S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figuarts Mando is actually a tad taller than the BS. It actually scales well with 6” figures .

I’ve said this numerous times Hasbro always uses waxy gummy joints in their SW BS that create minimal articulation..now granted, Mando is a step up, by now I expect more from BS joints and I see it getting there, but they still aren’t in the league of Figuarts natural human movement yet.

I just wish BS would develop a new non gummy joint figure and use hard or more versatile plastic

Until then.. I will back up Figuarts and Mafex

Even at $20 Hasbro needs to be more innovative, same could be said with Figuarts and Mafex but at least they are trying new gimmicks, some work..some don’t , but they have changed a lot since the very first Figuarts SW :lecture

Without a doubt the biggest problem with black series is the gummy joints. But they just changed their joint system so hopefully the new ones work better. All the improvements they've made is thanks to competition from Figuarts. However Figuarts has been the top dog for so long that I feel like they've gotten lazy and fallen off. They're so hit or miss now. While Mafex and Black Series, who used to be incredibly hit or miss (especially mafex) have continued to step it up in light of that competition.

Figuarts Mando is actually a tad taller than the BS. It actually scales well with 6? figures .

I?ve said this numerous times Hasbro always uses waxy gummy joints in their SW BS that create minimal articulation..now granted, Mando is a step up, by now I expect more from BS joints and I see it getting there, but they still aren?t in the league of Figuarts natural human movement yet.

I just wish BS would develop a new non gummy joint figure and use hard or more versatile plastic

Until then.. I will back up Figuarts and Mafex

Even at $20 Hasbro needs to be more innovative, same could be said with Figuarts and Mafex but at least they are trying new gimmicks, some work..some don?t , but they have changed a lot since the very first Figuarts SW :lecture

Just a quick FYI, you may have your mandos thighs extended, they work like the clones, all mine were extended out of the box but if you push them he will shorten up a bit and be a bit smaller than the BS mando

Also helps the proportions and makes the helmet scale better imo

Just a quick FYI, you may have your mandos thighs extended, they work like the clones, all mine were extended out of the box but if you push them he will shorten up a bit and be a bit smaller than the BS mando

Also helps the proportions and makes the helmet scale better imo

I know about the extended thighs, and I didn’t have them extended when I scaled him to the others. The extensions is just another bonus imo

SHF Mando is scaled properly to the Black Series, and the helmet is either scaled properly or is incredibly close to the properly scaled figure.
Pedro Pascal is 5ft11in, Mark Hamill is 5ft9in (EDIT: somewhere around 5ft6in to 5ft9in) and Julian Glover is 6ft2in. Greedo is officially 5ft8in/5ft9in so the figure is just scaled wrong. You can see on the Veers head, the Mando helmet could more than conceivably fit.
a6adae5d667e60acc8c23ffa39ea5289.jpg

8c6f85271659e1470e4a18dca3ce7a43.jpg

03848ee5a86df3ff59c909caab55cfd5.jpg

9b5d0850403f0669416a614e468b92c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHF Mando is scaled properly to the Black Series, and the helmet is either scaled properly or is incredibly close to the properly scaled figure.
Pedro Pascal is 5ft11in, Mark Hamill is 5ft9in (EDIT: somewhere around 5ft6in to 5ft9in) and Julian Glover is 6ft2in. Greedo is officially 5ft8in/5ft9in so the figure is just scaled wrong. You can see on the Veers head, the Mando helmet could more than conceivably fit.
a6adae5d667e60acc8c23ffa39ea5289.jpg

8c6f85271659e1470e4a18dca3ce7a43.jpg

03848ee5a86df3ff59c909caab55cfd5.jpg

9b5d0850403f0669416a614e468b92c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that looks like it would break his nose in real life being forced on lol.

The helmet is most definitely too small, chest is too wide and now I think his feet are huge.

Man the nitpicking here. The rifle attaching to the back sucks I'll give everyone that, but the rest of the figure I'm happy for the import price I paid.

Man the nitpicking here. The rifle attaching to the back sucks I'll give everyone that, but the rest of the figure I'm happy for the import price I paid.

Even the rifle is an easy fix, you don't need to use that attachment part, the rifle hangs just fine with the shoulder strap and is how he holsters it 90% of the time in show anyways

That Black Series figure is straight up garbage, even for the price point, so I have no idea what these people see in it's round beach ball helmet. It has similar points of articulation on it, but the range is reduced, so sculpt and articulation clearly ain't it.

So my lackluster SH Figuarts Mando had two broken parts - one of which was the left arm. Contacted Amiami where I bought this item. Also sent pics to them of the parts in question. Here was their response:

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the problem with your item.

Please kindly provide us with a photo that includes either your order invoice or shipping label together in the same photo with the item.

Please note that no assistance can be provided if we are unable to see the paper invoice or the shipping label in the same photo with your product.

Of course, I did not keep either and recycling for the week already came. Is this a fraud preventive issue? Way to take care of customers, Amiami! I am pretty understanding, but that is a bit much to me.

So my lackluster SH Figuarts Mando had two broken parts - one of which was the left arm. Contacted Amiami where I bought this item. Also sent pics to them of the parts in question. Here was their response:

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the problem with your item.

Please kindly provide us with a photo that includes either your order invoice or shipping label together in the same photo with the item.

Please note that no assistance can be provided if we are unable to see the paper invoice or the shipping label in the same photo with your product.

Of course, I did not keep either and recycling for the week already came. Is this a fraud preventive issue? Way to take care of customers, Amiami! I am pretty understanding, but that is a bit much to me.
Kept your email billing? That oughta help

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G975W 發送

Back