-orders, including yours.
We have reached an agreement for all future Bandai Premium products, which will be released in the following months.

Unfortunately, Bandai Premium item production being initiated months before release, this agreement did not allow us to salvage all of our orders from the months of April / May / June 2017.
Consequently we are very sorry to have to inform you that we are unable to honor your order number #61196, and have no other choice than to proceed to its cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks, but, if it's from on high and they've got LFL/Disney breathing down their necks then Bandai have to tow the line. We may never know the ins and outs, but, if you want it in future, go to Bandai or don't bother.

Sorry if its been mentioned already but Nippon Yasan have Anakin, a bit expensive though

Yeah, I dont buy that explanation at all, otherwise ALL import sites would also have had their orders cancelled, and as folk have already said, he is still available elsewhere.

The same was supposed to happen with the model kits yet they are still readily available.

Like I said before, web ex's work differently than regular releases, and they are purchased at the same price for everyone, so technically Tamashii wouldn't know if they were being sold on.

Yeah that's true, but, I think the kits were only supposed to be available in stores across Japan and not just from Bandai's store. Like I said though, we may never know what actually went on.

Yeah, I dont buy that explanation at all, otherwise ALL import sites would also have had their orders cancelled, and as folk have already said, he is still available elsewhere.

The same was supposed to happen with the model kits yet they are still readily available.

Like I said before, web ex's work differently than regular releases, and they are purchased at the same price for everyone, so technically Tamashii wouldn't know if they were being sold on.

Well, woyldn't resellers be buying in bulk regardless? Wouldn't that be a tell?

Back