S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also worked out, by comparing my 3 different boba fett brands why the mafex just looks so much better and real.....his head is much bigger proportionally, so looks more human...think race car driver out of the car with helmet on. It's easy to forget we don't have pin heads....unless you are a body builder.

Can I get general consensus....are most of you, who are thinking of getting unmasked Kylo, going mafex or shf? I believe the shf version will need early commitment to get, due to web exclusive. Usual concerns/issues.....in that I think shf will have edge in articulation, robustness and facial accuracy....but mafex should be nearly as good, but crucially taller.....which he is in the film.

If Medicom keeps up the quality from Boba Fett, MAFEX will be the way to go for Kylo. It already looks good (I think the Ben head actually looks better than Figuarts) and I like that it has soft goods that won't restrict articulation and the helmet for both looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Medicom keeps up the quality from Boba Fett, MAFEX will be the way to go for Kylo. It already looks good (I think the Ben head actually looks better than Figuarts) and I like that it has soft goods that won't restrict articulation and the helmet for both looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm biased, as I prefer the build and "house style" of SHF -- but I will say that although MAFEX may have improved on Boba Fett, chances are they still have a ways to go on human face paint apps; what I've seen in production tends to look rudimentary. BvS Superman being a recent case in point.

They did do a better job on helmet proportions on their FO trooper and Boba Fett's helmet looks great, I'll give them that.

Anybody have some pictures of their Darth Maul available to post? Been skimming the thread but havent seen any yet. Thanks mates

Great figure but those legs are so hard to pose especially with the rubber cloth not being soft enough.

3680AEE1-F2E3-4A54-B179-88AEAC1BBAE6_zpsbvp5g4cz.jpeg

Can I get general consensus....are most of you, who are thinking of getting unmasked Kylo, going mafex or shf? I believe the shf version will need early commitment to get, due to web exclusive. Usual concerns/issues.....in that I think shf will have edge in articulation, robustness and facial accuracy....but mafex should be nearly as good, but crucially taller.....which he is in the film.
SHF head sculpt looks like a "light side" Ben Solo. He even seems to be smiling and that's a serious fail. I want an afflicted Kylo Ren.
The MAFEX version looks nice, but I don't like the hood attached to the robes, inaccurate and weird "fabric-plastic-fabric" look.
I wonder if it will be able to be replaced with the excellent Bandai kit hood, but I think it would need to be cutted.
Blah. [emoji28]

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

Looks a bit better there actually, not as deformed as the initial pic. As always I'm sure it'll get better though. Now where are the pics of padme, Anakin and old Han...

Jango is 19$ in NY!!! i bought mine yesterday for 30$

I've just bought the last SHF Jango on NY... :monkey3 So sorry.

I paid 30€ (registered shipping to Spain included). I will be happy if the figure just has not defects. At that price i can accept some design flaws.

@Kunanuk
No problem i'll not cancel my order it's already shipped :) im pleased with that price
@paintpot
Yep i like jango too if you love the character price is not important sometimes :)

I think that headsculpt looks exactly like the actor. No doubt the sheen will vanish in production like Maces did.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back