S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the hate for the helmet; that's easily the best part of the RO Vader.
It is, actually, but that goes to show how not good that figure is, it's not a very good helmet at all, and it's the best part of it.

I think that RO Vader only gets any hype because of the inherent status that imports have over domestic figures for being better (90% of times), so I can understand why some people can't accept something as clear as water as BS Vader clearly being the best figure out there, and Hasbro of all things, which only makes it harder to accept.

I get it, I myself bag on Hasbro every chance I get. Not in this case though.

I boycott Hasbro. I even said it right in front of their faces about the sh figuarts star wars figures is so much better than them.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

i do think this BS ver will be hard to top, when i initially got it before i opened i was totally underwhelmed, looked good but wasnt till it was inhand and i was posing did i realize how good this is.

but i am lookin forward to seein the RO prod ver pics. just dont think it has a chance really to top this.

wish the BS obi had all cloth on sans the brown under outfit, impossible at this price i know but oh man that next to vader would be sweet.

View attachment 338806

Apologies for the iphone photo.

Awesome, thank you for sharing!! Man that figure looks so killer. Cannot wait. Do the legs and torso pull down for articulation? Do the shoulders pull out and up too?

I guess to each their own, but to me the only thing the BS Chewie has going for him is he's a huge block of plastic. It looks fine, and it's super tall, but there's basically no articulation.

I had not noticed yet that the BS ANH (40th), don't really spend attention on what happens with hasbro, but it is indeed the best one out of all of them now relatively, but I still don't think anything below 1/6-scale has truly nailed all proportions. (Perhaps I haven't seen all, I think so though.) Never really realized how hard that is to do, or otherwise, just how much subtlety matters in Vader's helmet design.

Bit bummed out, was hoping Mafex' release was finally gonna be my Vader figure but I guess I have to wait for the holy grail of SW figures (imo) yet again.

Seriously scratching my head right now. Aside from the helmet being a bit high over his mask, what is so awful about the Mafex R1 Vader head? Not trying to get in an argument, genuinely asking. I have the BS 40th Vader and it looks great, though the grille of the mask feels a little big to me. I have plenty of BS mixed in with my imports, so I have no problem mixing and matching.

Seriously scratching my head right now. Aside from the helmet being a bit high over his mask, what is so awful about the Mafex R1 Vader head? Not trying to get in an argument, genuinely asking. I have the BS 40th Vader and it looks great, though the grille of the mask feels a little big to me. I have plenty of BS mixed in with my imports, so I have no problem mixing and matching.
The Rogue One Vader (at least from what we have seen so far) has skinny arms and overall proportions are just not very Vader esque. Rubber skirt is back from the previous version and that was horrible so I don't see how it will be any better with the RO variant. Not to mention it's Mafex and while they are improving there is still plenty of room for QC issues with them....

Unlike Gasper I don't think it's terrible but it doesn't seem awesome or as good as the BS either. I used to have the original Mafex Vader and sold it right before I got the new BS. While I was getting it ready to sell I realized just how bad it was; I had way too many problems with it. That alone is enough for me to not try another Mafex Vader.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The Rogue One Vader (at least from what we have seen so far) has skinny arms and overall proportions are just not very Vader esque. Rubber skirt is back from the previous version and that was horrible so I don't see how it will be any better with the RO variant. Not to mention it's Mafex and while they are improving there is still plenty of room for QC issues with them....

Unlike Gasper I don't think it's terrible but it doesn't seem awesome or as good as the BS either. I used to have the original Mafex Vader and sold it right before I got the new BS. While I was getting it ready to sell I realized just how bad it was; I had way too many problems with it. That alone is enough for me to not try another Mafex Vader.

Cool thanks man! I was hoping this version was a big improvement over the original, as the helmet and mask look much better to me. But I can be happy with the BS until something better comes along.

Awesome, thank you for sharing!! Man that figure looks so killer. Cannot wait. Do the legs and torso pull down for articulation? Do the shoulders pull out and up too?

I guess to each their own, but to me the only thing the BS Chewie has going for him is he's a huge block of plastic. It looks fine, and it's super tall, but there's basically no articulation.

No they don't pull down but the shoulders do come out for added articulation. The back of the head is articulated at the neck for slightly more movement as well.

The hands though are extremely limited because of the molded fur. I guess nothing can be done regarding that though

Nah I don't think it's terrible either, I just like throwing hyperboles that upset people [emoji38]

But yeah I agree with everything you said.

Has Mafex improved at all in the QC department with their latest figures? I know for instance the BvS ones sucked big time, that thread is full of breakages and sad stories.
It's just a mixed bag. You get some that are great in the QC department (Boba Fett) and some that are just a floppy mess (Superman). Not sure how they have been with their most recent stuff like Kylo Ren and Harley Quinn, but from what I have heard they are okay. Just kind of inbetween Boba and Superman quality.

Can you guys stop talking about BS vader etc please . this is sh figuarts topic and i am really bored to see BS discussion.

Hunh...

Figure comparison discussions is why I come here to begin with it's only natural to have the pluses and minuses of figures from the same scale being thoroughly discussed.

Not only is it natural it's actually an important function for the consumer.

We're lucky to get input from collectors who have the financial means to own multiple products from the same scale.

Same thing when I go into a home theater forum i'm there to get comparison input from multiple product lines.

This is a discussion forum so by all means continue discussing.

Last edited:
Hasbro has been doing great lately. Do you guys thing shf ben kenobi will see the light of day soon? If tamashii wont be releasing him yet, im itching to buy the BS Ben Kenobi atm

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hasbro has been doing great lately. Do you guys thing shf ben kenobi will see the light of day soon? If tamashii wont be releasing him yet, im itching to buy the BS Ben Kenobi atm

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I was wondering the same thing. I just broke down and got a BS Kenobi yesterday. My gut is telling me we won't see figuarts kenobi until next year.

I was wondering the same thing. I just broke down and got a BS Kenobi yesterday. My gut is telling me we won't see figuarts kenobi until next year.

Damn you ShadowGuardian! That was the last nudge i needed. Went and bought the BS Ben Kenobi hahaha comic shop's just next door

Back