S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figuarts comes out there a lot better than I expected, very close 2nd, but I'm still giving this one to black series. It's their best release and the only gripe with it is the material quality and that teeny bit of a long neck. [...] If you're solely in SHF I'd still army build stormies with BS, this difference doesn't warrant the price difference to me, especially if you're buying more than two.

I must respectfully disagree; I'll give you that a properly painted BS6" helmet sculpt is excellent and looks very, very accurate; specifically a cleaned up and re-touched Sandtrooper helmet (stormie and sandie use the same sculpt but I'm going by best representation).

However; the BS6" is too skinny and the drop in materials quality and engineering makes them problematic alongside SHF.

Revoltech are a really fun, stylized piece but don't have the natural look that SHF do. Haven't got MAFEX in-hand yet, but they seem to lack the proportions and engineering/finish of SHF, and there's none of the over-the-top dynamic posing you get from Revoltech or the accuracy of a BS6" Sandie helmet...rendering them a release (as seen in photos so far) that treads so much middle ground as to be very bland all-around.

The biggest knock against SHF is that they carry a premium price tag with no sign of going down. I originally hated the stylized helmet but I came around to it, and it does take design cues from the screen-used prop in such a way as to convey the feel nicely on the shelf.

Of course, what I'll accept in a 1/12 action figure is more relaxed than what I expect for a high end 1/6 doll.

I did get in a PO for Luke since I missed on 1st one, but passed on Phasma. Really not excited for any characters from the new trilogy. Can't seem to get too excited for a movie I haven't seen yet and have many concerns about.... and most being not good. I did order a Kylo Ren since I usually like the baddies and this looks much nicer than Hasbro's Black Series which I passed on several times. Way too much OT stuff that I grew up on, and only certain Prequel characters I like, again the baddies :). Too much Star Wars stuff, but that's a good thing!!

Is that Mafex Stormie you pictured hard to pose?

The leg joints are loose so it isn't the best. Does come with a stand, but who wants a stand when other figures don't have them. Please check the MAFEX thread as I posted photos of the torso joint being total crap

anime-export.com site must be down?

Capt. Phasma sold out @ Nippon, CD Japan.

HLJ nothing yet but by the time I come back to refresh it might be sold out. Really don't want to go via ebay....

anime-export.com site must be down?

Capt. Phasma sold out @ Nippon, CD Japan.

HLJ nothing yet but by the time I come back to refresh it might be sold out. Really don't want to go via ebay....

Yeah, I didn't see it up at HLJ, so check there as often as you can today. I'm sure they'll limit 1 per household as well, so you should be able to get 1.

CS Toys usually put their pre orders on their site every Sunday, you guys might want to check their site out too. Never ordered from them but i think you might have to pay up front.

Black nova toys has her up but it's 63.99. I have never ordered from them so I can't say how they are.

Hard to believe this smaller than 6"

in case you are wondering about exposed shoulder joints, you can hide them

Head doesn't seem tiny at all IMO

Maul is an incredible figure, as is Luke. The quality on these are second to none. I'm not a 6" figure collector at all but these reeled me in in a big way.

I think Maul is their best to date in terms of Likeness. I can't wait for TFA stuff and I'm curious as to what the next character will be in the ST.

What is anyone's guess as to who will be next in The Force Awakens lineup?

Back