S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that boba doesn’t hold a candle to the mafex version. The Vader looks good except for the cape.

Yeah, Boba Fett looks pretty weak. The helmet especially is just awful (kinda like the first Figuarts Stormtrooper helmet... blech!!). Vader looks better than I thought he might. Actually pretty decent really. But I don’t love the cape and the super shiny gloves look weird and out of place. Will be curious to see how this Vader looks side-by-side with the hasbro 40th and the Mafex R1 Vaders. I’m personally still a huge fan of the Hasbro figure. They absolutely nailed the ANH look.

Really want to upgrade from my original Figuarts Vader due to the height but that cape just stops me from doing it. So close but so far.

Can someone recommend a soft goods robe/cloak for ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin besides the Rikhor ones? I just got mine today and they are a little big for S.H. Figuarts.

Can someone recommend a soft goods robe/cloak for ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin besides the Rikhor ones? I just got mine today and they are a little big for S.H. Figuarts.

But the robes ARE big in the films

Look how he has to hold his sleeves up from falling to low

J2DRJ7f.png

oXC5zfF.png

Rikhor

IoA7mLM.jpg

Yeah that's one thing I didn't really catch in the films that I've notices with the Hot Toys, they're swimming in those things.

I’m guessing we will get two big releases of figures for The Rise of Skywalker like they did for TLJ. I hoping for these.

Flashback Luke 63891DA2-EE5A-4CC4-B553-E5825AAD1371.jpeg

Kylo 8A59C049-32DA-465F-9FE2-53EC36E60F37.jpeg

Rey 740D474D-CCD7-4327-9B8B-EFD2F01ACA8F.jpeg

Palpantine in whatever form he’s in.

Sith Trooper 5DD744EB-9FEE-41E3-B1B2-7AD6E3F719E4.jpeg

Knights of Ren F7338A92-E30F-44F0-B152-DB13378498BA.jpeg

Then they will filter in some surprise figures after the movies release.

I’m guessing we will get two big releases of figures for The Rise of Skywalker like they did for TLJ. I hoping for these.

Flashback Luke View attachment 460346

Kylo View attachment 460347

Rey View attachment 460348

Palpantine in whatever form he’s in.

Sith Trooper View attachment 460349

Knights of Ren View attachment 460350

Then they will filter in some surprise figures after the movies release.

Their track record suggests whatever they announce prior to the release of the film will be the end of it. No surprise figures after the movie is released.

I would say the likelihood of ever getting Finn or Poe in the line is virtually zero. They are retail poison. We can be lucky if we get the Sith Trooper, maybe yet another Rey and Kylo, maybe Luke and if SHF is confident they might also make a few Knights of Ren. Mafex has apparently all but given up on Star Wars, Revoltech gave up ages ago, that leaves SHF. I hope they will keep the license for a while longer. I still want some of the prototypes they've shown us.

I would say the likelihood of ever getting Finn or Poe in the line is virtually zero. They are retail poison. We can be lucky if we get the Sith Trooper, maybe yet another Rey and Kylo, maybe Luke and if SHF is confident they might also make a few Knights of Ren. Mafex has apparently all but given up on Star Wars, Revoltech gave up ages ago, that leaves SHF. I hope they will keep the license for a while longer. I still want some of the prototypes they've shown us.

Pilot Poe would sell fine, Nathan Poe maybe not so much but a great headsculpt would go a long way.

100% we are getting a Sith Trooper as it is heavily marketed. Same with Rey and Kylo. Hopefully a Luke happens, both ST and ESB. This line isn’t as prolific as last year but it’s not going anywhere after all those prototypes and relatively recent solicitations.

Pretty much........

I don't think that Finn and Poe are retail poison at all. I think that Hasbro simply released bad figures with missing accessories.

BS TFA Finn had no lightsaber and a bad likeness. Finn was heavily marketed with the lightsaber, and Hasbro chose not to include one. BS TLJ Finn again has a bad likeness, and is a dressed as a First Order Officer, which like all bad guy officer figures is a boring outfit to begin with.

And the problem with Poe figures has always been the bad likenesses.

All of those figures were likely overproduced since they came out for Force Friday.

And besides... Bandai doesn't even need to release them to retail. They can make them Web Exclusives.

Pilot Poe would sell fine, Nathan Poe maybe not so much but a great headsculpt would go a long way.

100% we are getting a Sith Trooper as it is heavily marketed. Same with Rey and Kylo. Hopefully a Luke happens, both ST and ESB. This line isn’t as prolific as last year but it’s not going anywhere after all those prototypes and relatively recent solicitations.

Pretty much........

Hell look at hasbro too, Black series slowed to a crawl, though they have stepped up the quality and imo, the offerings, its still very different these days. The new stuff just doesnt seem to have the same connection to kids/collectors as the previous two eras did with their generations.

Just a small rant too, this is partly why I laugh when people white knight for Rian and TLJ (It made so much $$$ and Disney is happy etc).. Look past the box office, not a single peep about Rians Trilogy, Abrams brought in to fix 9, they didnt ask Rian for a follow up. Retail is declining, product sucks cause hasbro needs to hit lower and lower price points to keep shelf space, often times offering clearance discounts/buy backs or sell offs (where **** ends up at winners/marshalls etc.).

I honestly think the Mandolorian will be my last care for the future of star wars, it cant be redone, Disney will never make up for it. I think Figuarts will tread very lightly with this Force Friday, they got ****ed over with the Praetorians and troopers, those things are still being clearanced by some places, 2 years on... Sith trooper seems to be the big product push, so I think theyll do it, but they arent gunna go too deep with the line

Dooku isn't bad, but I'm not sure he's a $100 figure. The lack of texture on the clothing and the ugly, yet kind of restrictive articulation is a bummer. But I always prefer the look of import figures over domestic, so im fairly happy.
9cf2bb5fff8ca281d22834ed025bf2da.jpg
8cdcf06626a511e98271208070daa366.jpg
667c72260662cc497e72996afee6910e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back