S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't like 1/6, sadly - if you want to get these figures at retail you're going to have to join us in losing sleep waiting for preorders to open on the Japanese webshops like HLJ and AmiAmi, and putting in an order as fast as you can.

Speaking of retail and missing preorder windows:

JafD5Rg.jpg

Paid about £20 over the odds in the end. I can't complain though, as much as I'd love to tell anyone who missed it it's got a variety of flaws, nitpicks, QC issues, etc I'd be lying. This is one of the most perfect sets I've picked up from any toy company ever.
god i know. I was gonna skip him myself, but caved and got one..... Now i want two more :/

Question. Whats the best OT stormie in this scale?

I think most people's rankings go like this:

Accuracy - Bandai model kit>Mafex>SHF=Black Series (both have different flaws)>Revoltech

Build Quality - SHF (by quite some distance)>Bandai model kit>Revoltech>Mafex>Black Series

Articulation - Bandai model kit>Revoltech>Mafex>SHF>Black Series

The SHF is actually nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, but it's very hard to find it at anything like a sane price nowadays. Model kit is probably the best alternative.

Haha, ive here just not posting.It actually took me about 4 days to finish this. I'm really glad you like it! [emoji4]
Yeah tomorrow when the sun is out I'm going to take out the real camera! [emoji2]

Yeah I do really like it. Diorama + SHF = Amazing. Is that the MAFEX Stormie?

Lmfao! That would be hysterical. But I'll likely just make my own.

That's the Figuarts stories
Also plan on making a Diorama for each of my figures.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

How much better, or indeed worse, is the Bandai model kit of the scout and speederbike? They are a bit better priced than the Figuarts.

How much better, or indeed worse, is the Bandai model kit of the scout and speederbike? They are a bit better priced than the Figuarts.
Bandai model kit is 40 while the Figuarts will run you about 180

I hope we get a New hope Vader when Rouge One cimes out thats the mafex Height.

Doubtful, I mean, what more, other than height, could they bring to the table that would make him worth doing? The others changed between movies, he didn't that much, save maybe for his armour getting shinier. I'd like to see someone like Veers or Piett done, we haven't had a figure like that from Figuarts.

True, but, would I notice much difference between the two?
I have the model kit scout, the joints are very similar to figuarts, so movement isnt an issue. The only annoying things are he is slightly too tall (as all model kits are) and he has a sticker that has never fit right on his face.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

True, but, would I notice much difference between the two?
Not big differences but if money isn't an issue I would go for the Figuarts. It's a beautifully designed and detailed figure. I currently have 4 and want more

Thanks guys,

Mmm, based on that, I don't think I'll bother with either. I think the most expensive I'll get are probably the FO Riot Trooper and Heavy Gunner. I'm undecided about Maul, but definitely will get Jedi Luke, probably after I get the Mafex Vader next week as I know prices on Luke are only going to get higher.

Agreed about Maul. Im not a prequel fan in any sense, but Maul actually looks like the actor that played him in makeup, its that good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,

Mmm, based on that, I don't think I'll bother with either. I think the most expensive I'll get are probably the FO Riot Trooper and Heavy Gunner. I'm undecided about Maul, but definitely will get Jedi Luke, probably after I get the Mafex Vader next week as I know prices on Luke are only going to get higher.
Some more detailed pictures

714cb4323d85be2826ef9b0d457bdbeb.jpg

c3e50e282f4339c103539acadc013a71.jpg

8f459327a22524e83511c414027ae420.jpg

d59e5874cab01d0f073a5d2fe7f4b9f4.jpg

This figure really does look outstanding. If there was an option to get the figure without the bike I'd be ordering at least 2 more.

Hopefully Figuarts will bless us with a Sandtrooper, Space Trooper, Snowtrooper, TIE pilot, AT-AT Driver and DS Gunner in the future. Not to mention all those EPIII Clones......

Hopefully Figuarts will bless us with a Sandtrooper, Space Trooper, Snowtrooper, TIE pilot, AT-AT Driver and DS Gunner in the future. Not to mention all those EPIII Clones......

Bandai did teased us EP 2/3 clonetrooper model kits, that could fill in the gap before the Figuarts ones.

Back