S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the Figuarts Star Wars line is getting a huge amount of foreign business. Just look at the fun and games on pre-order day.

This line is a goldmine and they would be crazy not to cash in. Hopefully they are currently working on Ray, Finn, Poe and BB8.

I'm sure the Figuarts Star Wars line is getting a huge amount of foreign business. Just look at the fun and games on pre-order day.

This line is a goldmine and they would be crazy not to cash in. Hopefully they are currently working on Ray, Finn, Poe and BB8.

Yeah..I'm just assuming this is their most popular line. Popularity they haven't seen before in their figures. I AM PROBABLY WRONG. But if I'm not I don't see why they wouldn't change things up a little bit and release more often than the past. But again correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah..I'm just assuming this is their most popular line. Popularity they haven't seen before in their figures. I AM PROBABLY WRONG. But if I'm not I don't see why they wouldn't change things up a little bit and release more often than the past. But again correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong. You're very wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You're wrong. You're very wrong.

I figured as much. So the popularity of lines doesn't really effect the release schedule/frequence of releases? Not that this truly bothers me. I am enjoying the quality of these figures and if that means less figures per year that's fine.

I figured as much. So the popularity of lines doesn't really effect the release schedule/frequence of releases? Not that this truly bothers me. I am enjoying the quality of these figures and if that means less figures per year that's fine.
I mean you're wrong in the sense that this is their most popular line. Alot of tokusatsu toy lines are very popular in Asia. Though I don't particular buy those myself.

I mean you're wrong in the sense that this is their most popular line. Alot of tokusatsu toy lines are very popular in Asia. Though I don't particular buy those myself.

Yeah I know you meant that. I was asking that question in addition. I didn't even consider tokusatsu hah. Makes sense.

They've said a few times before that (in America) DBZ is their best selling line. Star Wars is definitely up there though. As far as Japan is concerned I have no idea lol. DBZ however is NOT very popular in Japan and Tamashii caters to their homeland before any other market, hence why DBZ is just now getting more releases. As far as Star Wars is concerned, it must be doing pretty well over there judging by how much they've been releasing in such a short period of time. So in essence, the popularity of a line in Japan is what dictates Tamashii's moves. For Star Wars, Japan seems to be eating it up so Tamashii will keep supplying.

In terms of American and western audiences, the dragonball line comes out on top, in terms of Asia its very likely kamen Rider. Star Wars is still somewhat niche, and if im honest, the western audience is likely (at least partially) sustaining it by importing them just like we did with Dragonball. The only thing keeping the line from going full worldwide is the fact that Hasbro has the star wars licence for US and Europe.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Prod :p

Is it safe to say Star Wars is their most popular line? And the immense popularity of Star Wars might make releases more frequent? I know DBZ is popular, but as much as star wars? Even in Japan? I honestly don't know. Maybe someone can shed some light.

Popular, maybe..best selling, I think DBZ takes that crown and Kamen Rider is a huge seller for Figuarts in Japan

If they had the license to sell SW all over the world in stores no doubt it would be their most popular line. A lot of collectors are still loyal to Hasbro and won't consider these especially considering what it cost to get them here. If they were $35-$38 at your local Toys R US though..

Caved and ordered an overpriced Jedi Luke on eBay after HLJ failed to fulfilled my order. :( Hope it lives up to the pictures in person!

If they had the license to sell SW all over the world in stores no doubt it would be their most popular line. A lot of collectors are still loyal to Hasbro and won't consider these especially considering what it cost to get them here. If they were $35-$38 at your local Toys R US though..

Funny there was a time TRU sold Figuarts PR. Which didn't work out.

TRU seems like the wrong store to sell Figuarts IMO. People that shop at TRUs aren't expecting to pay for smaller than 6" figures for more than $20

would be cool if Barnes and Nobel could carry them. they got those sailor moon figuarts and some other bandai Star Wars stuff.

Funny there was a time TRU sold Figuarts PR. Which didn't work out.

TRU seems like the wrong store to sell Figuarts IMO. People that shop at TRUs aren't expecting to pay for smaller than 6" figures for more than $20

Don't they sell Figuarts at TRU in Japan? It wouldn't only have to be TRU. Every major online store would work too. (Amazon, BBTS, SS, EE, etc etc) The key is getting them within country for $35-$38 or whatever they cost at TRU Japan. $35-$38 with free prime shipping from Amazon would be most excellent.

They do sell SH Figuarts on Amazon. I'm thinking about getting Obi-Wan Kenobi for $51.45.

Update - I just bought him.

They do sell SH Figuarts on Amazon. I'm thinking about getting Obi-Wan Kenobi for $51.45.

Update - I just bought him.

Congrats and that's a good price.

But it isn't $35-$38 now is it.:wink1:

Back