S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Vader theory comes from the new comics; there is a point in them where a group believed to be the knights of Ren purchase a small box they believe contains Vaders lightsaber. Of course neither point is ever stated outright, but its a setup for something.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Gasper sorry yeah the new MARVEL comics are canon too, as is I believe is the novelisation.

But your right, and the crew has said that, anything can be used from the EU whemever it suits them. I think it's a good move and thereason why is because of coherence. Basically they put everything on hold outside the main star wars media, and can now bring back in whatever fits their new plans, which they use marvel for primarily I think. So yeah Big D that point is definitely a canon clue to go about.

I dont particularly like how disney goes about live action IP's (not an mcu fan), BUT starting somewhat fresh with sw canon was good move on Lucasfilm/Disney's part imo. Now it's basically wait and see what gets recanonised and in what way.

As for kotor, there ws a rumor luke is on rakata prime, but that turned out to be mere speculation. (And seems unlikely, hed be searching for the str forge, but we know hessearching for the original jedi temple, which makes me think hes on Tython.) The visual parall between kylo and rey and revan and bastila is also obvious as hell. I read JJ said he loved kotor, but I never could find that as a direct quote. Lastly, and that is a really cool thing, in the novelisation Snoke mentions 'the scourge of Malachor'. I've never heard bout malachor putside of kotor II...

He looks pretty good indeed. His shoulders are looking better than I thought they would. That cut in the "fabric" above his bicep looks less obvious than it did in promo pics. I can't say I'm happy about the hair paint mis-alignment on his forehead. The superior face paint is why I've accepted the higher prices on these premium figures so I hope they get that QC problem resolved in the future. I guess we won't have to worry about bad hair paint on Mace Windu! :)

No, I would never do something crazy like that! I take good care of my collection, as they are all I have to live for. I mean I did do it once, but I learned to never do it again! S.H.Figuarts are not meant to be disassembled, unless you are given explicit instructions from the Tamashii Gods to do so. I bought a replacement Clonetrooper after ruining my first one, but I'm experiencing the same loose joint issues. I did try pulling the leg out on my original one, I'll admit it. It only made things worse, but I had to test it to be sure.

Well the Clone trooper does have a special feature which allows you to pull the thighs out of the hip joint giving you a better range of motion. You have pictures?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bandaishoponline is where I ordered the riot control Troopers from. I have to plug in my computer and get a proper light so I can take some good pics of the collection. Will be posting in a few hours after work/doc appoinment

Where did you order your riot control troopers (TR-8Rs) from?

I managed to get them on bandaishoponline.
I Preordered these before I became aware of cheaper sites so unfortunately they were a bit more expensive. I've managed to create a backup fund for all my Preorders now so that I can get them on the cheaper sites like Amiami and hlj as soon as they go up.

@Gasper sorry yeah the new MARVEL comics are canon too, as is I believe is the novelisation.

I...

Sounds cool. If I want to get on the comics now, is there a starting point in graphic novel format? (I don't want to get individual comics).

Well the Clone trooper does have a special feature which allows you to pull the thighs out of the hip joint giving you a better range of motion. You have pictures?

There is no special feature, it is a lie propagated to get you to ruin your figures. Removing parts that you aren't explicitly told to by Bandai Tamashii Nations themselves can cause stress to the figure, and possibly lead to breakages. I know you'll think I'm a loon, but I sincerely believe that you should not remove the hood from the S.H.Figuarts Kylo Ren figure either. I haven't even touched my figures in over a week because I'm scared of breaking them.

What would you like to see pictures of? I am no longer in possession of my "broken" S.H.Figuarts Clone Trooper, and I will not be intentionally damaging anything else. I recommend using HobbyLink Japan, as they will help you if there is anything wrong with your order. I can tell you that I was both unable and unwilling to pull the leg out all the way. There is a lock (I'm not sure if this is the proper term) in place, as they are not meant to be pulled out.

Sounds cool. If I want to get on the comics now, is there a starting point in graphic novel format? (I don't want to get individual comics).

Right here, pardner!

the thighs pull down by design, just like mauls elbow joints

Yeah, I decided not to argue once he said that.

You're not supposed to pull the joints out, nowhere in official Tamashii Nations materials does it show that those joints are intended to be pulled out. They have locks in place for a reason. You're not meant to rotate the elbow and knee joints on Darth Maul either. I've had a lot of experience with the figma line of figures, and these S.H.Figuarts Star Wars figures are incorporating the same style joints sometimes. If I am mistaken, then please direct me to an official Bandai source that can prove otherwise. This is a legitimate concern of mine and I care deeply about the upkeep of my toy collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the point of trolling sometimes. Sure every now and then is fine but to make it an everyday "job" like certain people do is just sad. Ah the Internet, what a great and awful place

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

You're not supposed to pull the joints out, nowhere in official Tamashii Nations materials does it show that those joints are intended to be pulled out. They have locks in place for a reason. You're not meant to rotate the elbow and knee joints on Darth Maul either. I've had a lot of experience with the figma line of figures, and these S.H.Figuarts Star Wars figures are incorporating the same style joints sometimes. If I am mistaken, then please direct me to an official Bandai source that can prove otherwise. This is a legitimate concern of mine and I care deeply about the upkeep of my toy collection.

where does it say "please do not rotate the elbow & knee joints" ?

I can assure you, Tamashii doesn't care what you do with their products, as long as you buy it from a licensed vendor then it's yours to do whatever you please. The deal ends once the purchase is made. What kind of kool-aid are you drinking?

My Vader theory comes from the new comics; there is a point in them where a group believed to be the knights of Ren purchase a small box they believe contains Vaders lightsaber. Of course neither point is ever stated outright, but its a setup for something.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you been reading the Vader comics? I'm really enjoying them. I subscribed to marvel online during a promotion they were running last month.

Has anyone read The Star Wars? That graphic novel based on Lucas's rough draft of the sw script?

The-Star-Wars.jpg

I don't understand the point of trolling sometimes. Sure every now and then is fine but to make it an everyday "job" like certain people do is just sad. Ah the Internet, what a great and awful place

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I'm exhausted for him.

In other news:

giphy.gif

^nowhere does it say that Tamashii intended for you to create stop-motion videos of their figures. That is copyright infringement & is taking away from the original intent of Tamashii Nations. They are meant to stand on your shelf & nothing more. Don't even touch them, as the quality will degrade if you apply fingerprints

where does it say "please do not rotate the elbow & knee joints" ?

I can assure you, Tamashii doesn't care what you do with their products, as long as you buy it from a licensed vendor then it's yours to do whatever you please. The deal ends once the purchase is made. What kind of kool-aid are you drinking?
Dude, don't.

Just read the post Plastic Bateman posted, "Don't remove Kylo's hood" is one of the topics of his ****posting.

Back