S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No... must resist... must wait for Episode II or III Obi-Wan...

Speaking of men wearing dressing gowns to work, my Rikhor409 cape finally showed up a few days ago.

GmKMFDJ.jpg

uE5KW4I.jpg

I'm pretty blown away by how much these add to the figure for such a low price. They're really well-made.

Nice but did you get the one for Maul, that doesn't seem to fit right

Here's mine from Rikhorr

Last edited:
I think it was meant for Obi-Wan (described as 'dark chocolate'), I wanted to grab one to see what the quality was like.

I probably will pick up the grey tabard and a more accurate black cloak in future.

For those of you interested in the bandai model kits. A Clone Trooper is coming, with both a phase 1 and phase 2 helmet!

For those of you interested in the bandai model kits. A Clone Trooper is coming, with both a phase 1 and phase 2 helmet!

I have 10 Clones already... I feel like I need 5-10 more... For customization and weathering. How do they stack up compared to regular Figures? Are they more background types? How does articulation do? Weight difference?

Sent on Xperia Z3

I'm interested in the Figuarts line, what's the consensus on Figuarts vs Mafex? How often do they come out, how far in advance do they announce new figures?

I don't want a massive collection, just the main characters, it's be nice to have some prequel and original trilogy characters to go with them.

I really wanted to get back into collecting Star Wars figures with TFA, bought a load of 6" Black Series figures and the paint apps were awful, way too hit and miss for me, I don't have a toy store nearby so I have to buy online.

I have a lot of 3.75" figures up to ROTS, so maybe I should just get the 3.75" Black Series, but I don't think I'd be satisfied with that level of detail.

Welcome to the forum :) I don't have any Mafex but I have nearly all the Figuarts SW figures - attempting to only get the main characters is futile! Figuarts started off with quick releases but there is a bit of a lull currently and my wallet is thankful for it.

It's a great line, definitely worth getting into but you might find it dificult to get the earlier releases without paying silly money. Ebay for them, amiami or HLJ for new releases.

I'm interested in the Figuarts line, what's the consensus on Figuarts vs Mafex? How often do they come out, how far in advance do they announce new figures?
The only Mafex I have is Vader. The sculpt is certainly better than Hasbro and the size is better than SH Figuarts but he feels quite rubbery. I have read many complaints in the past about poor Mafex quality so I probably will stick with SHF from now on.

I still don't quite have a handle on SHF's reveal/announce/offer timeline. Between this forum and a few SH Figuarts facebook pages you should be able to keep up with the releases. But be warned if the figure that's being released is popular it can sell out within hours. For many collectors this means late night purchases are necessary as the figs are usually released in the middle of the day in Japan.

It seems as though we get four chances to buy popular figures. 1. pre-order 2. release 3. 2nd pre-order 4. 2nd release

You might want to check this. It's in Japanese but the dates are universal numbers.
S.H.Figuarts ????????????? ????????????????????????

I wonder if these will come with multiple colored decals. I imagine that aftermarket decal sets could be quite popular. I want to make myself a shock trooper, Wolf, Rex, and Gree just for starters. I guess Gree would have to be painted though.

Maybe this has already been asked (surely it has), but has anyone heard if Figuarts OR Mafex is planning a Rey? The Black Series is horrid and the Disney Elite is OK, but I don't like die-cast. I tried searching the thread and "Rey" is too short a search term. :rotfl

Maybe this has already been asked (surely it has), but has anyone heard if Figuarts OR Mafex is planning a Rey? The Black Series is horrid and the Disney Elite is OK, but I don't like die-cast. I tried searching the thread and "Rey" is too short a search term. :rotfl

I don't think there's been any word from either company regarding Rey, Finn, etc. Considering villains are traditionally weak sellers in Japan it's kind of amusing how all the Figuarts TFA releases so far have been First Order characters :lol

I have 10 Clones already... I feel like I need 5-10 more... For customization and weathering. How do they stack up compared to regular Figures? Are they more background types? How does articulation do? Weight difference?

Sent on Xperia Z3

The sculpts are better than figuarts imo. Articulation not quite as good but definitely good enough for me. There is a weight difference because the model kits use a different type of plastic, so they are lighter than figuarts.

I don't think there's been any word from either company regarding Rey, Finn, etc. Considering villains are traditionally weak sellers in Japan it's kind of amusing how all the Figuarts TFA releases so far have been First Order characters :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a Finn or Rey from tamashii, ever. How many films did black widow have to appear in before she finally got a figure? I wouldn't hold my breath on figures of a white woman and a black man being made by a Japanese figure company. The only reason we got Mace is because Samuel L is a movie star.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a Finn or Rey from tamashii, ever. How many films did black widow have to appear in before she finally got a figure? I wouldn't hold my breath on figures of a white woman and a black man being made by a Japanese figure company. The only reason we got Mace is because Samuel L is a movie star.

Black Widow isnt what you would call a main Avengers character though, she is a secondary character, same as Hawkeye (who we havent got yet either). Tamashii makes what sells, end of. Hell, the Mace figure doesnt even LOOK like Sam L Jackson, so that entire theory is blown out the window there. Theres no discrimination, only business. They made females for power rangers/sentai before they stopped making for those lines entirely, and dragonball has had android #18 just for starters. Then theres the ENTIRE Sailor Moon line.

All im saying is that if Tamashii thinks they will sell, we will get them, and they will sell, believe me.

Figuarts Vader is great actually. His scale is off but he is one of the better Vader figures ever made.

I forgot about Vader, the only let down was his scale right? Proportionally, is he good?

He's a club-footed midget with some seriously obtrusive, badly-conceived rubber cape parts and poor engineering decisions, but in terms of overall proportions and details he's pretty good.

Damn shame they didn't just stick with their original prototype. This version looked so much better in every way:

PEUUgMi.jpg

Thats possibly the best explanation I have seen Bateman, I laughed so hard when I read that!

Mafex Vader is much better but still not perfect. If you want scale and proportions I suggest getting the model kit Vader and a bootleg of the black series for the cloth pieces. Thats probably my next test since pics show it looking amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thats possibly the best explanation I have seen Bateman, I laughed so hard when I read that!

Mafex Vader is much better but still not perfect. If you want scale and proportions I suggest getting the model kit Vader and a bootleg of the black series for the cloth pieces. Thats probably my next test since pics show it looking amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I aim to please :lol But seriously, what is up with that figure's feet? They just look so wrong, from all angles...

I did consider getting the Mafex Vader but after watching reviews (yours included) and looking up some nicely-shot in-hand pics, I decided to just wait. The Mafex has some really great screen-accurate parts but the elongated cuirass, rubber skirts mixed with a cloth cape and skinny proportions put me off in the end. Vader needs to look bulkier and more imposing for my tastes.

Back