S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprisingly not so much until they have been out for maybe a year. Im using the dragonball series as example incase anyones wondering.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry for reeling away from the topic...but i've been thinking of getting the black series palpatine as a place holder in my display shelf with my figuarts. Well, until they make an shfiguarts palpatine (which i doubt or maybe after 10 years haha). What do you guys think? Ive read reviews and most were kind of disappointed. I dont know, the more i look at him, the more he grows on me haha

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Most people ive talked to rate Palpatine as one of the worst black series figures honestly. He cant sit because of his hard plastic skirt piece, his cane is too short, and his soft goods are way too thick.

I would say if you do get him, keep an eye out for Rickhor409s cloak set for Palpatine, it looks incredible.

I wonder if he ships to the Philippines. Yeah i saw that in the fwoosh. The figure got bumped to 11 with Rickhor409s cloak

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The pricing is all due to how long each figure has been out for. These arent like Hasbro or Kenner; once they are released, they very rarely get a reissue, and if the are web exclusives they dont get reissued at all, meaning that they immediately begin rising in 3rd party pricing as they become harder to find.

Maul as an example has been out longer than Obi-Wan so naturally his price is higher, and the stormtrooper, although not a great figure, is now out of stock pretty much everywhere and so is worth much more.

I see,

That does make some sense. I guess it's a case of shopping around and grabbing what you can when you can. Probably for the best then that ANH Luke, Han and Chewie aren't out yet as you'll get some good prices on them when they come out.

The only thing that disappoints me about the Figuarts is the inconsistency of the pricing. I can get an Obi Wan for under £40, but you can't find a Maul for under £50 and they don't really have that much over each other when it comes to accessories. Same with Jedi Luke it seems that, just because he comes with that Anakin head, the prices he goes for are ridiculous. The Freddie Mercury I bought and the Bruce Lee I'll get tomorrow both come with more accessories and yet are way less in price. The dramatic variance can't be covered by it purely being Star Wars either. As they say, rather aptly, go figure!

It strikes me, when I look back at the 70's toys, that we weren't quite as discerning as we are now. I shudder at what we used to think was incredible, the thing was though, back then, it was groundbreaking and nothing like that had ever been seen or done before. It is also staggering to think that Kenner Star Wars figures were £1.25 each when they first came out, what toy like that can you get for that much now!?
Are you new to collecting or what?

Welcome to the jungle!

LOL! Well, I'm new to collecting Figuarts, but not new to other collections including 1/6.

This isn't like 1/6, sadly - if you want to get these figures at retail you're going to have to join us in losing sleep waiting for preorders to open on the Japanese webshops like HLJ and AmiAmi, and putting in an order as fast as you can.

Speaking of retail and missing preorder windows:

JafD5Rg.jpg

Paid about £20 over the odds in the end. I can't complain though, as much as I'd love to tell anyone who missed it it's got a variety of flaws, nitpicks, QC issues, etc I'd be lying. This is one of the most perfect sets I've picked up from any toy company ever.

I'll stick to eBay, I've found the prices with free shipping to be pretty reasonable. I got the Freddie in your pic for £38.23 and Bruce Lee for for £45.99, I'm happy with those prices compared to most I've seen. The SW figures I want are still within that range too and I would certainly not pay any more than I have for them.

Surprised ANH Luke preorders never came back up on Amiami, cdjapan, HLJ etc. so I didn't want to take any more chances of missing out on a good price, so I preordered him and was still lucky to get it at preorder srp.

This Luke might go up in price as the Jedi Luke did :slap

They've figured out how many they can make now. Unless it's an Ex, you should have no problems getting any of these or Marvel Figuarts post release day.

Got my Scout Trooper the other day, he's great. However the big black base wasn't fitting into my already pretty full cabinet so I got an old figuarts Stage Act 5 and twisted a Phillips head screwdriver around in the hole to make it a bit bigger and the black stand fitted perfectly in there.
IMG_6677.jpg

Doesn't look exactly right on it's own but in a packed cabinet the clear base is a lot less intrusive.
IMG_6678.jpg

I'm finding the prices for most of the ones I want are pretty reasonable, save for the OT Stormie.

OT Stormie is a strange one. Probably the weakest on the line and is apparently readily available from stores in Japan, yet the Internet prices are crazy. I'd like 2 more but I'm waiting for a (fingers crossed) re-release for Rogue One.

I might settle for the FO's as there are 3 different ones and the prices are all good. I was surprised to find, as I may have already said, that one of them didn't have a Fin head, though he may come out in his own right along with Rey. I want at least one pair to duel and that, right now, is the Mafex Vader and Figuarts Luke. Later it'll hopefully be the Mafex Kylo Ren and Figuarts Rey, we'll see....

Jeez. Those months really paid off, you've done a great job with that dio. Maybe have a pic with Luke in there(?) 👏🏼
Haha, ive here just not posting.It actually took me about 4 days to finish this. I'm really glad you like it! [emoji4]
Yeah tomorrow when the sun is out I'm going to take out the real camera! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back