S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! I prefer the hood-less look too! I actually prefer him without the entire robe, and I'm so happy Tamashii gave us that option. I'm keeping him that way!

Its weird now that you think about it, that there have been 4 different designs for Vader, all slightly different, and every figure seems to take design after a different one; figuarts was ROTJ, with the wider helmet, Mafex was Empire. ANH is the only one no one seems to like making, because of the fabric that goes over the shoulder armor instead of under.

A New Hope for a Figuarts Vader! :)

FullSizeRender_zpsbdn2gykn.jpg

Hmmm, wouldn't it have been easier to just take the wire out and sew a weight on the cape edge?

I had already considered the idea of using a weight, but it wouldn't work. The wire really isn't the problem, it's the material of the cape. You would need very large weights to achieve the same results, which would look ridiculous. I had to pull down on his cape with both hands very firmly to get the cape in this position. He's more of a static figure now, but I'm perfectly fine with that. The whole process is reversible, so I can remove him from this pose if I so desire.

I see, it still looks good. I probably would have used a steel ball or something heavy but small to pull it down, but I see your point.

Here are a couple pics of my collection of figures. I used to have a lot more black series figures, but now I mainly only own Figuarts, Mafex & Bandai model kits with a couple of the better black series figures mixed in.

@Prodigy very much agree but because it's now disney owned I'm still worried how those characters will progress. To me Luke is up there too though. Especially if they further his storyline well. But Disny will forever mke me cautious with expectations. They're so ****ing bent on moneymaking over anything else. I really hope they can let Lucasfilm somewhat operate independently creatively. But make no mistake, choosing a director who was gonna make a fanservice film (which tfa clearly is) was a very monetary decision, even though they get to come off as if they respect the property so much. We might just be lucky that in star wars' case money and story/artistic integrity might somewhat go hand in hand for once.

I'm not spoiling anything openly, or at least staying cryptic. I'm not gonna ruin somebody's experience just because I want a percentage more convenience. This is not the movie thread, even though some of us can treat it like that.

Cool pics guys!

I just stumbled upon these Figuarts figures yesterday in my search for a RotJ Luke figure. I've gathered from this thread that the figure is going to be re-released in February 2016. Should I wait to order it until then? Will the price be the same as ordering it now (the cheapest I can find it is $80 on eBay), or will it be cheaper if I wait and order it directly from one of the Japanese sites that I've seen some of you link to in this thread?

Thanks for helping out a Figuarts newb!

My FO Stormtrooper arrived today - amazing little figure except for the defective, miscast right wrist joint :slap

Managed to extract it from the arm using a hairdryer and some surgical tools, I've cleaned it up with an x-acto knife and 1000-grade sandpaper, the joint now sits flush - but I need to make a new mushroom peg to hold it together. Anyone know if it's possible to get dressmaking pins with 3mm heads?

I just stumbled upon these Figuarts figures yesterday in my search for a RotJ Luke figure. I've gathered from this thread that the figure is going to be re-released in February 2016. Should I wait to order it until then? Will the price be the same as ordering it now (the cheapest I can find it is $80 on eBay), or will it be cheaper if I wait and order it directly from one of the Japanese sites that I've seen some of you link to in this thread?

Thanks for helping out a Figuarts newb!

Wait. on release you could probably get it around 60 from japan sellers on ebay or check out japanese sites, there's a chance they will have a couple instock.

I like the kit, but it looks like The Fridge is the one inside the suit :lol

I think I managed to fix the wrist joint on my FO Trooper:

bfOlSPn.jpg

FHo86L6.jpg

The pin isn't too noticeable so long as it's kept on the inside of the wrist.

zgenS5h.jpg

The joint needs tightening with some Pledge Future, though. He's a bit limp-wristed :(

XqXhzOn.jpg

Other than the wrist issue, absolutely fantastic figure. Glad I have more on the way. I swore I wasn't going to get back into Star Wars, but this is the Stormtrooper I've wanted since I was 8 years old and tried and failed to make a fully-articulated stormtrooper out of Lego.

the shoulders on the bandai kit really annoy me, fine i guess if you want to build an army

I think they're more screen-accurate than the figuart. Most of the models are more screen-accurate, being models and not figures they sacrifice some articulation for accuracy.

Back