S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh...i had a horrible experience picking up my anh luke skywalker. Apparently the canadian customs left a sticker with no bill on it and the post office refused to issue my package. To make thing worse, they sent a fax to customs to await for a reply. Why not just call them or fax the info on friday instead of waiting till the following monday?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Damn it. I have not enought time nor skills for the model kit. OMG, nor do I have money to buy S.H. Speeder.
So, I will have to keep my BS version.
Yeah, this is an example that actually is almost impossible to focus on a line. Eventually, all we feel pushed to get some of those american rubbish figures. Sadly.
That said, I think that S.H. Speeder is overprized, and I disagree that's an exclusive. Hello online scalpers!

Hey, im a novice when it comes to model kits, but a cheap model kit cutter and tweezer set on ebay later and I can make them look great. The Star Wars kits arent difficult, just time consuming. After your first kit it becomes more intuitive about which piece goes where, and you dont need to paint most of them, and those that do a sharpie does me fine (for Boba Fett).

I would reallt recommend trying it man, you will surprise yourself.

Ugh...i had a horrible experience picking up my anh luke skywalker. Apparently the canadian customs left a sticker with no bill on it and the post office refused to issue my package. To make thing worse, they sent a fax to customs to await for a reply. Why not just call them or fax the info on friday instead of waiting till the following monday?

The fact that customs messed up should void having to pay anything at all, thats unfortunate man.

Hey, im a novice when it comes to model kits, but a cheap model kit cutter and tweezer set on ebay later and I can make them look great. The Star Wars kits arent difficult, just time consuming. After your first kit it becomes more intuitive about which piece goes where, and you dont need to paint most of them, and those that do a sharpie does me fine (for Boba Fett).

I would reallt recommend trying it man, you will surprise yourself.

I've build some of those kits:
Stormies don't need any mod nor painting, then you can put the figure quickly on the shelf. I love them.
Darth Vader needs a little more work with the custom fabric robes, but it's a simple upgrade. I also painted the buttons and chest plate with Gundam Markers.

But I still have nightmares thinking about how will I apply the weathering on C-3PO and the Astromech Droids... And I also have that fear with Phasma.
The Speeder Bike would be my final horror show. I see people on Youtube converting that piece of plastic in a fine art work. It's a lot of time, dedication, skills and knowledgements. The same on Boba Fett and Sandtroopers. I literally have no time, tools, paintings and skills to do that. I'm the most of the time drawing at my studio and, when I finish my work, I need to go outdoor or play some videogames. I mean, if I draw, I can't build models and give them a decent finish.
That's my drama. So, some Black Series are good enough for my purposes, but actually I dream with that S.H. Figuarts Speeder... Let me say, Big Deano, my love for this line is growing thanks to you. It fact, I've stopped collecting any other Hasbro figure, just to let me afford the upcoming S.H. releases. I even can live without some obscure characters now.

Oh, ok, sorry, I'm going too far with this.

That said, I'm still considering the model kit Speeder... I will tell you my final decision...

Best regards!

In Spain, I've never paid customs fees for Japanese shippings. I use SAL registered, it usually takes around three weeks to arrive.
The total amount for a single Figuarts is 40-50€ from Hobby Link Japan. I feel really fortunate after reading some of your issues.

In Spain, I've never paid customs fees for Japanese shippings. I use SAL registered, it usually takes around three weeks to arrive.
The total amount for a single Figuarts is 40-50€ from Hobby Link Japan. I feel really fortunate after reading some of your issues.
This is the first time I've ever had this issue. Usually my package arrives within 3 to 4 days.

Anyone tried using BS Han's stromtrooper belt and putting it on SHF Luke?
I've been playing with a few things myself

47c869a26c7086144ad747f709fb929a.jpg

85e60a5598af8993244247381c4de221.jpg

46fc55d257e9ddb32bbcd808a4fee805.jpg

Really loving how my Vader is coming together
fcd3c75415ff313913e404bfeec8dd44.jpg

8f34ae446879e2cbb14d6b25e93b8b78.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Great looking Stormie Luke, you do wonder if they'll actually do he and Han like that one day.
It's still too early to tell. If the line remains successful I'm certain they will eventually. But it's hard to say what direction they are going to take. So far it seems they are starting chrologically and only giving enough OT stuff to keep us interested. As well as a few figures from the new movies, probably just enough to satisfy Disney. I'm excited to see where this line is in another year or so. Considering we've already seen a TON of new figures for only being a year and a half old. Very promising line. Definitely glad I committed myself early to collecting every figure.

Perhaps they're keeping their powder dry till Rogue One comes out. If that is a success then they have all next year to bring stuff out.

Perhaps they're keeping their powder dry till Rogue One comes out. If that is a success then they have all next year to bring stuff out.
They usually save their big reveals for special Event in Japan. The next one is scheduled around October/November. Hoping to see some really promising things. I would love to see some female characters.

Just dropped $60 for the Shadow Trooper. Just about up to date with the collection. Spent a total of $226 on the Shadow Trooper, OT Trooper, Battle Droid and Clone Trooper. All I'm missing is the unnecessary FO Trooper

I really, really like the ANH Luke figure. So glad I kept the order and didn't cancel!

FullSizeRender.jpg

However, I agree with some previous posters, this pose seems impossible to pull off, though I'm happy with how I got mine to look.

bann05201_4_1456735726.jpg

Ok, so I got curious about this "impossible" pose aaaannnddd:

739a41271b3e101821c89686a16ddeac.jpg

That was a couple minutes tweaking, its not that hard folks, sorry [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok, so I got curious about this "impossible" pose aaaannnddd:

739a41271b3e101821c89686a16ddeac.jpg

That was a couple minutes tweaking, its not that hard folks, sorry [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Care to post a tutorial video or pics? :rotfl

Apparently I just need to mess with it some more!

Nice effort :) I was trying to get the saber a bit more horizontal, almost pointing down but gave up.

I've gone for something different for a while :)

1040b31725fca1c4bf5f59f5fe5fca7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back