S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke Skywalker showed up today.

oFbpikK.jpg

I am in shock. Your Luke paint apply is far better than mine. Yours is clean, flesh tone and lighty, mine is dirt, darker and less "real flesh" looking.

Also, gold hair on yours is darker and looks like washed with a darker maroon. Mine is 100% glossy and plain gold.

So... my lack of love for Jedi Luke may have a good reason.

Oh, man. I see my self buying the re-issue.

I am in shock. Your Luke paint apply is far better than mine. Yours is clean, flesh tone and lighty, mine is dirt, darker and less "real flesh" looking.

Also, gold hair on yours is darker and looks like washed with a darker maroon. Mine is 100% glossy and plain gold.

Sorry to hear that. I suppose I could have gotten lucky with the QC for once and picked up an unusually good example of the figure.

Sorry to hear that. I suppose I could have gotten lucky with the QC for once and picked up an unusually good example of the figure.

Umm, might just be me, but your lukes hair does not look right. Appears more mustard than the gold, did you repaint it? If not it might be your camera setting, but it does look off

Umm, might just be me, but your lukes hair does not look right. Appears more mustard than the gold, did you repaint it? If not it might be your camera setting, but it does look off

No, that's how it came out of a factory-sealed box. I very rarely mess with my figures, or if I do I'll buy a duplicate to modify. That's pretty close to how it looks in-hand colour-wise. Could just be the lighting, I guess.

Plenty of members crossover, so can anybody tell me why the DBZ figuarts thread is closed?

Nice shots Plastic! I was going through some hot toys and sideshow pics, I at one point bought 1 of those but returned it cause the size and the feeling of them being more dolls than figures (sorry, but that's just the way I experienced it), wasn't really my thing. (They're works of art, so no offence meant. I considered them for a reason.) But after skipping through black series afterward I feel figuarts nails the exact balance between those two for me.

I honestly feel figuarts jedi Luke is, aside from the gold hair, a better face sculpt than any 1/6 I've seen. (And I think I've seen the majority, both ss and ht.) Same for Maul, and compared to SS's tpm obi-wan, the same for Obi-Wan from what I can see. It's astounding to me.

And it's kindof strange to me that these are leaps better than the Avengers figuarts headsculpts. Maybe the Civil War ones will be better, but compared to these, and bruce lee, michael jackson etc, the avengers ones seem closer to Legends than hot toys. Kindof sucks for the fans imo, don't see why they would get a lesser treatment.

Plenty of members crossover, so can anybody tell me why the DBZ figuarts thread is closed?

Nice shots Plastic! I was going through some hot toys and sideshow pics, I at one point bought 1 of those but returned it cause the size and the feeling of them being more dolls than figures (sorry, but that's just the way I experienced it), wasn't really my thing. (They're works of art, so no offence meant. I considered them for a reason.) But after skipping through black series afterward I feel figuarts nails the exact balance between those two for me.

I honestly feel figuarts jedi Luke is, aside from the gold hair, a better face sculpt than any 1/6 I've seen. (And I think I've seen the majority, both ss and ht.) Same for Maul, and compared to SS's tpm obi-wan, the same for Obi-Wan from what I can see. It's astounding to me.

And it's kindof strange to me that these are leaps better than the Avengers figuarts headsculpts. Maybe the Civil War ones will be better, but compared to these, and bruce lee, michael jackson etc, the avengers ones seem closer to Legends than hot toys. Kindof sucks for the fans imo, don't see why they would get a lesser treatment.

Thanks, and I agree with you about these hitting the sweet spot. I like Hot Toys and 1/6, as expensive as that can get, but even the HT Star Wars figures weren't enough to break me down. These on the other hand, feel like the SW toys I've been waiting for since I was six years old - the perfect balance of size, quality and articulation.

Pictures don't really capture it, but honestly the Hamill sculpts on that Luke figure are so good I have to wonder if even Hot Toys could do a better job at rendering his features. Obviously working at 1/6 they could cram in more fine detail like pores and wrinkles, but just in terms of overall likeness Tamashii absolutely nailed it.

I'm really hoping I can get hold of Bruce Lee now, considering I missed the preorder. Same for Freddy Mercury.

As for the Avengers figures, if I had to guess I'd say the first batch were in development too early to take advantage of these new innovations. All the prototypes they've shown off at events recently seem to be in line with the new standard, though.

SH-Figuarts-Tony-Stark.jpg

Yeah , the first thor, cap, hulk all looks weird and comical. But the latest human figure starting with Luke has been a home run so far. That mech test tony looks great, think it might tempt me.

I hope I get ANH Luke this year though, and hopefully Bespin as well.

Yeah , the first thor, cap, hulk all looks weird and comical. But the latest human figure starting with Luke has been a home run so far. That mech test tony looks great, think it might tempt me.

I hope I get ANH Luke this year though, and hopefully Bespin as well.

I've already started stuffing money in a jar for the ANH figures they've shown off. My most-wanted figure though, has to be an X-Wing pilot. Even better if it's Wedge Antilles.

Obi just arrived and he is every bit as good as Luke from what I can tell here in the box..total miniature Ewan.

Oh yeah, pilot Luke is on top of my list as well.

I still remember when I got the 90s Kenner version :lol

The Imperials generally hogged all the coolest designs, but the Rebel pilot uniforms looked amazing.

Coming in just below that for me would be Bossk. My favourite of all the bounty hunters.

My SW Figuarts haul from my trip to Hong Kong has arrived in the mail. :yess:

Funny enough the Shadow Trooper was the 2nd cheapest despite being an exclusive.

SW-SHF.jpg

Latest posts

Back