S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they'd be able to mass produce figures at the same level Hasbro does, and still keep their current standards of quality. My hope is Bandai/Tamashii keeps their SHF line as limited as it currently is, but ramp up the amount of Star Wars figures they release per year. In my dream world, 2020 would see the release of some ESB figures and a few more TROS figures. I think a good lineup would be:

ESB
-Luke snowspeeder pilot (prototype previously shown)
-Han Bespin
-Leia Hoth
-Lando Bespin
-Snowtrooper

TROS
-Poe (standard outfit)
-Finn
-Ben Solo
-Trudgen
-Vicrul

Hasbro's license ends this year, I haven't read anything about them extending it yet. I don't anticipate Hasbro losing it, but it's not like Disney isn't going to look at other offers or maybe at least allow other companies to produce stuff at different price points.

I actually hope MAFEX starts up theirs license again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they'd be able to mass produce figures at the same level Hasbro does, and still keep their current standards of quality. My hope is Bandai/Tamashii keeps their SHF line as limited as it currently is, but ramp up the amount of Star Wars figures they release per year. In my dream world, 2020 would see the release of some ESB figures and a few more TROS figures. I think a good lineup would be:

ESB
-Luke snowspeeder pilot (prototype previously shown)
-Han Bespin
-Leia Hoth
-Lando Bespin
-Snowtrooper

TROS
-Poe (standard outfit)
-Finn
-Ben Solo
-Trudgen
-Vicrul

Bandai is one of the largest toy companies in the world. If they did get the main license, I'm sure they'd dumb the line down a little bit to be able to do a $20 price point for US stores. I would bet they have the capability to do it, but who knows. I just want them to be able to sell the Star Wars SH Figuarts here no problem and no dumb $80 minimum price point, no extra stuff needed etc.

I'm wondering if Hasbro's apparent failure for a high quality line (the hyper real) will have an effect on negotiations. I know it's kind of early to call it a failure, but having 1 release and then still not showing an actual prototype must be disappointing. They haven't even said if anything will come after Luke.

Bandai is one of the largest toy companies in the world. If they did get the main license, I'm sure they'd dumb the line down a little bit to be able to do a $20 price point for US stores. I would bet they have the capability to do it, but who knows. I just want them to be able to sell the Star Wars SH Figuarts here no problem and no dumb $80 minimum price point, no extra stuff needed etc.

I'm wondering if Hasbro's apparent failure for a high quality line (the hyper real) will have an effect on negotiations. I know it's kind of early to call it a failure, but having 1 release and then still not showing an actual prototype must be disappointing. They haven't even said if anything will come after Luke.

New York Toy Fair is in 2 weeks. I think we will know a lot more then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man do I hope Hasbro loses total colossal control over the license in the US. Let Bandai release their many unreleased prototypes.

Going to get to work on this.

F6A20C8A-2930-4675-A0B2-04FA6C396B6A.jpeg

84470987_563896064469720_3432878178991865856_n.jpg

What could you give me?

Must say, only S.H has figured out the Adam Driver chubbiness in the sculpting department. Getting harder and harder to resist these.

I've passed on all their Kylos so far, as I'm not a fan of how they sculpted the hair on either of them. The only time Kylo's hair resembled the image above, is when the Falcon blew his hair back in TROS.

Not interested in Kanan or Revan, but would definitely be down for an Ahsoka. Wonder if they would stick with an animated look, or interpret her in a realistic style? Regardless, I would hope for her v2 outfit.

View attachment 473165

They'd probably do it like the Hasbro Black Series if we're being realistic

IMG_0275.JPG

I'd be in for it either way.

God I hope not. I want my figures to look like they do in the source material. Plus, you see how incredible the Dragon Ball Z figures look, and you just know they could make the animated Clone Wars figures look exactly like they do on screen.

It's quality over quantity with Figuarts, and long may it continue. That said, a few more of their protos becoming reality a little quicker would sometimes be nice... still the X-Wing Luke is surely a shoe-in for the ESB 40th year, so that's good!

Animated style figures would be interesting to see, tho not immediately must-haves personally. Unless it's the original Clone Wars cartoon style of course, but I think the likelihood of that in 2020 is about nil.

Animated style would definitely kick off a new line IMHO and I would be in. Their DBZ stuff is fantastic and they'd look great.

Not trying to start a Hasbro vs. SHF battle (obviously SHF are superior), but based on the tiny image I just saw of Hasbro's new 6" Luke Snowspeeder pilot, it might give Bandai's prototype a run for its money.

Back