S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Anakin advert. "Intense" headsculpt FTW.

673ee6e13a7af610e05f885ed10b1172.jpg

There we go, that's much better than the first shot of the angry head we got. Thanks, he looks really great!

Mafex Vader looks better.

But seems like the best one is still Bandai Model Kit.

I'll wait for the Black Series one too.
Bandai is good enough if you customize him, but I think this new MAFEX will beat it.
The new TBS Vader looks so nice, but I think TBS figures never will be better than any of the current japanese lines.

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

Something to take note of from the recent Fwoosh article showing those new Anakin images:

Okay, after some confusion I think we have all of this sorted out. For the most part. Early order incentives for Anakin are the angry head and the two lightsabers he has in the Dooku fight. The standard version of Anakin only comes with the neutral head and his own lightsaber. All of the extras are included with the early incentive. Two heads, extra hands, and three lightsabers. Now that begs the question, does that mean there is a standard version coming later, or is it all exclusive and only fast, early orders get all the extras?

Source: https://thefwoosh.com/2016/11/bandai-s-h-figurarts-star-wars-epii-anakin-promotional-images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bandai is good enough if you customize him, but I think this new MAFEX will beat it.
The new TBS Vader looks so nice, but I think TBS figures never will be better than any of the current japanese lines.
Nah, not a chance, from the get go you can already tell both the proportions of the BS and Bandai Models are still MUCH better than the new Mafex one.

The Mafex one is surely an improvement over the old one, but it really doesn't even touch the before mentioned, keep in mind I hate the BS line, but even that new Vader looks better than Mafex's.

Anakin looks great. Really sucks that it's a web exclusive, but hopefully he does get general release like you said. But i guess the exclusiveness makes him more collectable

No interest in prequel stuff, but that anakin sculpt looks good. The obi-wan, however, looks terrible =/

I hope they got the scale right on chewbacca. He looks kinda short

Edit: Yeah, seeing the promo shots he's way too short...wtf

Nicer paint and natural-ness(?) than Black series. I like how they're still using the digital colouring on an alien figure, including the hair highlights it seems

That doesnt make much sense from what I know of figuarts. If those items are "first run" bonuses, then he isnt a web exclusive as he would only have one run anyway; tamashii dont reissue web exs unless they are repaints in my experience, it goes against their own ethos.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe the figure with the accessories is the exlclusive, hence why the sheet scan apparently says that he only comes with two lightsabers. That could be describing the web exclusive bonuses, since he definitely comes with three if you look at the pics. They all have distinctly unique handle designs

Back