S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not either. Come to think of it, the only Obi-Wan they have done that I like is EP1. I still haven't picked up ANH Kenobi and I went into this largely wanting to complete that set.

I may have this Anakin dueling Maul as a kind of "what if" scenario for Palps love.

So did I. Oh well. I can go without the Figuarts ROTS Anakin and Obiwan since I’m happy the Hot Toys versions.

Come to think of it, I also went into this line because Hot Toys hadn’t yet released a ROTJ Luke or a Maul.

After watching the fwoosh review, I do have to say I like the sith head a bit, even though it still doesnt look much like Anakin. The thing that surprises me though is the fact that quite a few people dont seem to realize how tall Anakin was in the movies. The height on both figuarts Ani's really throws off the look for me.

Black series got the height right, but the face paint is god-awful lol. I'm willing to bet there's decent sculpt under that nasty paint job, and we'll see it eventually when they get around to re-releasing it.

After watching the fwoosh review, I do have to say I like the sith head a bit, even though it still doesnt look much like Anakin. The thing that surprises me though is the fact that quite a few people dont seem to realize how tall Anakin was in the movies. The height on both figuarts Ani's really throws off the look for me.

Black series got the height right, but the face paint is god-awful lol. I'm willing to bet there's decent sculpt under that nasty paint job, and we'll see it eventually when they get around to re-releasing it.

Yeah there are at least 2 customizers (camarodude and IBMMT) that do castings and repaints of the BS Anakin and it is MUCH improved. Yeah Hayden Christensen is 6' 2" and Ewan is 5' 10", there should be a notable difference. Robo pulled the legs out and the height does look better.

This looks like some anime version of Anakin and a big departure from their usual style. Trash ****.

Yeah there are at least 2 customizers (camarodude and IBMMT) that do castings and repaints of the BS Anakin and it is MUCH improved. Yeah Hayden Christensen is 6' 2" and Ewan is 5' 10", there should be a notable difference. Robo pulled the legs out and the height does look better.

I'd love to see those! Unfortunately that Black Series Anakin goes for ridiculous money now, so there's no way I could get one to use with a custom head anyway lol

I'd love to see those! Unfortunately that Black Series Anakin goes for ridiculous money now, so there's no way I could get one to use with a custom head anyway lol

Yes Anakin BS is quite expensive for no good reason. I forsee Hasbro reissueing him and Kenobi in their Archive line with face print. Here are the custom heads. The first two are camarodude and the other two are IBMMT. They unfortunately are going to be too big to use on figuarts Annie.
Annie Camaro 1.jpg
Annie Camaro 2.jpg
Annie Bent 1.jpg
Annie Bent 2.jpg
I have had customs from them in the past and both artists are equally good and equally reasonable with pricing. They are on eBay.

Something must be wrong with Tamashii to drop the Ball that way on Anakin....
I’m collecting the Figuarts less and less except for the DB series... I hope Mafex will try to do an Anakin someday...

Yes Anakin BS is quite expensive for no good reason. I forsee Hasbro reissueing him and Kenobi in their Archive line with face print. Here are the custom heads. The first two are camarodude and the other two are IBMMT. They unfortunately are going to be too big to use on figuarts Annie.
View attachment 428602
View attachment 428604
View attachment 428605
View attachment 428606
I have had customs from them in the past and both artists are equally good and equally reasonable with pricing. They are on eBay.

Pretty cool! Thanks for the info and pics :duff

Through fear of being accosted yet again I have to say that those custom sculpts are still worse than the figuarts, even with its issues, so I dont see the point. The figuarts is still the most accurate 1/12 figure out of ep3 Anakin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Through fear of being accosted yet again I have to say that those custom sculpts are still worse than the figuarts, even with its issues, so I dont see the point. The figuarts is still the most accurate 1/12 figure out of ep3 Anakin.

This is true

Received my Anakin. Wow. This figure is nuts. Completely new sculpt and tooling, a much better figure than Ep2 imo. The sculpted fabric is unreal! The faces also look a zillion times better in person (surprise!). It's not anime looking at all.

I should have taken pics, but it was late. AOTC Anakin and ROTS Anakin are the same dang size lol. I have no clue why reviewers are saying ROTS is shorter. Fwoosh's review made it look like ROTS Ani was dwarfed by his younger self. All I can figure is ROTS Ani's face is a little smaller and less "baby fatty". I repeat, both figures are the same when you have them fully pushed down. And if you want to make ROTS Anakin taller than AOTC, pull down his legs and adjust his torso, boom. It looks natural too.

I totally agree. Those don't look all that great to me, not better than the SHF anyway. The original Hasbro was a pretty crappy likeness.

A lot of the times customs get posted they're significantly worse than the sculpts they're intended to replace. It's very rare when one is actually better.

I think the Anakin should be taller thought is all in our heads. He’s the exact right height because the Episode 2 Ani was just scaled bigger so he looks bigger. Sith Anikin is all new and in scale with previous figures and more true to his actual height. He also looks better in hand.

C5948E4C-DDA7-4A5B-AA04-5CF79C45D91C.jpg

For anyone looking to give Sith Anakin more height without having to extend the legs, I was playing around trying to work out a custom and Last Jedi Kylo legs pop on perfectly and it looks good.

891BA58C-9687-44FD-BD7D-444B32474F9C.jpg

Back